Sign in to follow this  
NESGamepro

House Extension Bugs

I had some major bugs trying to extend my house yesterday, I am including pictures because it might be hard to understand without them.

First, the before shot (rendered in Deedplanner 3D):

bug1.jpg

Next, the after shot (again in Deedplanner):

bug2.jpg

The first bug happened when i tried to extend the house plan to the tile marked with a red 1 in the before shot. It would not let me because of the fence on the 2nd floor circled in red, as soon as I removed that fence I could continue on. I had already extended the house on the tiles marked 2 and 3 in red with no problems.

Next I built those walls as they were to be my new outer walls including the new 2nd floor of the entry way (marked with a purple 1 on the after shot). No problems.

Then I destroyed the 3 old outer walls, marked with green 1, 2 and 3 on the before shot, and built the new floors i needed. The plan for the old door (green 2) did not disappear and I had no way to remove it. That's where the real problem started. After that I could not continue building the house, it told me to finish the outer walls first, but I already had.

After some time complaining to friends I thought about it and decided to rebuild the old door that was "stuck" as a plan (green 2). That worked and now I am able to finish my design. I am stuck with that unwanted inner wall though now and if I destroy it my beds won't work, says it's too windy.

So in a nutshell, extending houses does not make the new outer walls act like outer walls or at least the doors don't act like new inner walls because the 2 old windows (green 1 and 3) were destroyed properly and gave me no further problems. Now I'm stuck with an unwanted inner wall or my beds won't work. Not to mention the time it took to figure it out.

Sorry if this warps your brain as bad as it did mine at first, if any clarification is needed please ask.

in simple words: extending a house doesnt add outer walls, but makes inner walls that are added to the outside of the house?

Something like that yeah, but it doesn't seem to affect all wall types.

Edited by NESGamepro

I wonder if it's because you didn't have a "new" door? Just guessing. =)

I was hoping this bug would be fixed with today's update but nothing has changed, I'm sad. :(

So we can bash walls again, that's good, but this bug STILL exists.

A feature was released to extend houses but its so utterly broken that it's useless. Somebody please fix it, it's getting old.

I know it is not going to fix the problem but maybe you can use an arched wall in the place of the door until they get it fixed..idk 

Zuperman also told someone else in another thread to /support any inner walls that are not working correctly so if you have not done that yet you might want to give that a shot..gl with it.

Edited by Kegan

I did make it an arched wall, not exactly what I was going for but it does work for now.

I know a couple of the GM's and they told me to not send it to support, they would just say post it on the forum.