Sign in to follow this  
Idony

Awnings -Replacment For Removed Item

Logged on today to discover the awning I love so much above my front door is missing.... probably I suppose because walls were updated....

(if the awnings weren't actually supposed to go I will very very gladly take them back.. since the indoor-awning issue was solved long ago..)

So, for those of us that really want the awnings.. if we can't just plain ol' have them back.. can we get some sort of replacement that we can build and push into place ??

Otherwise if the awnings were removed for the wall update/expanding update... can the code not already detect when a door is outside or inside and place the awning that way?

• Like 1

Hopefully this is just a bug.  I love my awnings.  Will have to redesign/rebuild a few things if it's not a bug.  :)

+1 to getting a replacement we can build onto the doors, if they're gone on purpose.

They are gone on purpose - they were never meant to be given automatically.  In the future, you'll be able to add them to the doors you want.

They are gone on purpose - they were never meant to be given automatically.  In the future, you'll be able to add them to the doors you want.

Hope this doesn't come across as rude, but where does it say that?  Are you a developer without a tag?

I was wondering the same as Amadee. 

Hope this doesn't come across as rude, but where does it say that?  Are you a developer without a tag?

It's been said multiple times over a few months that this is the case.

Perhaps I missed it somewhere. I do try to stay informed on what's going on but do miss things of course.  I still want to know, where does it say that?  

I know it's been said that it's being worked on to allow us to control where the awnings go, but I've seen nothing that says they were being removed in the meantime, or that...."they were never meant to be given automatically.  In the future, you'll be able to add them to the doors you want." 

I've heard this as well in a statement at some point. They were added as an experiment, and was to become part of optional upgrades for houses to add even more visual variety.

I accept your apologies.

Edited by Penates