Sign in to follow this  
Thorin

Sleep Bonus - Granted Resulting From Server Crashes

Would someone from Wurm be so kind as to clarify the practice of granting sleep bonus when the servers go down?

I am unsure, as to what the conditions are for sleep bonus to be granted to players, and based on the discussion I have heard on chat channels after this latest multi-server crash, I am not alone.

Thanks you, I appreciate your time.

bonus is granted after bad bad failures, this was a simple crash, u lost 0 cept a bit of play time. Thus no bonus will be given out.

[00:49] <Aldaturo> rolf, do we get SB?

[00:50] <Rolf> aldaturo it comes when the servers don't shut down cleanly

That's what Rolf said in #wurm yesterday when a server crashed. I'm not entirely sure what it means, I think it has to do with sleep bonus being given out automatically after certain types of crashes?

[00:49] <Aldaturo> rolf, do we get SB?

[00:50] <Rolf> aldaturo it comes when the servers don't shut down cleanly

That's what Rolf said in #wurm yesterday when a server crashed. I'm not entirely sure what it means, I think it has to do with sleep bonus being given out automatically after certain types of crashes?

Considering that alot of the servers just crashed on us we should of gotten sleep bonus o.O

no u get sleep bonus when ya loose ingame work ya did, IE Roll Back. that wasn't the case this time, also the server is setup to quto give out the SB if that happens.

Insolent and ignorant as we know it.

Hours of server downs without any respond, and a nice little ###### you from the holy maker of the game.

Keep up the good work.

And be glad that you don´t work with humans in real life, you wouldn´t do it for long i can assure you.

Its simply Rolf's way of saying sorry for the servers freaking out.

Ive never really seen him clarify the exact circumstances. Offhand it seems to be done when he feels the situation warrants it.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 3

Its simply Rolf's way of saying sorry for the servers freaking out.

This pretty much indeed.

I guess yesterday the connection was lost somewhere, but the servers didn't actually crash.

Hours of server downs without any respond, and a nice little ###### you from the holy maker of the game.

Keep up the good work.

And be glad that you don´t work with humans in real life, you wouldn´t do it for long i can assure you.

And now you can't even register on the site. This game gets even better and better. The dev team is probably the best i've seen in a an MMO

And now you can't even register on the site. This game gets even better and better. The dev team is probably the best i've seen in a an MMO

Feel free to leave anytime you choose. 

A word of advice though, if you keep focusing on all the bad things in life you will need therapy at some point.

• Like 1

The sleep bonus was only ever an optional thing. Rolf has never, ever said that he would guarantee sleep bonus under any circumstances whatsoever.

The sense of entitlement is strong within this thread........

• Like 2

... you will need therapy at some point.

I am sure you are very well versed on that one.

Keep up the good work.

Every other game i have played give ZERO compensation when a server crashes / is down for a day etc etc.

Rolf is under no obligation to give anyone anything, yet he regularly does.

My ISP doesn't give me compensation everytime my net drops for a few hours a time , yet i pay a lot more for that service than i do for this one.

Oddly there is this little clause in the agreement that EVERY single players agrees to when choosing to play, and that is that Wurm is not liable to give compensation for any downtime, nor does it guarantee 100% uptime either.

• Like 1

I am sure you are very well versed on that one.

You say that like its a bad thing. :rolleyes:

Every other game i have played give ZERO compensation when a server crashes / is down for a day etc etc.

This is due to the fact that other games have massive player bases where servers will go down every week for server maintenance, in order to keep them working, and the player base is understanding of this.

If we're talking about other games, I've played WoW for 5 years on and off, and while it is a much larger game company, I don't quite remember any random downtime outside of the required maintenance, and I never doubted that my subscription money was being well spent (arguably).

Wurm is a much smaller game where the players are much more close to the devs and the nature, and because of the sleep bonus given in the past, it's more than easy to see why some players will expect something back, not like I give a damn about the sleep bonus but the server being down for hours for a reason that atleast, to me is unknown, is terrible.

I see that none of you have considered that it wasn't actually the servers that were down, but their connectivity to the internet.  That is something that is beyond Rolf's control and in those cases he does not give out SB.