Sign in to follow this  
Ulfrik

Religion Improvement

Hello. I love the game but I find the religious aspect to be a little underplayed. If w elive in a society with many gods why is there not a pantheon to worship instead of just being a follower of one? Maybe even sub-deities would be a good idea, or a kind of hero worship. I feel that priests should be the only ones who really have to choose a particular god to follow.

I think that praying to the gods should give different bonuses instead. My favourite religion model in a game was the one in an old sandbox mmo called Roma Victor. Given that it was lacking in many subjects of the game, religion is something i liked the most. You could pray to the gods, and the word was that it might do something, but the reality of it was almost purely based on the players and how they viewed it. It created a whole religious culture in the games that included sacrifices and justifications for other actions.

I was reminded when I first saw in my event box that "I feel the presence of ____" of sacred groves. I wish I could see more religious significance in these areas.

Unfortunately with the current build of religion in the game, I don't see a lot of ways to achieve this, which is partly why I would love to see what you all have to say!

EDIT: Also I'm not sure if there are religious centers besides the white/black light... but there should be one for each god, no?

Edited by Ulfrik
  • Like 1