Sign in to follow this  
yunie

Question

Just a wee bit question, How come it takes time to chop wood and create a item?

I have 5 hrs of free time to me self but it takes some time to build something in Wurm.

Why? What is the point of taking a lot longer to make something?

Don't get me wrong, I really like this game because to me its the only one that I can farm, harvest and bake cakes..I love baking!! Specially cakes.

that is sicred of wurm... takes time... team work is importend for biger villages, highways....  more skill and u will spend less time making items, walls, diging...   reward of higher skills is speed, high ql and less decay on items....  also other bonuses....  if u ask me ... skills are very inportend in wurm life if u wana survive and dont spend money on premium time :D

Made a large cart in 5 hours, a rowing boat in two days, made a 8 tiles house in three days... the slowness is actually what is rewarding.. what makes you feel that the thing you make is valuable. Just like a big castle made of tons of rocks in minecraft :) .

• Like 1

If you could make a town in 5 hours, there would be no space left on the map, there would be no sense of achievement. Without the time aspect it would be extremely unrealistic and boring to play after about 30 minutes.

Take your time, don't rush. You'll eventually get your stats up etc.

Once you get higher skills, and higher q/enchanted tools, things will go a lot faster.

How come it takes time to chop wood and create a item?

really?

His question is understandable if you have played other  MMOs.  In those games harvesting and crafting are relatively instant or very quick.  Actually Wurm isnt much different in that regards, it's just that the grind occurs at a different point which highlights the perceived timing difference.  It may take you an instant to craft a powerful weapon in a game like WoW, but it may have taken weeks to farm mobs to get the required rare component needed for that weapon.  In Wurm it still takes a long time to make a powerful weapon, but that grind occurs more linearly. 

The same with housing.  In some MMOs you can usually buy a house and place it instantly once you have enough gold or whatever currency they use.  But again it may have taken you weeks to farm for enough gold to do that... Versus in Wurm you can build right away, but then it just takes some time.  etc...

Edited by dreadlordnaf

His question is understandable if you have played other  MMOs.  In those games harvesting and crafting are relatively instant or very quick.  Actually Wurm isnt much different in that regards, it's just that the grind occurs at a different point which highlights the perceived timing difference.  It may take you an instant to craft a powerful weapon in a game like WoW, but it may have taken weeks to farm mobs to get the required rare component needed for that weapon.  In Wurm it still takes a long time to make a powerful weapon, but that grind occurs more linearly. 

The same with housing.  In some MMOs you can usually buy a house and place it instantly once you have enough gold or whatever currency they use.  But again it may have taken you weeks to farm for enough gold to do that... Versus in Wurm you can build right away, but then it just takes some time.  etc...

Then I would say you can make things in wurm faster

• Like 1

I think the time required is good atm, I felt so good last night after I got my large cart up after 2 hours of working.. It was _very_ rewarding. It's not like WoW Where everything is handed to you on a silver plate. And I love it.  :wub: