Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Farming Tweaks

just pay up and shut up isn't an answer they changed a primary part of the game I paid for so yea sorry if my whining offends you but some call it consumer feedback. Listen or your business dies doesn't matter what your selling if the people making things don't listen to the people buying things that business is either to small to fail or to big to fail and in this case its so small that loosing me is no big deal but I am fighting for the game not for me. Whining is complaining about something without action. Consumer advocacy is what I am doing Im no sheep and no one should be. This not ment to be insult against the devs but request for action    

Can anyone confirm that rake ql makes a difference in crop sizes?

I'm now only using a skill rake with the intention of switching to a speed rake once I can produce good enough crops. I'm hoping that then I'll get bigger crops.

I switched from a ~20QL rake to a 70Ql rake and I got increases in the yield shown on examine right away. I guess the low ql rake did not produce a high enough success rate to randomly bump the yield one up.

I switched from a ~20QL rake to a 70Ql rake and I got increases in the yield shown on examine right away. I guess the low ql rake did not produce a high enough success rate to randomly bump the yield one up.

Great,

I'll continue the skill push to 95 after which I can ditch worrying about skill gains and focus purely on harvest size.

I can't find anywhere else to put this data, but I tracked my harvest from a 280 tile farm I planted with pumpkins post 1.1 post tweak. 

Starting Farming skill: 72.2 (ish)

Seed QL:  68

Rake:  Supreme rake, ql 91.05  ( 87 WOA 81 COC )

I raked 2 to 4 times a day (literally as often as I could) and STILL apparently managed to have some tiles advance growth stages fast enough that I missed raking them once or twice.

Number of Pumpkins harvested:

8 Pumpkins:  4 tiles

9 Pumpkins: 30 tiles

10 Pumpkins: 218 tiles

11 Pumpkins: 28 tiles

Total pumpkins:  2790

Still getting 3-4 yield with QL 38-39 seeds, 39 farming and ql 6 rake raking 1-2 times.

Edited by Protunia

Still getting 3-4 yield with 39 farming and ql 6 rake raking 1-2 times.

With 70ql seeds rigth (you mentioned it several times)?

Can you now enligthen us how a 20 skill farmer can sow 70ql seeds? will be you kindly enough to share your provision of high ql seeds with all low level farmers?

And while i´m not 100% sure, i bet seeds works for f2p chars the same as any tool/weapon/armor, so is effectively capped at 20 regardless the teoretical ql.

I'm happy with the tweak. Prior to it I was only getting a yield of 3-4 with 52 farming, 50ql seed and an 80ql rare rake and that was with tending each day. Since the tweak I get a consistent yield of 6-7 now doing the same thing. I have also been on occasion tending with an 18ql rake for skill and notice I get yields of 6 more with the low QL rake which is to be expected. Bottom line - the yield went up and even if I didn't tend I'm confident I'd get yields of 4, which is what any player with 52 farming would have received prior to the 1.1 update.

With 70ql seeds rigth (you mentioned it several times)?

Can you now enligthen us how a 20 skill farmer can sow 70ql seeds? will be you kindly enough to share your provision of high ql seeds with all low level farmers?

And while i´m not 100% sure, i bet seeds works for f2p chars the same as any tool/weapon/armor, so is effectively capped at 20 regardless the teoretical ql.

No.... this is with resowing the harvested ones now QL 38-39 seeds.

I don't think the seeds matter quite as much really I am getting the same harvests.

Maybe they do on the more difficult crops.

As far as getting better seeds well new players can forage and botanize and get higher qlty seeds as well.

Edited by Protunia

I'm happy with the tweak. Prior to it I was only getting a yield of 3-4 with 52 farming, 50ql seed and an 80ql rare rake and that was with tending each day. Since the tweak I get a consistent yield of 6-7 now doing the same thing. I have also been on occasion tending with an 18ql rake for skill and notice I get yields of 6 more with the low QL rake which is to be expected. Bottom line - the yield went up and even if I didn't tend I'm confident I'd get yields of 4, which is what any player with 52 farming would have received prior to the 1.1 update.

I think the reason that you are seeing an increase, instead of staying about the same like other farmers at 50-60 have reported, is that you are using a rare rake.

From what Skren posted, his output with 72 farming and a supreme rake, looks a lot like my output with 97 farming and a normal rake.

Still getting 3-4 yield with QL 38-39 seeds, 39 farming and ql 6 rake raking 1-2 times.

Same ql seeds, farming skill the same as you, ql50 rake and raking 2-3 times. Corn and onion yields 3-4 and Rye/cotton yields 4-5 rarely +1 on those numbers.

Regarding Pumpkins,  Mabey  im just way out to lunch on this, Not having played pre patch (yay freedom Greifing)  But isn't harvesting (The "Main" way to generate crops) done with ones hands? Wouldn't this mean any rare bonus from the rake is, Well, not applied to the harvest at all? Reading posts one thing lacking is info on the QL of crop when raked with a Rare or better, Does it increase it +1? Or is using a rare rake just .1sec faster and acting as a placebo when the RNG spits one more pumpkin at you?

Supposedly, each time you rake there is a chance the tending will boost yield. That chance is more likely as rake quality goes up and its more rare.

I'd love to see what the action timer is for a 99ql fantastic rake with 99 woa. If its 1 second and it at least bumps yield by one then that would the point where it would actually be advantageous, compared to just sow+harvest and planting a bigger field, to rake your fields.

In all examples I've seen so far you can get better yield per time spent by planting a bigger field compared to putting more effort into tending tiles.

You folks might notice that there are now about 4 different messages you can get when the raking action finishes, this will tell you whether the raking action has been very successful, quite, a bit, or not. Obviously the higher the QL of the rake, the more likely you are to succeed.

You folks might notice that there are now about 4 different messages you can get when the raking action finishes, this will tell you whether the raking action has been very successful, quite, a bit, or not. Obviously the higher the QL of the rake, the more likely you are to succeed.

oh nice but which is which

[06:41:16] The field is now tended.

[06:41:25] The field looks better after your tending.

[06:41:50] The field is now nicely groomed.

[06:41:59] The field is now groomed.

Edited by Deth666

I think the reason that you are seeing an increase, instead of staying about the same like other farmers at 50-60 have reported, is that you are using a rare rake.

From what Skren posted, his output with 72 farming and a supreme rake, looks a lot like my output with 97 farming and a normal rake.

Ahh maybe so.

oh nice but which is which

[06:41:16] The field is now tended.

[06:41:25] The field looks better after your tending.

[06:41:50] The field is now nicely groomed.

[06:41:59] The field is now groomed.

I think the order is almost right, but:

The field is now tended.

The field looks better after your tending.

The field is now groomed.

The field is now nicely groomed.

I agree it is far far easier to just plant more crops than to constantly tend more fields the positive is since we have so many people leaving I don't need to harvest as many pumpkins so in a way its not a nerf of any kind

see I can say positive things :huh:

I think the order is almost right, but:

The field is now tended.

tested with a F2p at 20 farming 27ql rake and got mostly "The field is now tended." a few "The field is now groomed." a one or 2 "The field looks better after your tending."

so i would guess:

The field is now tended.

or:

The field is now tended.

Edited by Deth666

Thinking it is your first set:

The field is now tended.

Or maybe it's:

Tended

Better Tended

Groomed

Nicely Groomed

Think Tich or one of the other devs will need to clarify the expected order since the RNG makes it possible to get 100 best/worst while only getting 1 or 2 each of the middle value results.

Tended

Better Tended

Groomed

Nicely Groomed

• Like 2

so in the end the update beneffit most not the more tendings but the luck you have?

Tended

Better Tended

Groomed

Nicely Groomed

Do I get a cookie?!

As for luck, I think that was the point of using rare or better rakes, as it likely pushes you into the higher farming skill checks.  So it is still both RNG and skill value based, just better mods on the more "exclusive" tools.  Each action probably increases your "total" skill check value against the final yield/harvest check.

So in getting into the number theory, a high ql rare or better tool, with low skill would push each farm action into at least better tended/groomed as the minimum.  Meaning 2 or more per harvested tile, with rare raking action adding a fractional multiplier (which also has a higher chance to occur based on premium status and potentially increased by tool used).

Edited by Hussars

I never really paid much attention to the tending messages. My crop yield is the same or a bit higher than it was, I can't really complain. However, after harvesting the grandfathered crops (4 per, wowee) the crops I had replanted were tended with a ql 12 76 coc rake, but I did the final raking with a ql 69 rake then harvested, got 18 corn from a single tile.

Made me sprain an eyebrow, let me tell you.

This isn't a farming nerf or farming boon. It makes you have to decide whether you want a piddling minimal crop or a good crop, and put it the slightest effort to get it. If you want more crops, rake every growth cycle and *gain some skill* instead of griping about getting low yield with 20 farming. The game won't tell you this, but... duh.

I have a farming skill of 41.x and tend to the fields every RL-day. Now after the patch I changed to high ql tools for the last rake and harvest and getting 5 to 6 yield of the wheat fields (with horses on them).Im pretty happy with the new system andgaining more crops now. 

Sign in to follow this