Sign in to follow this  
Idony

Window Boxes

In true give-a-mouse-a-cookie fashion: 

Window boxes?????

window-flower-box.jpg

I know this has been asked for before, and there are still bugs and things being worked out from previous updates...

but maybe uh... If we ask one more time?

• Like 1

YES PLEASE!

No casa is complete without a window box or two and surely it's not much to ask?

Pretty please?

P.S. thanks so much for the flowerpots and beds!

+1

Something to match our new flower beds.

It would be nice if we had a variety if house customisations like this that could be applied to a wall section to give it a unique look.

E.g. Windows getting flower boxes as above, walls getting crossed swords, banners or paintings

Everyone knows bridges are probably coming soon... why not have these pretties in the meantime to console ourselves?

This is true. Walls are not that hard to create and make and to prove it after my night of wurm. I will open my 3dsmax and create this and post a video on this page showing this.

The only thing I can see that is slowing them down is the redoing of older stuff that has to be done. But I'm sure after they finally get all the old graphics finally redone we will start seeing more creation than we are seeing right now. So we can be patient.

Edit at 5:39am Est

Is this kind of what you was thinking? This was a very Quick run threw and modification of a Wooden window wall.

Sorry if it looks kinda crappy only spent 30 to 45 mins on a rough draft. Just trying to bring your idea to life for the DEV's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2060zanBTCw&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Arkonick
  • Like 2

I like that a lot, Arkonick!  Of course we'd need to add in some color/plants... but otherwise I think even stylistically your model would look nice in-game.

I was thinking... (especially since my beloved front door awning disappeared today) for things like windowboxes/shutters or... replacement separately-buildable awnings for doors that perhaps we don't even need to ability to "hang" things or create totally new wall types...

What is very easy to do with things like lamps through wooden wall-type is to simply push them up into the wall to show through the outside.... Only problem you run into is if you have a thick wall you cant push the object enough(stone walls do this)....

(Trust me, I tried pushing the flowerpots through my upstairs walls to have make-shift flowerboxes.. It didn't work well)

So what if... these were stand-alone objects that had the.. "center" of the object located above an invisible platform.. so that they could be easily put down and pushed wherever (even "through" walls).  I don't really have access to programs to illustrate and post a picture in a really clear/specific manner..

but lets say... that we have a wall  a wall is straight vertical

-like so    I   <---- wall

-now we base a flowerbox/shutter model to hang on a wall.. that would suspend in the air (but would appear attached to a wall when pushed into place)... with an invisible platrform that rests on the floor to "hold it up"/allow it to be pushed farther into walls if necessary, but also wouldn't show if it was not necessary to push as far --that way... the same model could be used through stone and wood walls equally well...

so basic shape for that would be as so...   L   <----windowbox/shutters are mounted in suitable place floating on the "wall" vertical line.... and then we have the base horizontally on the floor...

*So in your house you have your wall....

I<---wall

*then you make your wall ornamentation and push into the wall to show through the other side..

I L  .. keep pushing I L.... IL..... L .... presto! you have your ornament looking as if it naturally is part of your window without having to create new walls and such...

Now .. as I have said many a time before.. I don't actually know anything about coding and doing all these amazing computer model things.. so perhaps it would not be necessary to actually have that invisible horizontal bottom part.. but the gist of it is that the "center" of the object (the point at which wurm says, "Nope, sorry I wont let you push this through a wall) would be offset far enough back to go through both types of walls.

But if we give players window boxes it will lead to the collapse of civilization as we know it!

Edited by Klaa