Sign in to follow this  
Suntzu

More Cool Stuff To Do With Karma Points

Karma should be fleshed out more. Here are some example rewards to consider.

5,000 karma- Farwalker Affect

10,000 karma- 50% damage reduction for 30 minutes

10,000 karma- summon an avatar of your god who defend you.

10,000 karma- ghost ship, a ghost ship you can command for 24 hours.

5,000 karma- spirit steed, a spirit horse that is your pet to ride for 24 hours.

5,000 karma- a deadly spirit bow that fires spirit arrows

5,000 karma- recharges a sculpting wand

I'm sure more great ideas are out there, lets hear them!

• Like 1

yeah maybe they'll put in sorcery one day that uses karma to cast the spells 

5,000 karma- Farwalker Affect   -1 for epic

10,000 karma- 50% damage reduction for 30 minutes  A bit powerful, granted high karma cost for usability. +0

10,000 karma- summon an avatar of your god who defend you.  Avatars are incredibly overpowered for personal use like this, -1

10,000 karma- ghost ship, a ghost ship you can command for 24 hours.  I don't see much of a use for this. +0

5,000 karma- spirit steed, a spirit horse that is your pet to ride for 24 hours.  Pretty much a zombie horse, as long as it's not super fast/gearable +1/0

5,000 karma- a deadly spirit bow that fires spirit arrows  No other details?  Basically a nodrop bow that shoots infinite arrows? -1

5,000 karma- recharges a sculpting wand  Obviously freedom only, don't care +1/0

Uhhhmmm... I vote no.

All of these suggested powers are either completely overpowered or completely useless.

Thanks for your valued input and constructive criticism, it really helps!

I think your moving in the right direction however I think there are some inherent issues with the new sorcery system.

Staff requirement

Karma cost

What's above would get used maybe once a year if that?

I think the way to gain the spells was implemented well on epic and I hope it's implemented we'll on the other servers as well.

Personally what I'd like to see is the staff requirement removed or added as a bonus for using the staff and karma costs lowered.

I think Rolf was worried about introducing something too powerful which he has limited through cost and the staff requirement.

I'd like to see a system where the sorcery options appear through menu selection along with some new base karma abilities for all players.

Abilities would be used weekly instead of once a year, the balance needs to come from the abilities themselves not the requirements.

I've been curious if there's a cap on karma or if you just keep accumulating it.

There might be, bit I assume its high enough to be pretty much unreachable

The Karma cost really isnt that bad for the current abilities that have been revealed,

The main issue is really the staff. If every kingdom had sorcerors that ran around with their staffs and staffs were a bit more common I dont think it would be as much of an issue as you could possibly get your staff back.

Currently, you will probably have your staff go straight to someones bank if you lose it.

Edited by Kagrenac
  • Like 1

I don't like the idea of the spirit bow, except maybe if it had a limited supply of arrows or if it lasted only a few seconds. If the steed is added, it should be kill-able. I don't like the damage reduction idea.

• Like 1

the idea of more use for karma is fine for me but I don't like your suggestions 

More uses for Karma, available to moer people +1

OP suggestions of usage -1

I think that "Karma" should be used in slight things that affect players like luck, for example, you could use karma to simulate favorable winds when sailing, or you could use Karma to increase chancess of success on creating, improving, or continuing items,   sort like a boost to the random side of the game, more than creating spirit bows, horses, and other items that could really change the dynamic of the whole game.

Karma should be fleshed out more. Here are some example rewards to consider.

7,500 karma- Farwalker Affect If implemented correctly: Not useable in PvP

15,000 karma- 50% damage reduction for 30 minutes Same as above: Not useable in PvP

10,000 karma- summon an avatar of your god who defend you.  Too OP for PvP and not needed in PvE.

15,000 karma- ghost ship, a ghost ship you can command for 24 hours. Maybe if it's a sailboat or row boat. Not useable in enemy local.

5,000 karma- spirit steed, a spirit horse that is your pet to ride for 24 hours. Asking for a farwalker ability and a horse? I guess you're looking to get away quickly in a PvP environment.

5,000 karma- a deadly spirit bow that fires spirit arrows Carry a bow and you won't need this. "Deadly" spirit bow is a definite NO, if it were a lame 20-30ql bow I'd reconsider. Also a limit on arrows determined by a RNG(5-20).

2,500 or more karma/charge- recharges a sculpting wand I have a sculpting wand and would love to get it charged without pulling out silvers to do so.

I'm sure more great ideas are out there, lets hear them!

I've added, subtracted and given my objections and suggestions to this idea.

As long as none of these affect PvP in anyway I'd be fine with them.

I would hope that if such ideas were implemented that bugs would be fleshed out over a few months time before being implemented into the main servers.