Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Bl-Wl Alliance

As a decorated 5 star general during the last MR-BL alliance on wild I can attest to the unbalancing nature of an alliance here.

Anyone remember JK getting rolled when MR+BL rolled on huge tower bashes, how about the 15 jk slaughter or w/e that was caught on tape and recorded. ...

The good thing to come out of this is the BL pmks!!!!!!

Implement the code for BL pmk's and just let MR/JK make their own alliance with one if they really feel it's unbalanced. BL gets 1 priest WL get 3, It's easy math that things are closer to balanced now with the BL: alliance getting access to potentially 4. Soon enough WL will have access to 4 anyway with Nathan on his way to godhood. It's way too early to tell whether or not it will be OP since most WL spells don't even affect the allied BL, and there are no combat-ready WL priests in the alliance to compare how it would affect pvp overall.

They jumped through all the hoops to make this happen... it was allowed and if they want to dump 100s on that then why not? Everyone has WL priest alts anyway, reversing the alliance wouldn't make it more balanced.

BL has the lowest pop too, there's no reason why we can't have an alliance with a WL pmk that would attract more players to our side. I just don't get the reason for the change... WL must have been crying really hard, dramatically exaggerating the potential of the alliance. Just shows that Rolf blindly listens to the loudest players without really taking logic into account.

Uh... many people didn't like the alliance, but I don't recall a single person saying 'omg lets complain to Rolf about this'. I think what happened instead is that almost everybody realized that if you let BL and WL ally, then you just removed the entire point of having a BL and a WL. You might as well just allow all kingdoms to become any religion.

But that would be silly of course, because having 3 kingdoms that function almost exactly the same is not really interesting. Not sure how I feel about the BL PMK, but I don't really think the "lore" should decide if we should get a BL PMK or not. If people think it would be a fair and fun thing to have, then I think it's a good idea.

There's no way without bias I can say that a BL + WL alliance that allows all 4 Gods to work together smoothly is fair, and it easily would streamroll most opposition.  

So with that logic any time WL is victorious in battle it'd be because of their access to more priests? Dude your arguments are weak, and unproven. It's way to early for you to make that assumption. I don't see it as being OP because the allied WL priest's spells can't even affect the BL players. So it's not like we're casting hell strength and cure severe on each other, doesn't work like that. We're just green to each other, besides that the MR pmk and HotS are still very much separated.

You act as if BL is constantly crushed and never had a victory ever.  It is like listening to a bunch of people play the victim card and act as if they haven't won HotAs or skirmishes ever.  

You also both contradict yourselves.

Dude your arguments are weak, and unproven. It's way to early for you to make that assumption.

Anyone remember JK getting rolled when MR+BL rolled on huge tower bashes, how about the 15 jk slaughter or w/e that was caught on tape and recorded. ...

Edited by Postes

Uh... many people didn't like the alliance, but I don't recall a single person saying 'omg lets complain to Rolf about this'. I think what happened instead is that almost everybody realized that if you let BL and WL ally, then you just removed the entire point of having a BL and a WL. You might as well just allow all kingdoms to become any religion.

But that would be silly of course, because having 3 kingdoms that function almost exactly the same is not really interesting. Not sure how I feel about the BL PMK, but I don't really think the "lore" should decide if we should get a BL PMK or not. If people think it would be a fair and fun thing to have, then I think it's a good idea.

not heard any MR complain at least...

*looks at JK*

Edited by Bart

I love how you guys play the Lore card when it's advantageous for you. How about the JK destroying Altar of Three, was that intended in the lore? Spy alts galore, does that really fit into the lore? WL having Lib priest alts and HotS having WL priest alts shackled to altars in caves, is that really part of the Good vs Evil lore? JK making BL accounts just to grief our home server instead of coming on their main, WL accounts, is that lore? So many people converting from WL to BL and BL to WL, is that appropriate of a good vs evil power struggle? The lore is way loose and never really mattered until now apparently.

Linking the concepts of "player made kingdom" and "alliance" kind of override the lore in my opinion. This is the entire point of those features.

Edited by Versai

not heard any MR complain at least...

*looks at JK*

Nope, spoke with Savage, we both agreed we feel good to take it on ourselves as players and kingdoms.  I didn't speak to Rolf or anyone other than asking Manny if it was an intended feature because it previously was never allowed up till now.  He replied he didn't know, and would inquire to Rolf.

Manny is now available.

[6:29pm]postes:Do you know off hand is BL is meant to be allowed to ally with WL PMKs?

[6:29pm]postes:Because it wasn't able to do that months ago..

[6:30pm]Manny:shouldn't be posibble afaik, unless rolf changed his mind and didn't mention it..

I don't agree with it, and while this situation I don't think was threatening, the possibilities of it easily are with enough people and momentum.  In the end I just believe religion and combining the polar opposite Gods and religions together only make little differences and uniqueness between kingdoms.  That's why I like that some spells are BL, some are Fo, some are Vyn, and not everything is the same.  

Edited by Postes

I love how you guys play the Lore card when it's advantageous for you. How about the JK destroying Altar of Three, was that intended in the lore? Spy alts galore, does that really fit into the lore? WL having Lib priest alts and HotS having WL priest alts shackled to altars in caves, is that really part of the Good vs Evil lore? JK making BL accounts just to grief our home server instead of coming on their main, WL accounts, is that lore? So many people converting from WL to BL and BL to WL, is that appropriate of a good vs evil power struggle? The lore is way loose and never really mattered until now apparently.

What? Are you confusing me with someone else? I've always found that the lore should be left aside if we're discussing what is more fun. I'm not sure why you are quoting me, saying "I love how you guys play the Lore card when it's advantageous for you"

You also both contradict yourselves.

The MR/BL alliance on wild is totally unrelated in my opinon, and not a fair comparison. That was an alliance between two actual kingdoms, not a player made kingdom. The only strength in that alliance was combining the numbers just to compete with the JK zerg. And the only thing that came of it was one night of tower bashing. It then dissolved like a week later. We don't have that same advantage in this situation because everyone who made the PMK was from HotS already. There's no jump in our numbers and unknown yet how unbalanced it'll really be, if at all.

Edited by Versai

What? Are you confusing me with someone else? I've always found that the lore should be left aside if we're discussing what is more fun. I'm not sure why you are quoting me, saying "I love how you guys play the Lore card when it's advantageous for you"

Oh, i meant postes mainly and any of the other Lore whiners in this thread. I misread you for one of them.

Edited by Versai

Nice dodge

You are attacking me on something I never said or did, and then you're saying "Nice dodge"? I honestly can't tell if you're are for real

You are attacking me on something I never said or did, and then you're saying "Nice dodge"? I honestly can't tell if you're are for real

Sorry, mistook you for one of the lore whiners. Edited.

I agree 100% lore isn't right or accurate.  It's merely a basis and foundation, and much of that is player-created, but it doesn't change the fact that I enjoy the roleplay and lore of the game.  I enjoy the idea of BL vs WL, and yes there's plenty of accurate and agreeably unsettling in game mechanics that don't follow the lore.  In the end though I still believe the foundation of the game is not so much kingdoms, or villages, but it's about BL vs WL.  It's basic core structure is simple - there is a good side, there is a bad side.  Removing such a storyline and premise of the game to me is boring, it's like saying you can be good and evil and work together, who cares!  I guess I care, I like being WL, and having WL abilities.  

It's just my opinion that you shouldn't be having both, you're either one or the other.  

You like being WL? Why are you on Dreanor every day killing noobs at DL?...

WL+BL alliance is out BL pmks are in!! WINNING.

It's just my opinion that you shouldn't be having both, you're either one or the other.  

And that's still intact... you're either MR/JK("good") or HotS/Atlantean("evil"). The good vs evil is still there, we now just have ill-intent WL accounts working for us. It fits into the lore fine. During the time period that Wurm is based off, there were many wars between people of the same faith. It's not like any god was ever specific to one group of people. I don't see the big deal in hots allying a PLAYER MADE KINGDOM. If it was a MR-HOTS or JK-HOTS alliance then I'd get it.

Edited by Versai

I agree 100% lore isn't right or accurate.  It's merely a basis and foundation, and much of that is player-created, but it doesn't change the fact that I enjoy the roleplay and lore of the game.  I enjoy the idea of BL vs WL, and yes there's plenty of accurate and agreeably unsettling in game mechanics that don't follow the lore.  In the end though I still believe the foundation of the game is not so much kingdoms, or villages, but it's about BL vs WL.  It's basic core structure is simple - there is a good side, there is a bad side.  Removing such a storyline and premise of the game to me is boring, it's like saying you can be good and evil and work together, who cares!  I guess I care, I like being WL, and having WL abilities.  

not in for the kingdom im in for the people i know.... i like wler priests too but i don't like who is in the wler side.....

not fair that if i want be on even ground i need be with people i hate

ill-intent WL

You saying they're ill intent doesn't change the kingdom.  You're just saying that, you don't dictate the good and evil, the game does by religion. The religious aspect of the game is mainly what divides and separates players, much more so than kingdoms.  You would have worshipers of both lights, which would be proving that they are merely oppositions working together which is, in my opinion, rather illogical.

I can agree to disagree, in the end you guys want an advantage, and I understand that, but you're asking for extremes.  I don't care so much about a BL PMK, because it'd just a mirror image of HotS (like all PMKs), but the idea of WL+BL together is upsetting.  

Edited by Postes

just make WL and BL attack each other automatically :) so if u would pass ur low BL priest with ur WL champion u would kill him automatically :)

TBH I think friendships and feuds divides and separates players and dictates the good and evil not in game mechanics.

Edited by Suntzu
  • Like 5

Well the kindom is Atlantean. It's allied with HotS. There's no Atlantean lore saying whether they're to be good or evil. Hence the player-made aspect. I think for 100s you deserve to dictate your alignment. It makes things a lot more interesting and epic overall. To nerf it just because of a few butthurt lore lovers is really stupid. Just make your own BL pmk alliance if you feel so cheated. Or go freedom where there isn't any power dynamic at all.

Edited by Versai
  • Like 1

so when does rolf get on irc usually so we can actually sort something out than screwing us over with 15+ PREM ACCOUNTS AND A DEED

He seems to be making every effort to not screw you bud.

Terrible for the lore, Libila wants to destroy the WL gods, even the theme says

"all of those who refuse to join, will perish by her hand"

Her being Libila.

• Like 1

Terrible for the lore, Libila wants to destroy the WL gods, even the theme says

"all of those who refuse to join, will perish by her hand"

Her being Libila.

Magranon being available to jk and fo and vyn being available to mr is also terrible lore,