Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

An Introduction To Mystical Powers And Sorcery

We’ve now finished putting together a little FAQ-style introductory guide to the new mystical powers and sorcery feature. It’s too long for tumblr, so we have posted it on the website. You can read it here.

We’ve tried to give enough information without removing too much of the mystery, so hopefully we’ve done that right. Good luck to all our future sorcerers, arch mages, planeswalkers and everything in between!

Also, don’t worry Freedom - we’ll figure out how best to introduce it to your gameplay in the future.

View the tumblr article
  • Like 1

Thanks for the overview. There are bugs though. Ghoulio's red cherry is currently impossible to use. We climbed every mountain we could and kept getting the message that he needed to be "closer to the heavens". The parameter must be off, because the requirement for the red tome was nothing like that, and worked fine in a simple 3x3 flat, sanded area.

Find yourself a higher mountain, it's possible.

Thanks for the overview. There are bugs though. Ghoulio's red cherry is currently impossible to use. We climbed every mountain we could and kept getting the message that he needed to be "closer to the heavens". The parameter must be off, because the requirement for the red tome was nothing like that, and worked fine in a simple 3x3 flat, sanded area.

its possible, we had same requirements, and did it 

Also, don’t worry Freedom - we’ll figure out how best to introduce it to your gameplay in the future.

Maybe with the Alchemy/Natural substances skill.

As I said, I would love to mix stuffs in,a big cauldron laughing like a witch  :)

Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

if your not high enough try building a tower on top of the highest mountain as tall as you can and try there

Find yourself a higher mountain, it's possible.

I'm worried Rolf or devs used only the highest mountain to set the requirement. But imo it should just be at the top of A mountain. The magic mountain probably has a deed on it or is inaccessible to some kingdoms. Kind of contradicts the whole 'anyone can become a wizard, even the lowliest contributor'. I'm sure it's possible, just seems unintentionally difficult. Especially compared to the other ability item that just needed a modest 3x3 sand area that could be created by anyone anywhere.

I'm worried Rolf or devs used only the highest mountain to set the requirement. But imo it should just be at the top of A mountain. The magic mountain probably has a deed on it or is inaccessible to some kingdoms. Kind of contradicts the whole 'anyone can become a wizard, even the lowliest contributor'. I'm sure it's possible, just seems unintentionally difficult. Especially compared to the other ability item that just needed a modest 3x3 sand area that could be created by anyone anywhere.

again, we did it on elevation, its possible.  

Well they kind of cut out a lot of people out when they required a star gem for the staff. 

Edited by squirrels

from the FAQ:

virtually anyone on the epic cluster has the chance to become one if they make a real effort.

• Like 2

Yeah. Even if using certain items at the highest peak is impossible for some, they can still learn spells through other means if they win a different valrei item, which is easier to learn from, or arrange a trade with someone who needs that spell. I dont think one should expect to be able to learn every spell anyways... learning just one is supposed to be fairly difficult. To learn them all would probably require the effort of a full time job, or the luck of the irish...

I like it. If a kingdom can't reach an area because its controlled by another it will create cause for warrrrr!

again, we did it on elevation, its possible.  

Grats, you did it!

difficult?

come on, how lazy are you.  a 3x3 sanded area on a mountain, you really that lazy to travel to a nearby high mountain and climb?  jesus.  are you really asking for something this simplistic to be changed 

Edited by Postes
  • Like 1

difficult?

come on, how lazy are you.  a 3x3 sanded area on a mountain, you really that lazy to travel to a nearby high mountain and climb?  jesus.  are you really asking for something this simplistic to be changed 

huh? the 3x3 sand thing is totally unrelated, don't need to be on a mountain for that one. Chill bro, read slower

And not like we're too lazy to try, we climbed 3 different high mountains without it working, hence the confusion whether it does at all

Edited by Versai

purgatory mountain, north of hota 

Edited by Postes
  • Like 1

Im busy (lazy) can you just drive me up there. Im not allowed to leave my make believe 1x1 shack. Plus I have to wash my hair.

Edited by Joanavon

Luck of the Irish is over-rated. Trust me I know... from my mother's side.

So, Purgatory Mountain. Named for a certain pass on Chaos?

I think this is a really great addition to the game, it adds more long term goals even if it's based on luck a lot. But in the end you can just buy the magic books and staffs anyway, just needs some time for the market to fill :)

But in the end you can just buy the magic books and staffs anyway,

Sadly true and plausible.  The issue I see, and this doesn't apply just to Home server, but I think it's more likely to happen there is when you give the tomes and token items to Home server not all of them are PvPers, and these are PvP abilities.  Many in Home server also don't care for the PvP sometimes, and some may just end up wanting to turn a profit and sell the book.  

Agreed. Should be elevation only perks not home servers.

Seems we need to wait another 6 years until freedom gets a finnaly a cool update with sorcerry..

Sign in to follow this