Sign in to follow this  
Atina

Alt Priest

Hello Wurmians,

I'm currently debating with myself if I'd be worth to make myself an alt priest... (I'm so bad at making such kind of desicions... :( )

Here's a little more about my situation (if that might help). I've set up my deed and do have premium on my main. my main will do some blacksmithing and everything else that come with living as a hermit. If I'd chose to make myself an alt priest I'd most likely chose Vyn, just so I can enchant my tools to sell those.

However, I would have to possibility to get another preist to enchant the tools for me.

So what I am wondering is if it's worth making an alt priest just so that I could enchant my tools or not? Maybe I'm missing another advantage of having an alt and not doing everything with my main. I can run two clients, but just barely. I'd also like to limit the priest to those tasks that he needs to do and not split everything up between the two of them. I feel it's just more handy to have one character that does all the work insead of having to use multiple accounts to achive the same.

/rant

What are the pros and cons for your own alt priest? And is the extra cost worth it or not?

thanks in advance,

Imo it is only worth it if you want to put a lot of time and money into him.

In my opinion it is worth having a priest alt, a single vyn priest can do the most common spells CoC WoA AosP Nimble, locating creatures or lost corpses is a nice extra sometimes too.

Your priest will want to work on Soul Depth, and having two clients lets you have a bigger farm, better food as that acc will be dedicated to those tasks.

They are good for bulk goods creation, eg while your mining you priest can make bricks, while your building the house your priest can cut trees and make planks for the floors.

They can hold the settlement form & writs and more importantly keys should you venture out to hunt / stock you merchant etc just in case - stuff happens.

Obviously if you want the worlds best priest it's a massive task and will cost lots in time, gems or coin, but since your a hermit you can take your time, use the benefits and after a time sell some enchants as a bonus, it will take longer but it's great to use your own fully enchanted tools to do a task.

• Like 1

Eh 3 months & you can have an alright priest. It'll be enough for all your enchanting needs. Really up to you if you want to put that kind of time into upping some channeling/faith/sd.

doesn't sound that bad...

My main doesn't have any fighting skills so far, so would you sugest to use the priest for the fighting or not? Seems Vyn priests don't really get any bonus in field. Except for locate animals maybe...

If you are serious about running a priest along with another account like permanently, you should split up certain skills between the two. Nature skills like farming, forestry etc. well as cooking, brewing, locksmithing and other skills which are creation only. It's not hard to play two clients at once, but it takes some time to find the perfect setup for you. I also recommend that you drop the alt mentality and see your priest and crafter as two individual accounts, so it's possible for you to play either of them alone and seperated without feeling "naked" or useless

do it if you play a lot. if you only play 2 or 3 hours a day just buy enchanted stuff from someone else.

• Like 1