Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

Ancient Trees

Currently trees cycle, with constant care a tree enters a new stage of growth.

Ancient trees are hard work to produce.  They must be kept at very old for a certain amount of time (I would say 5x the amount of time from very old to overaged) without reaching overaged.  It then naturally transforms into an ancient tree.

The benefits are : A much larger amount of wood (perhaps even double in some trees?) and it produces saplings roughtly 2x as fast.

The slightly harsh bit : It has a timer till overaging occurs, a lot longer than normal (again I would say about 5x), if it overages then the ancient status is lost.  It can be trimmed back to ancient easily.  This is just to prevent immortal trees really.

Yeah id like some ancient trees instead of old and shiverled which are good for nothing :P could be the level after overaged and then turn to old & shiverled.

Maybe take this ancient tree suggestion few steps ahead so it could give us some powers for a while or other goodies ;)

would be cool.

I'd like enchanted trees, or some kind of mechanism to make the tree stay at a certain age such as very old, or 'ancient' which would probably look awesome for some of the trees.

Hmm  I can see using enchant on trees letting them grow to a massive size; though, one still would not be able to cut down or harvest.