Sign in to follow this  
Tritus

Farming 1.1 (Request For Data)

I have decided to 'try' to get the same sort of data page as I previously wrote on the wiki and would greatly appreciate any accurate data people can give.

Please see here http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Farming_1.1

I would prefer people to post data contributions on the wiki but, realising that not everyone may have a logon there, I would appreciate it if a mod would sticky this thread if people start posting info here rather than on the wiki.

Thank you in advance to those of you that are willing to help me create a new guide.

For those that decide to post info her, please try to post the data as follow so I can basically just cut and paste it ...

Tended should indicate roughly how many times you tended the field prior to harvesting

Skillgain should indicate whether or not you had sleep bonus at the time

eg ..

! Crop    !!  Farming Skill  !!  Rake QL  !!  Rake CoC  !!  Seed QL  !!  Tended  !!  Yield  !!  Num Fields  !!  Skillgain 
|-
| Garlic || 76 || 1 || 64 || 76 || 1 || 5 || 7 || sb0.0009598

Edited by Tritus

Might be worth mentioning that any information from fields that were planted before 1.1 is irrelevant and should not be posted. A bug occured in the transition from 1.0 to 1.1 that messed up old farm fields.

Not as detailed as you requested but I had yield jump from the default 4 to 16+ with 1-2 tends (probably 2) before the growth stage I harvested at. It appears that tending when you harvest doesn't increase yield (can be seen by examining the field before and after). I never got any yields between 4 and 15+, it was all or nothing. My record was 22 i think

Crop type might affect yield, I had onions and wheat and one was consistently better than the other (forgot which, but I think onions were better).

Speculation: crop difficulty compared to skill level might matter.

Seeds were planted before patch - the wheat was planted with 60ql+ seeds, onions probably lower ql). I used a skill rake around 10ql with CoC. I have 66 farming. I didn't notice any change in skill gains compared to before patch.

! Crop    !!  Farming Skill  !!  Rake QL  !!  Rake CoC  !!  Seed QL  !!  Tended  !!  Yield  !!  Num Fields  !!  Skillgain

||Pumpkin || 61 || 83 || 0 || 60.90 || 6-8 * || 6 || 2 || Didn't check ||

||Pumpkin || 61 || 83 || 0 || 60.90 || 1**    || 4 || 1 || Didn't Check ||

||Pumpkin || 61 || 83 || 0 || 60.90 || 0      || 4 || 1 || Didn't Check ||

* Not really sure, farmed as often as possible, in every growth stage, at an average of 1-3 farms daily, for 3 days

** Once before harvest (as per old system would add bonus extra skill which could lead to extra yield)

All crops were posted the day of the 1.1 patch (after patch).

Edited by ReaverKane
  • Like 1

About half done..here are preliminary results

Farming Skill 44.xx

Rake Ql = 37.46 avg from start to finish

Seed Ql

Barley -42.39

Oat - 39.91

Potato - 38.64

Onion - 42.03

Raked a minimum of 5 times per tile to a maximum of 8 times

Cereals were harvested with a 46.78 QL Sythe

No rare actions

Harvest results

kWUbxWr.png

Sorry all my stuff is in Excel -  did not monitor skill gain and did not use Sleep bonus.

Edited by sunsvortex