Sign in to follow this  

I woke up this morning and my arthritis is killing me so I thought this up to save me a bit. If you ever played any of the Elderscrolls games I believe you will be somewhat familiar with this proposal. 

Many objects we interact with have one particular action that a player will choose. This is a proposal to have one key (space bar) that will perform that dominant action, while also leaving the current UI intact.

Examples:

Chest/BSB/FSB: Open/Close

Items on ground: Take

Aggressive Mobs: Target

Practice Doll/Archery Target: Practice

Tamed Horses: Ride

Felled tree: Chop up

Cave Wall: Mine

The action could be different depending on what you have activated for example:

Actions for a tree:

Sickle activated: pick sprout

Axe activated: Cut down

Actions for farming:

Seeds activated: Sow

Rake activated: Tend

Scythe activated: Harvest

The possibilities are endless, and can be implemented slowly. I would also suggest that no dominant actions be added for creating objects to deter cheating.

• Like 1

I understand where you are coming from and for some what of it agree it would be nice, but wether Rolf wants to code this in is another matter.

Examples:

Chest/BSB/FSB: Open/Close

Items on ground: Take (bing <key> take)

Aggressive Mobs: Target (bing <key> target)

Practice Doll/Archery Target: Practice (bing <key> target)

Tamed Horses: Ride

Felled tree: Chop up (bing <key> chop_up)

Cave Wall: Mine (bing <key> mine_forward)

The action could be different depending on what you have activated for example:

Actions for a tree:

Sickle activated: pick sprout (bing <key> pick_sprout)

Axe activated: Cut down (bing <key> cut_down)

Actions for farming:

Seeds activated: Sow  (bing <key> sow)

Rake activated: Tend (bing <key> farm)

Scythe activated: Harvest (bing <key> harvest)

Fixed quote for you. As you can see wurm offers actions binded to a key nearly to all the points you mentioned above and many more. even if you use same key to re-bind different action you dont lose anything. you dont pick sprouts at the same time as you mine or farm. and i like the way it is. so huge -1.

Edited by Dboy

I'm quite intrigued by a multi action keybind really and can see the advantages of it, shouldn't be hard to get it done in the client so we'll see.

I'm quite intrigued by a multi action keybind really and can see the advantages of it, shouldn't be hard to get it done in the client so we'll see.

So if this is done does that change what people can keybind on their own keyboards as well??

like farm harvest all on one key?

If you have a macro-enabled keyboard you are currently allowed to create a 'Farm then Harvest' macro as long as it doesn't loop or have pauses.

The idea of having one keybind for general actions is to save a few seconds by not having to right click and select an option. For example right now spacebar is bound to 'take' which saves me loads of time picking things up since I don't have to right click -> take. Being able to take things and then open my cart all with one keybind, now that is a sweet sweet dream.

Edit: While you could make a "spam every command" macro for this some things do conflict. I don't want it spamming harvest when I meant it for farming. or having it open a BSB and then closing it.This would be a bit more of a 'smart key' that looks at what you have activated, and what actions are available before deciding which to select.

Edited by Fabled