Sign in to follow this  
Jasmyn

Unable To Update!

Hey guys,

First, english is not my first language, so excuse me if there are any grammatical errors.

Gotta tell you that I'm running out of patience trying to update Wurm, problem is, when I first install the game and download the packs, it downloads super fast, but when it stars to update the packs, download speed drops drasticaly and it often hangs when updating!

Yesterday, I installed the test client, it was a pain in the &%*!
Client hangs constantly when updating and when you quit the client to try again, you have to update all the files that were already updated all over again!

I'm desperately trying to update to 1.1, but I just can't take it anymore, why don't you devs provide us a way to download UPDATED packs outside of the client, like torrent or direct http?

So, today after 1.1 was released, gave up trying to update and installed Wurm from scratch, again, it downloads the packs super fast, but this time, for my surprise, graphics.jar pack provided is not the newest one released, so I am forced to update. Non-sense!

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.

Obs.: I'm using unstable client, 64 bit java 7 u25 and I'm not using any anti-viruses

After several tries to update the game, I was finally able to successfully update in over an hour and 35 minutes.

Edited by Jasmyn
  • Like 1