Sign in to follow this  
bluemoonn

Lower Fps?

Is there anybody else suffering a low FPS since the wurm 1.1?

I used to have 45-50 fps always, right now It's like 20-30 FPS, using an NVidea

It seems a lot of people with FPS issues could get their old numbers back by turning shadows off

I never had them on in the first place. Slows down too much

it seems there was a sneaky update about lightning, shadows and texture maps i think, since as far as I#ve noticed forests seem to be alot darker now and often walls dont get any light from lamps, also horses or pumpkin fields have a plastic like shimmer to them

I easily had 30-40 on two clients, now get about 20-30 on two clients. The number seems lower but performance only slightly seems lower.

Yes, definitly worse since the patch. Animations are more fluid I think, but FPS is lower. It's really noticable when running two clients. I have some shadows turned on and 2xAA, Always had, always worked before.  Since 1.0 I can't use high rez textures anymore, which is bad, but I guess a tradeoff I can live with to get nicer models and animations. Now with 1.1 I don't know what I have to skip to be able to run 2 clients smoothly again.

Shadows.. maybe, but running completly without them makes the world look very dead and uninteresting.

Turning off AA I will never do, rather play something else then...

So, hopefully in a few weeks there will be more performance tweaks that makes it as good as it was earlier again.

I lowered the water reflection one step down and re-gained 30+ extra fps, might help for others with issues :)

I noticed the fps drop happens when looking at trees. Usually I'd get like a few fps drops when looking at trees, seems like the few fps changed to 20 + fps..

I have exactly the same problem, when im lookin to trees now my FPS drops horribly. When there arent any trees around its ok.

I have exactly the same problem, when im lookin to trees now my FPS drops horribly. When there arent any trees around its ok.

I believe there is a bug in the client currently regarding tree rendering and performance. It should be fixed soon.

Oh, nice catch. I'll test it out as well. Lowering water reflection detail is worth trying too I guess, thanks. 

So I basically cant play until they fix the tree bug?

Well, I just hope they fix it before 2016, if that's enough time.

So I basically cant play until they fix the tree bug?

Well, I just hope they fix it before 2016, if that's enough time.

same here. Wurm is unplayable for me now coz of the fps drop. Pls give me my life back :'(

There is something wrong with the GLSL.

If I set it on Core I get 10fps and no lighting effect on objects that are around fire.

If I set GLSL to disable I get normal 30fps and I can see the flickering lights from fires on objects. But I cannot see reflections on water.

This is clearly a bug from Wurm 1.1 that has not yet been fixed.

I run win7 64-bit with latest java.

I have ati radeon 6950 and fx-8120 amd processor.

I always had the GLSL set to core, that worked awesome. Now i run on 3-5 fps with core on and when i disable it its a bit better, but still terrible.

This is still not fixed. Is there any way to make the water reflections unrelated to the rest of GLSL so I can have just reflections and not the other fps reducing features?

disable GLSL for now and Turn Reflections off as well. that should bring up the frame rate a fair bit at least.

I was playing around with GLSL on the test client and its so much nicer with the fixes. My FPS is around double what it was.

I think they screwed something up. Im having the FPS drop again..

So, is there nothing that can be done about it? Game is unplayable right now. No idea what happend, yesterday I had normal 50 fps, now I'm at 10.

Edited by bluemoonn

So, is there nothing that can be done about it? Game is unplayable right now. No idea what happend, yesterday I had normal 50 fps, now I'm at 10.

Welcome to my world. I was talking to my friend about how "I always get 60FPS because this is Wurm Online," and now I'm down to 10-20 FPS, with huge spikes, even though I turned most of my settings from high to low/off. I'm sorry guys, I did this; I tempted fate.

Same here, even on lower settings I can see rates drop to 20-30 for a short time. Walking in the mountains can be dangerous when the spike comes.

Seems like winter trees were breaking my FPS

Winter is gone and now it's going at 50 again.

Odd that people are having such issues, since the 1.1 update I've actually gotten all my lost FPS back... pre 1.0 I ran at 60fps on 3-4 clients (at the same time yes).  Post 1.0 I went down to 25-35.... and now post 1.1 I'm able to triple and quad client on near full settings again just fine. 

I do frame limit for my Inactive client windows (15fps) and run active windows at 60fps.  Nvidia Geforce 560TI not overclocked.

Edited by Nomadikhan

I did some testing. I have locked my fps at 30.

With GLSL enabled I cannot use shadows without suffering from poor fps (below 15fps). If I disable shadows my fps never drop below 30 even when looking at the water and its reflections.

With GLSL disabled and therefore no reflections, I can enable full settings at everything and stay at 30 fps.

For some reason GLSL cause fps problem with shadows which makes them mutually exclusive. Will you please make reflections unrelated to GLSL so I can play with both reflections and shadows.