Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Summer Release 1.1 Now Live!

• Some users are experiencing client crashes or graphical issues. We are working hard to fix them, and would appreciate as many bug reports as possible.
  • All worn gear has been removed and you will have to re-equip it from your inventory
  • You open the paper doll by double-clicking the health bar. New players have a keybind on c. Old players can create a keybind in the console (F1) and type bind c TOGGLE_CHARACTER
  • To find the Quick bar or Skill Tracker, open the Main Menu and click the appropriate button.
  • There are options in the game settings if you want the old body inventory items and the old style quickbar.
  • In order to enable graphics card performance boost, you need to enable VBO Core and GLSL Core in the client settings Compatibility tab.
  • Horse equipment will be in their unaccessible inventory. We are working on a solution to retrieve it.
  • The feature list:
  • Client Performance Upgrades
  • An All-New Mystic Powers and Karma System
  • More New Creature Models
  • Re-Work of the Epic Endgames
  • Kingdom Tabards (worn on the body)
  • Cross-Server Chat
  • New Fence Types
  • Flower Beds and Flower Pots
  • Gravestones
  • New “Analyse†on Rock Ores
  • Foraging and Botanizing Overhaul
  • Modify Existing Structures
  • New In-Game Music
  • GUI: Addition of a Drag and Drop Paperdoll
  • GUI: New icons for climbing, faithful etc
  • Inventory Grouping
  • In-game Skill Tracker
  • Diagonal Roads
  • Falling Tree Animations
  • Support for new Trees and Bushes
  • Personal Goals
  • Horse Bardings

View the tumblr article

1nwsf.png

Thanks for the new visuals when drinking oleander tea. (I assume this is a bug...lol.)

• Like 6

1nwsf.png

Thanks for the new visuals when drinking oleander tea. (I assume this is a bug...lol.)

That is the creepiest wall texture I have ever seen.

The boat has a horse texture...and there were meat-covered piles of items lol.

• Like 1

So, when will we receive these performance increases?

• Like 1

1nwsf.png

Not a bug, just oleander tea effect :D

• Like 1

thank you devs for your hard work! i certainly love getting new content.

its always expected to have a few bugs

• Like 1

I can't contain the praise about the amination quality and the new shaders that wurm is currently using. Outside of a village in the wilderness, silky smooth animations makes SOOO MUCH DIFFERENCE!!!!!@! THEY ARE FANTASTIC!!! If whatever the problem is about the lag that you have in villages is fixed, oh man. The team of developers realy out done themselves, finally wurm how it should of been all along!!! 

Just fix the lag in villages and it be FANTASTIC!!!

AND i just discovered trees falling down have an animation!!! OUT DONE YOURSELF TEAM!!!!!

Edited by demondan
  • Like 2

Whenever I try to pull my small cart, the game crashes with the following error:

Execution aborted at connection 1, iteration 34
Run time 3s, local time Wed Jun 19 20:57:51 CEST 2013
Destroying game window
====== CLIENT CRASH ======
Unexpected crash while playing
java.lang.NullPointerException
 at class.cq.a(SourceFile:409)
 at class.cp.h(SourceFile:268)
 at class.cp.c(SourceFile:404)
 at class.bV.a(SourceFile:470)
 at class.bG.b(SourceFile:2418)
 at class.bG.a(SourceFile:2284)
 at class.bG.d(SourceFile:1561)
 at com.wurmonline.client.h.e(SourceFile:326)
 at com.wurmonline.client.h.run(SourceFile:1439)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Edit: After 20 times of trying, I was finally able to walk with my cart without crashing. Don't know why it worked this time...
Editedit: And a few seconds after it crashed again -.-

Edited by Davatar

Despite the negative comments by some players about the game, there are many players, myself included, who love the game.

And although there will always be bugs of some sort. And as annoying as those bugs are, we appreciate all the hard work that the Dev team continue to do :)  

• Like 5

great work team... i just wana that bridges, and inner doors permisions in houses can be set soon or later :D

• Like 1

Great update! I especially enjoy that all animations flows naturally now without any choppyness! Awesome!

Awesome update!

Love the new botanizing/foraging system, bit wierd'd out that garlic is findable under resources rather than herbs. =p

Im liking everything so far besides the texture issues. my shield would use torso textures, my corbita used leaf textures, most every other model had wood textures.. never was able to start a rope fence either =/

ps botany n foraging changes rock

Edited by Kristoff

Awesome update! I think it will take days or weeks for me to absorb this all... to integrate those fences and trees! ^.^ My fav would still be the flowerpots!

Also if anyone looking for recipes and pictures (they are separated in two spoiler tags so you can choose which you want to be spoiled of): http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/82598-wurm-11-what-is-new-and-how-we-can-make-it/?p=824509

• Like 1

we shout get with that update atlast fance gates for houses, so we can seperate rooms and allow players with keys use of room only :D

Update is very good so far. Noone mentiond the skill tracker yet, so let me say it's a great idea.

But I have one request: I understand that item recipes and other game mechanics is for players to discover, but could you list the keybinds added/changed? It would be nice with every update, but this one brought(?) a ton of them.

Good job team!

Edited by Hula_Girl

I absolutely love the new music!

Can we have it more prominent, perhaps almost always playing?

You could have different types/themes of music depending where you are. On deed you could have nice peaceful/crafting/cheerful music. When there's an enemy in local, change the music dramatically.

While riding outside the village, depending on the environment, it could either be relaxing, yet adventurous music while in the forest. In the desert, you could have barren, yet exciting music.

The flowerbeds are a disappointment... a terrible disappointment. They look like children's cutouts.

they don't cover the whole edge of tile. I do like not having to destroy a stump for every tiny tree I cut down.

I do not like how dark the world has become, can't see  anything at night.

But so so disappointed, we have little or nothing with which to decorate and I was really looking forward to the new flowers.. what a let down.

I'm excited for whats next. Bridges? Inner door permissions? Glass?

• Like 1

I had the fleeting thought we might get receive bridges with this update. So sad.

New models and animations are very well done. Especially love the fiend and blowing fire. Inventory groups are nice as well. :)

Sign in to follow this