Sign in to follow this  
joedobo

Farming Yeild Nerf

Harvested my crops after 1.1 launch.

My no rake harvest on wemp is 6. With a 82 ql rake active and raking it once before harvest yield is 6. This may be broken because the crops where planted before launch. Since I don't normaly rake crops till just before harvest It shouldn't be that different.

I used to get 9 every time on wemp with one rake and with no rake I got at least 7 every time.

>>>>>>Why do we have to keep nerfing farming?<<<<<<<

The proper solution to farming is so the rake time scales up yield based on time spent. The scaling effect should be equal to the the sow and harvest timers. For example I can sow and harvest for at least 7 crops spending about 8s. So if I spent 8 sec raking with a high ql rake I should get another 7 crops.

• Like 2

ist bugged atm in sense of: you Need to wait a farming cycle to get the "new yield" the old farms have a kinda reset of their "yield" so they have as much yield as a farming tile can have after 1 day ;)

FYI the new farming implementation takes effect today.  IE sow today, then do the rest of your business before screaming the Sky is falling.

Edited by Drpox

Yield is now affected by more things, like how rare a tool is or if the action is a rare one. If I remember correctly it should be possible to get a greater yield.

Yield is now affected by more things, like how rare a tool is or if the action is a rare one. If I remember correctly it should be possible to get a greater yield.

I must admit, I'm not liking this change.  I'm at 48+ on my farming and I've NEVER seen a rare action yet.   I remember when I hit 20 on my farming and could harvest 3 crops per tile, then hitting 30 and harvesting 4 per tile was nice.  I was looking forwar to hitting 50 and harvesting 5 per tile but now I'm harvesting 3?!  I'm not a fanboi of this change!

I should be able to harvest the same as I did before 1.1 and the rare tools and never seen before rare actions and other factors should be bonus in my opinion. 

• Like 2

this is the end mass uiting i predict im not going to renew if is not fixed and am cerinly not going to buy more silver :angry:

I've been raking my wilted crops with a rare pickaxe since 1.1 came out hours ago and they give me NO yield whatsoever when I harvest them. I am upset.

Unless you were able to sow, tend, grown, and harvest all between the server maintenances in the last 2 hours complaints are unjustified at this time and you will be tasting your foot in a week.

Edited by Fabled
  • Like 1

I've been raking my wilted crops with a rare pickaxe since 1.1 came out hours ago and they give me NO yield whatsoever when I harvest them. I am upset.

Unless you were able to sow, tend, grown, and harvest all between the server maintenances in the last 2 hours complaints are unjustified at this time and you will be tasting your foot in a week.

The new farming has been on the test server for over a week.

ok so does the number of times i farm have an affect on the yield? or just that i farm before I harvest? I hope not, i have to spend way too much time with farming as it is. I would like to have time to do mining and smithing too...

and how does the ql of the rake or scythe play into this?

Edited by Bludragon

It is what it is.. Yet another NERF explained away in an elegant way to make the story more convincing. The truth doesn't lie. I have 66 farming and before this "update" I got 6 crops. Not now though, only 4. This is not the proper path to follow. Price increase--> Bugs never fixed--> 1.1 Update that was nowhere near ready= Lots of people who aren't blind will be selling real soon. Expect to see a lot of player accounts up for sale, more than likely mine will be one. Enough nerfs and micromanagement in this game. Make it run smooth, fix old bugs before you stamp in more bugs over the top of those not fixed. What a mess

On live, I have 99 farming/rake skill and, pre-1.1, would get 7 crops per tile if I don't rake, usually 9 if I rake once, always 9 and very rarely 10 if I raked like crazy.

We tested with my character at 95 rake skill and 95 farming, using a standard 95QL rake for some and a fantastic 91QL rake for others.  All of the tiles were wemp.

I got a yield of 9x from raking at every stage till ripe.  Normal rake.

On a tile that had been raked every time and then again on the "just about to turn rotten" stage, the yield was 10x.  Normal rake, as well.

With the tiles that got the same treatment, but with a fantastic-rarity rake, the yields were 11x and 12x.

Raking just once, but with 95QL seeds, yielded 7x or 8x per tile.

With no raking at all, every tile returned 6x.  Didn't see a real difference in yield between 1QL or 95QL seeds.

I posted the preceding text in the other farming thread, but I guess it wasn't noticed due to the thread's firestorm nature.  At the time of testing, I had a friendly GM advancing growth stages for me, allowing the results to be banged out in short order.

Overall, I find the changes to be pointless, and will only result in the big production-oriented farms getting bigger to compensate for the reduced yield per tile.  Nothing about the changes incentivizes raking enough that a farmer who does not wish to further advance his skill will find himself compelled to rake.  At most, I think the new changes are mildly inconvenient for folks at the high end and dudes who rake all the time for skill won't be impacted so much, and might get a greater yield.

In any case, there's not much cause to be outraged.  Perhaps annoyed, but not outraged.  The current crop of... crops... will behave a little abnormally compared to future sowings, because now seed quality influences the yield, but only on tiles that were planted under the new system.

• Like 2

every reason to be mad this is time robbery you call it what you will I call it like I see it a nerf and a time extender I hated farming before now its complete waste of time thank you rolf more money less service it is the end of days there gona be even less people playing now

I must admit, I'm not liking this change.  I'm at 48+ on my farming and I've NEVER seen a rare action yet.

That's because you could not get rare actions before 1.1 when farming

Seeing as rates are hard to get, why would it not provide additional yield to previous rather than lower the entire harvest? Unless I've misunderstood your post.

every reason to be mad this is time robbery you call it what you will I call it like I see it a nerf and a time extender I hated farming before now its complete waste of time thank you rolf more money less service it is the end of days there gona be even less people playing now

If you don't like an aspect of the game, you are free to ignore it. Do more of the areas that you enjoy and trade goods/labour/cash with others for the crops you don't want to grow.

All I see from you on the forums and in-game is an endless tirade of negativity towards the game; if you hate it so much, stop playing.

• Like 1

Yeah farming should take me less time so I can focus on other aspects of the game that I more enjoy like masonry; making bricks and mortar.

• Like 1

bahh to early.

Edited by fatboy

yeah if you don't like something just give up don't demand better just accept it  sarcasm off....

It doesn't feel like farming has been nerfed to be honest.

Last night was getting 7 per wemp crop and only one at 6, nothing higher. If Rolf reset the tend numbers as stated then a yield of 7 is what I'd expect if I did nothing.

What would have been nice would have been if he set the number of tends to one or two instead of zero to acknowledge that plenty of people do tend as its the major skill gain element.

Everything that could got tended last night and I'll do the same today so hopefully yields will be 7 - 8 , tomorrow 7 - 9. This really is hardly anything more than a blip. 120 field tiles is plenty for me, take less than 30 mins and keeps me stocked with wemp and wheat.

Farming just became more rewarding for those who tend their fields, and only a very little less rewarding for those who spend no effort in tending fields. Additionally using rare or higher ql rakes is even better.

Doesn't that like... make perfect sense?

I will review the yield sometime next week,

so I would appreciate people posting

• the crop,
  • seed ql,
  • how many times farmed,
  • what ql rake,
  • the rake rarity
  • and any rare actions
  • and the harvest from each field

then I can balance the yield if its way off where I think it should be.

• Like 3

rare action on farming ..... 

This is a very rare and interesting version of bending over and harvesting crops  :P

*tries to think how this might look like?!*

EDIT: wait a sec ... does that mean it's possible to get rare corn? or just more corn? 

Edited by Syleth

you'd get more corn from a farm action and if its implemented rare corn from a harvest.

At least that is how I'd do it.

I had a real life rare farming action the other day when I found a snake on my grape vines.  Perhaps more grape this year.

I was one of the ones who freaked in game when I harvested my fields and only turned up 1 of each.  I then took another look at what was being talked about in game and realised that new seeds = new yields.

I'll give it the few days it needs to have the new crops settle in and in the mean time put up with only 1 of each.  I might just starve in the mean time, but that's ok :-)

Looking forward to seeing the new developments.