Sign in to follow this  
ReaverKane

New Farming System

because it takes Months, years to raise SD past 50, 100 meals/stews a day wont cut it. Your telling Players to spend 10 years on a priest. Also for the one who wants *less priests*. that means less players and you put the market into the control of a select few. If you want the game to die, sure do your idea.  Dragon armor drama any1?  Farming needs reverted back.  it takes 4000 stews to reach least 70 HFC that's only 23-25 SD. That's over 1 month of doing 100 a day. Do not down mechanics you do not understand, If you haven't owned or used a priest before then your remarks about we don't need to make 1000 a day is invalid as you haven't done it nor understand it. I personally have. It takes over 250,000 meals or stews to reach 70 Soul Depth. Now lets factor your * 100 a day its too easy*  would take 2500 days of 100 stews or meals/ that's  206 months  which equals to roughly 17 Real Life years or so. So yea, your argument is invailid,  Nature stuff, fishing, those only go so far . No matter wat your still burning filling pans to reach 70 SD, Also ya need 70SD if ya plan to do high end casts you can actually make money from. So who the hell here wants to keep saying priest life is easy and 100 a day will work. as priests gotta grind channeling, prayer up. then do farming also, fishing, AH, nature related skills. It takes years before  1.1 to get a priests worked up to be good. Now itll take 17 years to work a priest up if we roll off some of your suggestions. So again I say Revert it.

• Like 2

because it takes Months, years to raise SD past 50, 100 meals/stews a day wont cut it. Your telling Players to spend 10 years on a priest. Also for the one who wants *less priests*. that means less players and you put the market into the control of a select few. If you want the game to die, sure do your idea.  Dragon armor drama any1?  Farming needs reverted back.  it takes 4000 stews to reach least 70 HFC that's only 23-25 SD. That's over 1 month of doing 100 a day. Do not down mechanics you do not understand, If you haven't owned or used a priest before then your remarks about we don't need to make 1000 a day is invalid as you haven't done it nor understand it. I personally have. It takes over 250,000 meals or stews to reach 70 Soul Depth. Now lets factor your * 100 a day its too easy*  would take 2500 days of 100 stews or meals/ that's  206 months  which equals to roughly 17 Real Life years or so. So yea, your argument is invailid,  Nature stuff, fishing, those only go so far . No matter wat your still burning filling pans to reach 70 SD, Also ya need 70SD if ya plan to do high end casts you can actually make money from. So who the hell here wants to keep saying priest life is easy and 100 a day will work. as priests gotta grind channeling, prayer up. then do farming also, fishing, AH, nature related skills. It takes years before  1.1 to get a priests worked up to be good. Now itll take 17 years to work a priest up if we roll off some of your suggestions. So again I say Revert it.

I call bs..you can have a decent priest in 3-4 months if you work at it.

Most all of this here on the thread sounds more like QQing about having to rake fields and work at farming.

People ARE getting far more than they used too.

Only ones I see complaining are the plant and harvest crowd and maybe rake once in awhile.

I hear  people in game getting awesome results who actually farm.

I think its time for more observation and questions rather than a bunch more QQing without any real testing and proof of data.

Miners walk up and have to mine 7 times and might get a couple max Qlty.

you want to walk up sow  come back  then harvest and get maximum amounts  (7+ ) at maximum qlty ...sorry I dont think so.

2 actions do not equal 7+ crops...nope

Edited by Protunia
  • Like 1

getting far more? I rake my fields all day everyday,  with a 48ql rake n a skill of 10 now. Guess wat. 60% of my field gave me 0 crops. ZERO. that makes me very angry as its not far to me   or any1 else. I did all the work n got nothing for it. and don't say get a better ql rake, Most cant due to no money.  With rolfs price hikes, Spending these days is costly to do! and if ya call BS on that, Go add it up, Go ask those few ingame with 70 SD how many pans they filled to get it and how many a day they did.

getting far more? I rake my fields all day everyday,  with a 48ql rake n a skill of 10 now. Guess wat. 60% of my field gave me 0 crops. ZERO. that makes me very angry as its not far to me   or any1 else. I did all the work n got nothing for it. and don't say get a better ql rake, Most cant due to no money.  With rolfs price hikes, Spending these days is costly to do! and if ya call BS on that, Go add it up, Go ask those few ingame with 70 SD how many pans they filled to get it and how many a day they did.

then you need to report a bug in the bug section and stop the belly aching.

you aint going to get 70 sd with out paying much money for it.

Like I said decent priest 3-4 months if you want it.

70 SD takes pan loaders and buying crops and meat etc....just the way it is.

you do not need 70 SD anyhow.

try looking at soul for a change....that's another topic though.

besides you do not need crops to level hfc or sd.

can be easily done sitting on the shore fishing.

This is more about how farming as been far too easy for too long compared to the other resource skills any how.

not about how easy it is for you to get hfc or sd.

people are getting huge harvests atm  maybe you need to start asking people what they are doing.

Edited by Protunia

donno wat world you live in , but most of exodus is having similar results as me,   Most same response, it was nerfed.

• Like 6

I don't know what i'm doing other than using an 80ql rake with 45ql seeds and 45 farming skill but I had some crops planted before the update.  I started farming the ones that were almost ripe and pretty much got 4 - 5 yield from most tiles and 3 from others so in my experience it's not that bad.

I have just planted some 45ql seeds again and started raking 1 time each day, don't have time for more than that, hopefully that goes just as well.  I do have some 90ql seeds I traded for doing work previously for someone which I plan on planting to see if I get more out of them.

I can see some people haven't been doing so well with this system but the fact that you have a chance at getting higher yield than your skill if you farm properly is nice.  Only reason i never bothered farming before is because I could only get 4 yield no matter how much I farmed and I simply didn't have time to keep up with it either. 

Then wouldnt that make it a preist issue..not a farming issue? and less preists do not make less players....99% of priests are alts (on Freedom). Rarely do you see anyone on Fredom with only a sole priest toon. They are almost always exclusively alts.I am sure someone does a sole priest player..but I have only seen one I think in over a year of playing...most all either quit playing the priest or make another main toon and keep the priest for thier alt. It would be good if the decrease in farming yield spurred further development on priests making them somewhat more viable to play as a main toon rather than an alt thats only good for bling spells..again..assuming Freedom servers. Epic is quite different. So again I say a decrease in farming yields...irregardless of indirect effects should go forward and remain in place. If there are real issues with priests..which given the above it certainly seems there are...then perhaps its just the impetus needed to get them revamped into something people would like to have as thier main toon. As they sit now...they are just a bling spell alt...not much more than that...at least on freedom.

Edited by sunsvortex

Because it's the highest SD gain for less sleep bonus. This is due to how cooking works, not farming. If you spend the time gathering materials and filling pans on doing nature skills instead your SD gain would prolly be close to equal. Not to mention that you need a pretty massive farm or a lot of money to make it worthwhile

It takes me 20-40m to cook 1000 meals (kinda depends on my own performance filling pans), plus i fish and farm with my priest, and still i get way more gains after cooking than after harvesting all those veggies.

I call bs..you can have a decent priest in 3-4 months if you work at it.

Most all of this here on the thread sounds more like QQing about having to rake fields and work at farming.

People ARE getting far more than they used too.

Only ones I see complaining are the plant and harvest crowd and maybe rake once in awhile.

I hear  people in game getting awesome results who actually farm.

I think its time for more observation and questions rather than a bunch more QQing without any real testing and proof of data.

Miners walk up and have to mine 7 times and might get a couple max Qlty.

you want to walk up sow  come back  then harvest and get maximum amounts  (7+ ) at maximum qlty ...sorry I dont think so.

2 actions do not equal 7+ crops...nope

I call BS on your BS.

Show us your 50+ SD, 70+ Chan priest please.

My brother has 70 minning, he uses ql 10 coc pickaxes to mine, and still around 50% of his ore is ql 70+, so please explain. Plus in the number of days it takes a field to grow, one can mine thousands and thousands of ore. At 5s per action (estimate 3h of gameplay a day), 4 days of mining thats 12h, which at 3600s per hour is 43200 seconds, now, with stamina regen pauses, lets say 35000s, that's 7000 ore, even at 30% max ql that would be 2100 high ql iron ore in the time it takes a field to mature. (Not to mention that the other 4900 ore are not unusable, and will probably be used up faster than the high ql one, since the low ql is used to craft, and the high ql to imp, while there's no such standard for farming).

Even at your standards posted somewhere of 7 per tile, that's 300 tiles of farm one needed available, which at 5s per action would be another hour of sowing and harvesting more or less.

Then there's the number of player actions involved, while i can mine just by standing on a spot hitting M 4 times, waiting , hitting M 4 times, waiting, M4times, then bulk the ore, then M4times, etc.

To farm one needs to mover around, can't move more than 1 tiles away from the tile you started, so can't queue more than 3 actions or the first is interrupted cause you're too far, can't really do it on a tiny window cause you need to see where you're standing to make sure you don't skip tiles, etc.

So please, compare that to minning so more, i do enjoy your last ditch attempts to justify the unjustifiable... If you compared it to woodcutting would make more sense, although i would tell you that trees "plant themselves" and that you don't need anywhere as many logs to make most items as you need veggies (since most items that require wood, don't require a log, but planks, which you make more than 1 per log), and that even at lvl 1 woodcutting you still can get 7 logs from a tree. So why not do the opposite, if you want every gathering skill to be the same, then you'll need to be lvl 80 to be able to get 7 logs from a tree, also when you mine you'd be unable to do more than x actions every 3-4 days. Sounds fun, right?

donno wat world you live in , but most of exodus is having similar results as me,   Most same response, it was nerfed.

Fanboy world? World of Denial?

I don't know what i'm doing other than using an 80ql rake with 45ql seeds and 45 farming skill but I had some crops planted before the update.  I started farming the ones that were almost ripe and pretty much got 4 - 5 yield from most tiles and 3 from others so in my experience it's not that bad.

I have just planted some 45ql seeds again and started raking 1 time each day, don't have time for more than that, hopefully that goes just as well.  I do have some 90ql seeds I traded for doing work previously for someone which I plan on planting to see if I get more out of them.

I can see some people haven't been doing so well with this system but the fact that you have a chance at getting higher yield than your skill if you farm properly is nice.  Only reason i never bothered farming before is because I could only get 4 yield no matter how much I farmed and I simply didn't have time to keep up with it either. 

There's 2 problems with your assumption:

1- Before the patch there was already a chance to get more crops by harvesting. At your skill level i was getting 5-6 potatoes 1 in 3 tiles more or less, on the previous system, mind you. And the rest of the tiles i'd be getting 4 ALWAYS. So before 1.1 i knew that at 45-50 farming i'd be getting at least 4 potatoes out of a tile, but could luck out and get 6 if i raked it. And it was enough to rake once or twice, not stalking your fields till you see them needing a rake.

2- You don't get MORE now, in fact you get less, the baseline crops (that is the ones you get without doing nothing) was reduced at all levels, so now at your skill level, instead of a steady 4 you're getting 3 apparently. And IF you stalk your fields and farm always, now you get your old yields, and IF you're extra lucky, you'll have 1 or 2 more veggies.

So summing it up, what happens is that now, baseline harvest is less than it was, you need to farm the fields more than once or twice to get the old results, and instead of having a fixed, quantifiable chance at getting extra crops (which was that you'd be getting a bonus of, i think 5 extra farming skill on your crop, so if you were at lvl 15, and farmed once or twice you'd get the same harvest as a lvl 20 without farming), you now have a RNG chance.

I'd love this patch if it was implemented correctly, keeping the same baselines and simply adding more crops for using better seeds, raking more often, using better rakes, and adding the rare actions. Instead they nerfed the old values, and added new yields that are the same as the old values but require extensive more work.

Then wouldnt that make it a preist issue..not a farming issue? and less preists do not make less players....99% of priests are alts (on Freedom). Rarely do you see anyone on Fredom with only a sole priest toon. They are almost always exclusively alts.I am sure someone does a sole priest player..but I have only seen one I think in over a year of playing...most all either quit playing the priest or make another main toon and keep the priest for thier alt. It would be good if the decrease in farming yield spurred further development on priests making them somewhat more viable to play as a main toon rather than an alt thats only good for bling spells..again..assuming Freedom servers. Epic is quite different. So again I say a decrease in farming yields...irregardless of indirect effects should go forward and remain in place. If there are real issues with priests..which given the above it certainly seems there are...then perhaps its just the impetus needed to get them revamped into something people would like to have as thier main toon. As they sit now...they are just a bling spell alt...not much more than that...at least on freedom.

Of course not, but unlike ANY other "class" in the game, priests are the only one that requires premium. So while you can have a free carp alt to cut planks for you, you can't have a free priest alt, it requires payment, which means that every alt priest out there is helping pay the server fees.

And "bling" spell? yeah, obviously you know a lot about the game... Seriously, learn the game, please examine what you're saying and then type stuff based on knowing what you're saying, otherwise, you make the poor figure you're making right now.

Edited by ReaverKane
  • Like 5

Of course not, but unlike ANY other "class" in the game, priests are the only one that requires premium. So while you can have a free carp alt to cut planks for you, you can't have a free priest alt, it requires payment, which means that every alt priest out there is helping pay the server fees.

And "bling" spell? yeah, obviously you know a lot about the game... Seriously, learn the game, please examine what you're saying and then type stuff based on knowing what you're saying, otherwise, you make the poor figure you're making right now.

I have a free priest alt, one which I pay through draining a trader which takes about 5 minute of my time every 28 days. "unlike ANY other "class" in the game" Calm down already, there are 2 classes, priest and non-priest.

It seems to me that Sunsvortex knows more about the game than you do.

You do NOT need to cook to have a succesful priest. You do not even need close to 50 or 70 SD to cast 90+ casts. My old priest with 30 SD and 60 channeling got lots of those. My new priest with 39 channeling and 26 SD regularly get 80+ casts. He has 14 days playing time and most of these 14 days were spent afk in sermon sessions.

So please stop dissuading new players from making priests claiming that they need to cook 1000 stews a day for a year to have a usable priest, because its utter ######.

I have a free priest alt, one which I pay through draining a trader which takes about 5 minute of my time every 28 days. "unlike ANY other "class" in the game" Calm down already, there are 2 classes, priest and non-priest.

It seems to me that Sunsvortex knows more about the game than you do.

You do NOT need to cook to have a succesful priest. You do not even need close to 50 or 70 SD to cast 90+ casts. My old priest with 30 SD and 60 channeling got lots of those. My new priest with 39 channeling and 26 SD regularly get 80+ casts. He has 14 days playing time and most of these 14 days were spent afk in sermon sessions.

So please stop dissuading new players from making priests claiming that they need to cook 1000 stews a day for a year to have a usable priest, because its utter ######.

Lol calm down? How am i not calm..

And does your "Free Priest Alt" cast spells? Cause if he does, then please report it and get yourself a ban, since that was supposed to have been removed last year. Thank you!

I never said you need to cook 1000 meals a day to have a good priest, you need to grind SD to have a above average priest, and the most effective way to do so is to cook a lot.

And i would like some proof of those 80+ regular casts (unless you mean opulence casts) cause my priest is far above that and i've got like 3 80+ casts since i started him. Casting all day yesterday best i got was 69 woa. So yeah. Until i see proof i'm sticking to what i have experienced, and furthermore, if i choose to cook for improving my priest, i don't think the opinion of a guy that sees spells as "bling" should be taken into account.

I know its kinda your job to suck up to the man and keep that nifty tag on your profile, but please at least make it believable.

per the farming: I am hoping this will get fixed a bit, as right now I have shut my farm down other than what animals need.  With a 65ql rake, 55 ql seed  55 farming and tending 2x a day I am getting 4  harvest.  exactly the same as before the change., when I tended 1-2 times per day. My lowbie free with a 25 ql rake alt. gets 1, which is enough to replant the tile. If I where a newbie without a great rake I would probably stop farming very quickly. I enjoy tending and always have,, but right now things are rather off.

Harvested last 96 tiles of corn, pre patch used to get 576, now 384, 65+ Farming, 66+QL Rake, 64+QL seeds all 6-7 raking actions.

So speak as much BS as you want, the hard numbers are out there showing the truth.

Edited by KunAlt
  • Like 3

I am getting much fewer in my crop yields since the new release. Note that I always tend to them before I harvest, so I am not real happy with that.

60+ql seeds

60+ farming

80ql rake

raked 4 times ( I have a job/wife/kids - can't spend every waking minute farming)

4 crops harvested (3 usable saving one for replant)

6 crops before the nerf with raking twice.

100% more work and 33% less output

Great change for those who have the time to rake all day everyday, however, for most of the adults that play AND have RL responsibilities this nerf is over the top.

PLEASE REVERT.

• Like 2

I know its kinda your job to suck up to the man and keep that nifty tag on your profile, but please at least make it believable.

Thank god for forum ignore. Guess I won't see your reply where you show me where I have ever said anything about priest spells being bling.

Seek help, because you are clearly imagining things.

the new word for the day is = professionalism = A high level of professionalism is expected when working with clients.. and On a side note the farming is something to get use to , thats for sure , but hopefully it will all get worked out in the end .

Thank god for forum ignore. Guess I won't see your reply where you show me where I have ever said anything about priest spells being bling.

Seek help, because you are clearly imagining things.

Guy that calls spells as bling was the guy you defended on your post, never said it was you. Maybe next time before defending someone, re-read what they write. OK?

Here:

the new word for the day is = professionalism = A high level of professionalism is expected when working with clients.. and On a side note the farming is something to get use to , thats for sure , but hopefully it will all get worked out in the end .

When professionalism was being distributed Code Club was in the bathroom.

Edited by ReaverKane

Ok so you agree then..its a priest issue...not a farming issue..priests are the ones having the issues..(you have listed quite the litany of problems with them)...they just have in the past depended on large farms of crops to alleviate one or more of the issues. The crutch is gone now...why not complain that Priests are broken?..clearly according to your list of issues..they are...the new farming mechanincs have simply given the issues with priests more exposure.

And really..which priest spell could you take out of the game...and  by not having that spell...would keep you from accessing any content (on Freedom). Which one would stop you from performing any tasks (on freedom)...Should it not be available.....?...they are all bling....yes bling...they are status..they make things a tad easier...but by not having them....this doest not stop any player from accessing any content nor does it stop them from performing any actions (other than the act of casting the spell and the spell effects themselves)...(on freedom)...

So if you can play the game without them...your not limited by content by not having access to said priest spells..then it stands to reason..that ultimately..priests are not needed...and therfore..all thier spells are in fact ...Bling.

Guy that calls spells as bling was the guy you defended on your post, never said it was you. Maybe next time before defending someone, re-read what they write. OK?

Here:

dont let the door hit ya pal.

• Like 1

Ok so you agree then..its a priest issue...not a farming issue..priests are the ones having the issues..(you have listed quite the litany of problems with them)...they just have in the past depended on large farms of crops to alleviate one or more of the issues. The crutch is gone now...why not complain that Priests are broken?..clearly according to your list of issues..they are...the new farming mechanincs have simply given the issues with priests more exposure.

And really..which priest spell could you take out of the game...and  by not having that spell...would keep you from accessing any content (on Freedom). Which one would stop you from performing any tasks (on freedom)...Should it not be available.....?...they are all bling....yes bling...they are status..they make things a tad easier...but by not having them....this doest not stop any player from accessing any content nor does it stop them from performing any actions (other than the act of casting the spell and the spell effects themselves)...(on freedom)...

So if you can play the game without them...your not limited by content by not having access to said priest spells..then it stands to reason..that ultimately..priests are not needed...and therfore..all thier spells are in fact ...Bling.

No its not a priest issue, the problem is with farming, wasn't priests that changed it was farming. Your whole point is that farming was overproducing items, i merely corrected you by pointing out there's more than enough demand for farming products for this change to have negative impact.

If you think so about priests, here's just 3 examples for you, i'm always open to educating noobs:

Try mailing items without a priest;

Try finding rare fish SPECIES without a priest;

Try repairing pelts, mooring anchors, compasses and such items without a priest.

Not even going to go about how easy it will be for you to get some skill past 70 without coc items.

I'm finding this post confusing...

Edited by ReaverKane

Oh and its not getting changed back so you might want to get actual real hardcore data to present your ideas for any further changes rather than farm a few tiles and paste QQing.

Edited by Protunia

No its not a priest issue, the problem is with farming, wasn't priests that changed it was farming. Your whole point is that farming was overproducing items, i merely corrected you by pointing out there's more than enough demand for farming products for this change to have negative impact.

If you think so about priests, here's just 3 examples for you, i'm always open to educating noobs:

Try mailing items without a priest;

Try finding rare fish SPECIES without a priest;

Try repairing pelts, mooring anchors, compasses and such items without a priest.

Not even going to go about how easy it will be for you to get some skill past 70 without coc items.

Try mailing items without a priest; - Broken system and a weak attempt at adding a utilitarian function to priests. Edit - you dont need mailboxes..we have server to server travel and boats..priest not needed.

Try finding rare fish SPECIES without a priest; - Done it, quite by accident..but none the less..no priest needed.More to the point..lack of a priest does not stop you from finding them.

Try repairing pelts, mooring anchors, compasses and such items without a priest. - Butcher animal, aquire new pelt, get a rope tool and wemp, get lead..make new mooring anchor, Grow some olive trees make oil and needle..make new compass....or buy any or all of those from other players. No priest needed

Not even going to go about how easy it will be for you to get some skill past 70 without coc items. - off point - casts do not inhibit you from attaining the highest possible skill..they are not needed.

And yes farming got changed...which was the crutch the priests were relying upon to circumvent thier issues...so its a priest issue. Changing farming has just made it more visable.

Face it..your argument doesnt hold water..you have no idea what your talking about and are flailing about trying to complain as much as possible thinking that if you protest enough..youll get your Farm for Free card back...Tich has allready emphatically stated..."This will not happen".

you can read that here - http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/82623-farming-yeild-nerf/page-2

Edited by sunsvortex
  • Like 1

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Rolf, June 26, 2013 - Trolling
Hidden by Rolf, June 26, 2013 - Trolling

Tich doesn't own wurm, so his opinion is that of an employee. As far as i know he's tired of working for Rolf, but doesn't want to quit to lose is severance so he's doing this to try and get fired.

As for priests being a crutch, sorry to burst your bubble, but its priests that keep this game afloat, if it wasn't for that second, and sometimes 5th premium account for playing person, the game would be dead in the water a long time ago.

Even if they were obsolete like you say, which is basically the same as Aesop's Fox about the grapes. (if you don't know what i'm saying, read about it).

But anyhow, priests and SD are but one sinkhole for farming produce, there's more than SD grinding to farming, and even if there were no priests this is still a BS nerf. The problem is not priests, its a poorly thought up change, which is basically the norm on wurm. And the problem is that apparently there's too many people like sunsvortex on the dev team, that fail to see the cascading effect to their changes past the immediate. It happened to Lamps, to animal ratio, and is happening to farming.

Edited by ReaverKane

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Jberg, June 26, 2013 - quoted trolling as hidden by Rolf
Hidden by Jberg, June 26, 2013 - quoted trolling as hidden by Rolf

Tich doesn't own wurm, so his opinion is that of an employee. As far as i know he's tired of working for Rolf, but doesn't want to quit to lose is severance so he's doing this to try and get fired.

As for priests being a crutch, sorry to burst your bubble, but its priests that keep this game afloat, if it wasn't for that second, and sometimes 5th premium account for playing person, the game would be dead in the water a long time ago.

Even if they were obsolete like you say, which is basically the same as Aesop's Fox about the grapes. (if you don't know what i'm saying, read about it).

But anyhow, priests and SD are but one sinkhole for farming produce, there's more than SD grinding to farming, and even if there were no priests this is still a BS nerf. The problem is not priests, its a poorly thought up change, which is basically the norm on wurm. And the problem is that apparently there's too many people like sunsvortex on the dev team, that fail to see the cascading effect to their changes past the immediate. It happened to Lamps, to animal ratio, and is happening to farming.

First..how is it that you would know such information about a dev? If you really expect me to believe you have some kind of inside info on the inner working of the company.....thats not going to happen. the mere thought is quite comical.

I did not state that priests were crutches......reread

the rest is not intelligent enough to deserve a response.