Sign in to follow this  
RockyBalboa

Wurm 1.1 ! What Is New And How We Can Make It?

149 members have voted

1. 1. Happy with update?

• yes
    • no
    • i wana more then that!

i partially agree with you on this some things should be knowledge given, but discovery how to do things is what makes this game what it is...as for the exploiting bugs if someone gets banned because they believe it to be how the game works then they should explain there situations..and on that note everyone should be talking about the different things and compare what they find...its how we determine what is a bug and what isnt based on multiple trials and errors of many players..i think of wurm as constantly being a beta in a sense even tho it is classified as a full blown game now.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, Wurm is still in pre-alpha stages, wtf you talking about? They're just trying to make us think it's an ACTUAL 100% game, but no, that's just so we'll pay more. This game is loooong way off from actually being a full blown game.

i partially agree with you on this some things should be knowledge given, but discovery how to do things is what makes this game what it is...as for the exploiting bugs if someone gets banned because they believe it to be how the game works then they should explain there situations..and on that note everyone should be talking about the different things and compare what they find...its how we determine what is a bug and what isnt based on multiple trials and errors of many players..i think of wurm as constantly being a beta in a sense even tho it is classified as a full blown game now.

Re-read my post, i've added some examples of stuff.

Plus i don't care what you or even the devs thing. After the momment a game is charging money, and not that little atm. You can't consider it Beta. All MMO's are constantly evolving and changing, that's part of being a MMO game. Specially RPG's.

I never said anything about bugs and errors, but there's a distinct lack of confirmed information that is borderline ridiculous, specially with a game that now costs almost as much as any AAA game out there (costs more if you consider you pay a subscription fee for every character you create, plus another for the land you "own" and not even that is 100% protected even on freedom as i sadly can testify with some sort of natural disaster felling several fence sections and damaging another dozen or so, which basically resulted in the loss of all my cows and bulls, because they were "free ranging" on a big fence.

Wossoo said he would be posting some info about sorcery system.

It has been said it'll be quite demanding to follow it up, has nothing to do with priesting, more stand-alone like meditation system, and linked to Missions on epic. It will be linked to a item-hunt for freedom servers but maybe not yet...

PS. Gem- staffs are not for priests I think.. but for sorcerers.

I know what Wosso said. He said it would be out with the release... Release is done. no Info. And its not just sorcery its LOTS of changes that should have documentation.

And if they really wanted to do PR, they should have done it BEFORE. So that the few sites that follow Wurm (like massively) could have been hyping those changes for a while, drawing some fresh blood back. Not AFTER the release.

Stuff like what's a curb for is it just decorative or has some sort of meaning on roads, how do we get magical fences. What's with the new trees and bushes, how do we find them? That kind of stuff should have some sort of forewarning, not everyone has the time to devote to figuring out every little bit of info, specially info that you can NEVER know 100% for sure, and that eventually will be declared a bug by a dev. (remembering the lamps on deed thing last year, and the perimeter expansions).

Plus what's expected to have changed from new farming, otherwise how are we supposed to know if a new behavior is expected or a bug? Or should we take it as working order, then find out you've been exploiting a bug and get a nifty ban?

That kinda stuff should have been published, plus if there's so great freaking stuff, why not make a few sneak preview things to hype it up and see if some old guys come back, or some new players bite the hook.

Thats how you sell games, not just dump the stuff on the client and leave it to people to figure them out.

No. I played many sandbox games and they only tell those stuffs exist, you ain't been told where to find them, how to craft them. People who don't have time or lazy to figure those infos, can wait until other players found them and spread the news either through personal discussions, global chats, or wiki. These are not even something to make newbies 'bite the hook', newbies don't want to see walls and walls of text. What newbies need actually make the game looks simple to pickup, hard to master. One of way for this is by locking out or hiding out contents so they don't get confused upon so much info. If any get advantage of documentation of every bit of mechanics on wurm is the old players, so you know what you should do to get that 90 skill to 99 the right mechanic way.

I don't think any players ever get banned for accidentally find and use a bug, don't you trust the staff team? 

I would rather it stay as it is to end users, except that a few ninja changes shouldn't be ninja at all. Elseway, documentations of how things supposed to work to the moderators might help them for identifying and reporting bugs faster. Or, for compromise, expose more as time pass, but not under-laying mechanics like how to effectively farm or how to effectively skilling or how to effectively use the sorcery system..

Edited by rosedragon

Wossoo said he would be posting some info about sorcery system.

It has been said it'll be quite demanding to follow it up, has nothing to do with priesting, more stand-alone like meditation system, and linked to Missions on epic. It will be linked to a item-hunt for freedom servers but maybe not yet...

thx for the info..my knowledge so far was based that there was 3 items you needed and that the titles of mystical powers were received through mission/ scenarios...and that once you had both the title based on ur title rank and the items required you could use karma points to cast the spells...the staff is kinda new i didnt hear about that until today when the release happened..i reallyc ant wait to start getting intot he whole sorcery idea i avoided karma..but now i actually have a reason tos tart collecting it people will be eating it like candy...lol

Some form of documentation, even if sparse, is ALWAYS better so players know what is a bug, exploit, or how a mechanic should function. I don't think anyone here is looking for documentation that is like a "step by step guide" on how to do something. Just something to point in the proper direction so we can report proper bugs, exploits, etc.

• Like 1

No. I played many sandbox games and they only tell those stuffs exist, you ain't been told where to find them, how to craft them. People who don't have time or lazy to figure those infos, can wait until other players found them and spread the news either through personal discussions, global chats, or wiki. These are not even something to make newbies 'bite the hook', newbies don't want to see walls and walls of text. What newbies need actually make the game looks simple to pickup, hard to master. One of way for this is by locking out or hiding out contents so they don't get confused upon so much info. If any get advantage of documentation of every bit of mechanics on wurm is the old players, so you know what you should do to get that 90 skill to 99 the right mechanic way.

I don't think any players ever get banned for accidentally find and use a bug, don't you trust the staff team? 

I would rather it stay as it is to end users, except that a few ninja changes shouldn't be ninja at all. Elseway, documentations of how things supposed to work to the moderators might help them for identifying and reporting bugs faster. Or, for compromise, expose more as time pass, but not under-laying mechanics like how to effectively farm or how to effectively skilling or how to effectively use the sorcery system..

Dude, compare wurm to any other MMo game out there.

Any halfway decent game out there will give you a sneak preview of what is being published sometimes months before.

Then just before or at release you know exactly what are expected behaviors.

Before the release you can read about every major change on MMO sites, which draws players.

On Wurm, you know stuff after the fact. You know stuff changed, but never know how it changed.

I mean yay farming changed, HOW? Lets wait a month or so so that people can crunch the math, while the PR team (Which has more members than Wosoo btw) which should be actually releasing that info is doing what?

Seriously? What does the PR TEAM do? I see Woosoo doing stuff, but what about the rest?

Where did you hear that? I've scoured everything mentioned so far and have found no references, is it just a gut feeling or something more solid?

I'm still going to have one of course because.  B) 

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, Wurm is still in pre-alpha stages, wtf you talking about? They're just trying to make us think it's an ACTUAL 100% game, but no, that's just so we'll pay more. This game is loooong way off from actually being a full blown game.

Eh. You're not the one who gets to decide whether or not the game is in a "pre-alpha" stage, Rolf is. If he says it's Wurm 1.1 then it is 1.1, regardless of what you think. If it doesn't hold up to your quality standards then by all means feel free not to pay for it. :P

Eh. You're not the one who gets to decide whether or not the game is in a "pre-alpha" stage, Rolf is. If he says it's Wurm 1.1 then it is 1.1, regardless of what you think. If it doesn't hold up to your quality standards then by all means feel free not to pay for it. :P

I have preeeeeetty durn low quality standards. But that's something for another thread :P

Anyone tried adding a diamond to a wooden staff? :P

Anyone tried adding a diamond to a wooden staff? :P

at work at the moment but when I get home was aiming for an iron staff + gem.

It would be cool if different staff materials gave different gem  mount styles.

I say the Staff+gem will be for Scorcery, which will likely be a month or more in the future for everywhere but Epic...

Would it have been that hard to label Epic specific stuff as Epic? Would it?

Ok

Personal goals =crap.

Slay Forest Giant. Yeah cause all the uniques aren't dead already...

Build a cog, been there, done that. Not according to the goal thing.

Join a settlement, also not done, although I'M A FREAKING MAYOR!!!

etc.

According to kchat, new farming system also blows. Lvl 61 farmer getting 4 items.

Seriously, how is it possible to make a person want to play a game less with such a good patch?

[12:02:09] The large shield will not fit in the shield slot.

champ spiders:

wurm201306191805_zpse3cdf7dd.jpg

gobos

wurm201306191817_zpsbd65fa1b.jpg

wurm201306191818_2_zps38013d2c.jpg

Edited by Zazz

Wait.. looking at the chat log on that pic.. Esc doesn't stop actions any longer?  Anyone know if this is accurate?

• Like 1

Wait.. looking at the chat log on that pic.. Esc doesn't stop actions any longer?  Anyone know if this is accurate?

[12:20:22] You stop creating.

[12:20:22] You stop creating.

good to know... saw that comment and was a bit worried.  Thanks for checking :)

Dude, compare wurm to any other MMo game out there.

Any halfway decent game out there will give you a sneak preview of what is being published sometimes months before.

Then just before or at release you know exactly what are expected behaviors.

Before the release you can read about every major change on MMO sites, which draws players.

On Wurm, you know stuff after the fact. You know stuff changed, but never know how it changed.

I mean yay farming changed, HOW? Lets wait a month or so so that people can crunch the math, while the PR team (Which has more members than Wosoo btw) which should be actually releasing that info is doing what?

Seriously? What does the PR TEAM do? I see Woosoo doing stuff, but what about the rest?

I can remember playing Everquest when they used to take down servers without warning, you never knew when they would come back up, you were never told what they fixed or changed, thankfully they realised eventually that communication is important.

I'm sorry but looking say at WoW' s patch notes, you never know exactly how things are going to work, you still have to try it for yourself.

• Like 1

good to know... saw that comment and was a bit worried.  Thanks for checking :)

IIRC correctly you can choose either behaviour

bind esc main_menu 

or

bind esc stop_or_main_menu

I don't know if it's just me or what, but the highlights and shadows seem to be pushed to the point that everything looks plastic to me.  Also, things in the distance are blurry and even MORE plastic.