Sign in to follow this  
RockyBalboa

Wurm 1.1 ! What Is New And How We Can Make It?

149 members have voted

1. 1. Happy with update?

• yes
    • no
    • i wana more then that!

What would be the command to toggle skill tracker? I tried all combinations I could think of.

Just toggle_mainmenu and click on "Skill tracker".

Seems there is something wrong about GSLS Shader (or whatever). I disabled it and game run better for me.

Thanks! I'll try this.

idk that yet hula..i still cant get back in the game yet since restart. and i logged into dying to a  no gump cause i had to try figure out how to equip gear with t he new system...lol

not sure if thats a bug or if they are forcing us to have lights in our houses.

Another thing about 1.1 is they "supposedly" fixed the lighting bugs, so perhaps lighting prior to this was bugged completely?

Another thing about 1.1 is they "supposedly" fixed the lighting bugs, so perhaps lighting prior to this was bugged completely?

Nope.

I don't think that walls 1 tile away from a ql 50 lamp (with white dye) are supposed to be pitch black.

Edited by ReaverKane

cross server chat means anyone on ur friends list you can talk to thru pm's even when they are on elevation or another kingdoms server.

There is a 'profile' that you can set up for chat

U2tPj9r.jpg

jea few bugs need to be fixed but....  i think update is great... we need just to found out all what new we got now  :D

U2tPj9r.jpg

ah thx i havent had a chance to explore much yet....no gump problems and then server restart not a good combo

U2tPj9r.jpg

That's awesome.

Another thing that should have been covered in some doc about this patch.

Edited by ReaverKane

U2tPj9r.jpg

See i could access it on the test client the other day but i couldn't have it appears on my body option menu on today client. Edit: it's maybe because i have like 3 path of power ability listed there.

Edited by Serpentarius

Hey Tich, would you be able to tell us how some of these new features work and how to create them? Specifically sorcery and these new magical walls?

See i could access it on the test client the other day but i couldn't have it appears on my body option menu on today client.

It will be there soon™

Would be really nice if they updated the wiki with these new items and how to make them/new systems ( I.E sorcery ) before they put them on the server *Sigh*

Not so hard to find em.. it actually fun on trying to discover how to make em :)

Thanks @ eldarian. I don't have wiki access so feel free to add em to wiki.

@reaver: maybe you should volunteer and do better. Don't see it as hard to figure out the recipes and stuffs, and discoveries are part of what make sandbox great-- regardless finding em yourself, or by discussing with people. They also did quiet a good list of what was updated today.. or I won't be able to know what I should discover :P .

Not so hard to find em.. it actually fun on trying to discover how to make em :)

Thanks @ eldarian. I don't have wiki access so feel free to add em to wiki.

@reaver: maybe you should volunteer and do better. Don't see it as hard to figure out the recipes and stuffs, and discoveries are part of what make sandbox great-- regardless finding em yourself, or by discussing with people. They also did quiet a good list of what was updated today.. or I won't be able to know what I should discover :P .

PR team shouldn't be volunteers. Or at least one should be payed, plus i don't want to volunteer cause i might end up not having the availability to do stuff, and i don't want to wind up just another guy with a nifty tag below my forum avatar that does nothing.

I don't mean figuring out recipes thats kinda normal, i mean knowing what the hell we are to expect from sorcery, what its supposed to do how we're supposed to do it.

What's expected to have changed from new farming, otherwise how are we supposed to know if a new behavior is expected or a bug? Or should we take it as working order, then find out you've been exploiting a bug and get a nifty ban?

Stuff like what's a curb for is it just decorative or has some sort of meaning on roads, how do we get magical fences. What's with the new trees and bushes, how do we find them? That kind of stuff should have some sort of forewarning, not everyone has the time to devote to figuring out every little bit of info, specially info that you can NEVER know 100% for sure, and that eventually will be declared a bug by a dev. (remembering the lamps on deed thing last year, and the perimeter expansions).

A good example of this is how oil barrels and lighting off-deed works. After a 20m chat about it on kchat, i heard at the same time that someone had it lit without a guard, others that it won't work, etc. Why? Cause there's no freaking definite information about how these things ARE supposed to work. Every scrap of info we have on this game is basically conjecture from players that sooner or later is confirmed enough to crystallize into what's considered valid information. But even then we could be wrong, since the ones that DO know how its supposed to work, never post any solid info.

That kinda stuff should have been published, plus if there's so great freaking stuff, why not make a few sneak preview things to hype it up and see if some old guys come back, or some new players bite the hook.

Thats how you sell games, not just dump the stuff on the client and leave it to people to figure them out.

Edited by ReaverKane
  • Like 5

Looks great guys. Im happy to see such changes finialy happen.

Hi MrB, nice to see you

• Like 1

a bit strange since we can menage plans of finished houses, can we make fance gates in houses now?  or any fances in bottom floor?

Edited by RockyBalboa

Hi MrB, nice to see you

Hay :) Had seen the update posted on massively. Decided to come check it out. The changes are a long time comming.

EDIT: Spelling of "massively"

Edited by Mrbloodworth
  • Like 2

PR team shouldn't be volunteers. Or at least one should be payed, plus i don't want to volunteer cause i might end up not having the availability to do stuff, and i don't want to wind up just another guy with a nifty tag below my forum avatar that does nothing.

I don't mean figuring out recipes thats kinda normal, i mean knowing what the hell we are to expect from sorcery, what its supposed to do how we're supposed to do it.

Plus what's expected to have changed from new farming, otherwise how are we supposed to know if a new behavior is expected or a bug? Or should we take it as working order, then find out you've been exploiting a bug and get a nifty ban?

That kinda stuff should have been published, plus if there's so great freaking stuff, why not make a few sneak preview things to hype it up and see if some old guys come back, or some new players bite the hook.

Thats how you sell games, not just dump the stuff on the client and leave it to people to figure them out.

i partially agree with you on this some things should be knowledge given, but discovery how to do things is what makes this game what it is...as for the exploiting bugs if someone gets banned because they believe it to be how the game works then they should explain there situations..and on that note everyone should be talking about the different things and compare what they find...its how we determine what is a bug and what isnt based on multiple trials and errors of many players..i think of wurm as constantly being a beta in a sense even tho it is classified as a full blown game now.

Wossoo said he would be posting some info about sorcery system.

It has been said it'll be quite demanding to follow it up, has nothing to do with priesting, more stand-alone like meditation system, and linked to Missions on epic. It will be linked to a item-hunt for freedom servers but maybe not yet...

PS. Gem- staffs are not for priests I think.. but for sorcerers.

MrB! I miss your hairy manhugs! And the zombie invasions of course!

Edited by Raamkozijn