Sign in to follow this  
Shads

Vein Ql On Mouseover

Vein ql mouseover  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this is a good or bad idea?

• Good
    • Bad

So all of us miners and deed owners with those large mines with a tonne of veins of varying ql hate having to go up to every vein prospecting it to find out its ql every time we need some ore. Usually we have to place signs to mark the vein ql, or we run around prospecting each vein trying to find the ql that's right for what you need at this time.

How about a mouseover ability just like farming has, digging has etc, but linked to prospecting skill.

It would have the same tile/skill ratio as digging and farming, and it would only tell us the ql range ie, Good, Very Good, Utmost, etc so that tuning forks don't become obsolete.

So, what do you think?

• Like 1

At a high prospect level, yes.  (Give us a reason to go above 60)

Agreed, mining today made me think of it. I hate running around having to hunt for low ql veins for making things like nails etc. I'd gladly grind it to 70 for this mouseover ability :)

• Like 1

Difficult to compare to farming and digging since there is no relation whatsoever, they don't have QL based tiles.

Huge -1. Use signs, they are here for a reason (to be used).

Difficult to compare to farming and digging since there is no relation whatsoever, they don't have QL based tiles.

Huge -1. Use signs, they are here for a reason (to be used).

The mousover ability for digging allows you to see slopes, much more convenient then examining each individual slope.

The mouseover ability for farming allows you to see growth stage and tended/untended, again much more convenient then examining each individual farm tile.

Signs aren't a great way to mark them, takes time to make them and imp them. Plus they decay so you have to keep an eye on their damage. If you have a large mine with a tonne of veins, that's a lot of signs.

• Like 1

(Give us a reason to go above 60)

*cough* v1.1 *cough*

+1 but not just veins, rock tiles too - but yeah, over 50 skill at least

+1 but not just veins, rock tiles too - but yeah, over 50 skill at least

The suggestion is for all tiles that can be mined :)

Just do what I do. Build a statue next to the vein. Then when ql is known name statue vg 84.

Pretty easy to understand, and that way low level players know what veins the can and cannot mine.

Don't need high prospecting this way either. Well not everyone anyhow

*cough* v1.1 *cough*

But it's not a huge improvement or worth to go above 60 for...

I'll say no, as would like to get rid of the mouseovers and use more visual clues

Well a quicker way to see the ql, slopes, growth stages etc are welcomed by me, whether it's a mouseover or a "visual cue".

Mouseover until a visual cue would be nice temporary thing though ;)

I'll say no, as would like to get rid of the mouseovers and use more visual clues

OH visual clues like what XD i am very interested O.o maybe also visual clues for  veins with salt and flint XD 

"Visual clues" are fine, but a lot of us are forced to play WURM on minimal (or close to minimal) details, otherwise it turned into slow moving preview of screenshots ... this is that point where FPS (frames per second) changing into SPF (seconds per frame).

And I hope, that such "visual clues" will be visible on minimal details too. If not, mouse over texts are more welcome.

It's very easy for tich and others with high end options to forget there are still some of us using low end options.