Sign in to follow this  
Xsamuraizx

Installing Java & Recent Crashes (Out Of Memory)

Hi! I followed step 2 exactly but it turned out that Java had a different file name. I found my javaws file in "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_40\bin\javaws.exe" 

Thought someone might find it pertinent to know that that file might be named differently from what's posted here!

Yep, this is the workaround I have to use. With the latest update to Java 8 the path needs to be:

"C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_51\bin\javaws.exe"

I am jus trying to install the game and I get this pop up that says I am using the wrong java. I installed the 64 bit but it says I have a 32 bit in there.

Really people, if your going to sell a product to others, the first thing you want them to know is how to get this done right off the ground. There should be a thread right here, right now that explains how to get rid of a 32 bit java and how to turn over to the 64 bit and it should be pretty simple as most gamers don't understand why they would need a java system since in the past java has been a gate way to internet hacking.

So, put up a thread here, just for java, and a link to the 64 bit java alone.
Explain the steps one by one, and then close the thread and update that thread as needed.
I am probably not going to play this game since right off I have had these many problems and its a pity too as some say its a decent enough game but "I" will never know that will I because of the java problems.

So get it together people, and you really have to wonder, how many people who might have played this game have you lost for this very reason. You lost me, and that is a pity, but the loss is only in the potential that was there to play.

I guess the question is, how many potential players have you lost because of this issue.

hm... the problem is sitting behind the pc. you should know that if you are running a 64bit system you should choose 64bit software.... and you should know how to uninstall previous software... if not i guess you should learn it. btw. wurm is running fine on 32 bit :)

done blame the game, just ask "nicely" for some help and you always will get it here - if not - google it B)