Sign in to follow this  
Pottis

Raiding Tweak On Wild "chaos"

Raiding tweak on Wild "Chaos"  

68 members have voted

1. 1. I want this added

• Yes
    • No

This is something I have been thinking about for a long time.

Many of us dont have time to play 24/7, and alot of us play in different timezones. This makes it very easy for the enemy kingdom to go raid a deed when no one is online. Yes good for the enemy, but bad for the one that getting raided. Kind of meaningless aswell, a raid should be hard and defended by the defender. But if he/she/them aint online its a walk in the park for attackers. Hence my suggestion:

If LESS then 3 people of the defending kingdom is online in enemy local then this rules should apply:

1: Deed guards should get buffed and take 70% less damage and do 50% harder hits.

2: Buildings, walls, minedoors, etc inside deed border should take 70% less damage when catapulted.

This would help all people that cant play each day, as it would make it harder for an enemy to raid. And it would also give a chance for the defenders to call for help before their village is wrecked.

Many of us, both MR and JK and BL would benefit from this. I have seen many MR deeds that i been raiding myself that had no one online, if this rules would been active those villages i raided could had a chance to defend themselfs.

The buffs should probably change depending on whether you have 1, 2 or 3 people online. Otherwise you might end up with the situation "is it worth my third friend logging on, or would it be better just to keep the damage reduction buffs?"

The buffs should probably change depending on whether you have 1, 2 or 3 people online. Otherwise you might end up with the situation "is it worth my third friend logging on, or would it be better just to keep the damage reduction buffs?"

True that, some further tweaking must be applied for it to work. Else it ends up in the situation you describe.

go cry someplace else lolol
I heard WoW is accepting new players.

• Like 1

God no. Multi storey buildings, elevation affecting catapult aiming and guards being cheaper than epic already has enough of an effect. Imo multi storey buildings and that change to catapults making them much harder to aim is plenty of additional deed defence.

+1 i would take that, Would be alot nice to not have to sit and watch enemy cata in seconds because i cant do anything about it.

Really ? 

How many times have you and your kingdom raided another deed when there was nobody on-line ? It's a PvP server, you know how things work, Pottis. You've most likely been there, seen it, and walked away with the loot you've got.

If people are not online when the raid takes place, too bad. That's the way of it. Hell, when I owned Badon Hill before PMK's came in, I noticed you and Buttercups' account had raided my deed, or at least, drained my token, three times during when I was not online. Did this bother me ? No, Because I chose to live on this server. And I accepted the risks. It made the Wurm experience a great deal more fun for me.Not once did I complain in the chat channel. 

The unfortunate thing is, not everyone who comes here has the same mentality.

• Like 2

No.  Got 5 people on and for whatever reason don't want to fight?  Grab all gear, log off.  Deed magically gets stronger, and you're gone with your shinies.  Any mechanic that encourages people to NOT play the game is very, very poor design.  -1

+1 i would take that, Would be alot nice to not have to sit and watch enemy cata in seconds because i cant do anything about it.

So basically we're creating a pay to win game? Look at THG, that place has well over 20 guards, and those are a pain to kill at the best of times, and now you want 70% less damage taken and 50% more damage done? 

This is literally the stupidest idea ive ever seen posted here, and thats including Klaa's ideas!

Umm, it was me at your place Lance, you forgot already :(

+1 to buff guards after each respawn :P

Uh uh, or after each "wave" (when full guards amount been respawned and killed) guard Lt and Captains could spawn, same as when capping towers. Now that would be fun lol.

Tho then it would be rather hard to do 1-2 ppl rapid raids on small/weak deeds, or maybe thats even a good thing.

Edited by DonAngelo
  • Like 1

Well put Lancelot, BL tried raiding my deed many many times and, because of my Kingdom mates, the worst damage they did was knock down 1 wall. That is until they raided me at 4am my time and bashed every house, looted every chest, stole 2 ships, drained the token and sacced every tool, weapon and piece of armor I owned.

Did I cry? Hell no! I live on a pvp server, I knocked down every house and rebuilt the deed stronger and invite them or anyone to try again!

Sounds more like a cry of help than a suggestion. I tend to not get involved in kingdom to kingdom bitching but regardless of whether I was JK or MR I would still think this was a bad idea. I've seen villages knocked down to the ground on chaos day after day and guess what? The people that were part of that deed simply rebuilt it and moved on. That's just Wild, it will always be Wild and should always stay that way. There's plenty of other servers for those who can't take the heat.

Edited by Jools

Or instead of watching you could walk outside your deed and & stop them from tossing rocks at your deed.

-1 To this.

The thing is that this would benefit everyone.

• Like 1

-1 Would encourage people to simply log off instead of defending. 

Lets not ###### each other potty. You know in the current state of affairs with the kingdoms, a patch like this would only be beneficial to the JK. In fact the last deed I believe you guys tried to raid was a small undefended deed north of Eden, which had maybe 2-3 walls to actually get to the token. I get it, its not easy trying to defend a deed with few people to be on at all hours, but plenty of deeds have been in those situations before. Hell I mean HoM was actually formed partly because of that reason. We were split into many small inactive villages and JK and BL were both attacking us frequently, if anything MR was in a worse state than JK is now but we understood that for a better chance at survival on wild we needed to band together into one big highly defendable super deed. That's just the way wild is, kingdoms will have their highs and they will have their lows, you can either ###### about it or you can do something about it.

No, it benefits people who would rather log off than engage in PvP to defend their deed.  That's it.

If I log off for the night, that means raiders have AT LEAST 6 hours to attack my village.  This means that either it will take them twice as long, or it will deter them entirely. If the former, I'll probably still not get on in time to do anything about it.  Just means that the raiders have to do more catapulting than had I been on.

If the latter, might as well just make deeds invulnerable if no allies are near by.

Besides.  There's little need to actually raid for the sole purpose of loot, so typically people raiding, in my experience, are looking for an engagement.  This change would do the exact opposite for everyone.

No it would negatively affect ALL raiders. It's not a benefit for all if it's a bad idea for all. Elevation got stronger guard waves on respawns to combat people styaing on deeds griefing them, so i figured someone might suggest that idea which at least has some merit. This idea on the other hand encourages people to spam lots of guards and not bother to fight. Not to mention that guards are so much cheaper on the freedom cluster and chaos than they are on epic.

Edit - Buttercups, seriously we need to start a countdown timer for every suggestion thread on how long until you'll try and make things into an immature KvK argument rather than an actual discussion.

Edited by Nadroj

I don't pvp on Wurm, you know why?

Because most people seem to misundestand what pvp means. And until there's at least some assurance that there IS actual pvp, not just people waiting for me to logout to raid my stuff, then that isn't pvp.

Oh and for those that will want to go "duh, vikings and stuff did night raids." True that, but the villagers wouldn't disappear into the air when they went to sleep, and would wake up to defend (albeit less efectively).

And i seriously laughed at the guy suggesting that wow is somewhat more carebear. (We're talking of a game i actually hate, but at least when they say it has pvp, it actually involves players vs players everytime.)

Edited by ReaverKane

Going at late or early in the day is merely a tactic, shouldn't punish people for going in at a weak time.