Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Wurm V1.1 Summer Update Release Next Week

We’re very happy to tell you that our Summer Update which brings Wurm to version 1.1 will be released on Tuesday 18th June.

What’s coming in the Summer Update?

One of our main projects for this update has been to make a number of performance enhancements, mainly to the game client. This should mean that graphics cards will be used more effectively to improve frame rates and overall performance. We’ve also tried to fix as many bugs as possible.

fences.jpg

We’re adding a number of new features to the game, including the ability to build house extensions, new fence types, learn mystical powers to become a powerful sorcerer, and several others including an overhaul of the foraging and botanising system.

We have also made some changes to graphics and user interface. These include an update to a number of creature models and animations, a paper-doll window for equipping armour, icons for climbing, lawful etc. and inventory grouping among other improvements.

guard.jpg

We’re also very glad to announce that our new in-game music will be released. We’ll let you know more about that soon.

Overall, this summer update has been the result of work from across all areas of the team since we hit 1.0 last December. Some of the changes are quite small, but there are many of them. Others are very exciting and add new depth and accessibility to the game and we’re really excited to see how you use them.

We really hope you enjoy this next release of Wurm Online as much as we have enjoyed developing it for you. Happy Wurming!

Yours Sincerely,
Rolf and the team behind Wurm Online

Don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for regular updates! There’s also our Team Blog.

gui.jpg

P.S. In case you haven’t seen it yet, here’s a condensed featurelist for v1.1:

• Client Performance Upgrades
  • An All-New Mystic Powers and Karma System
  • More New Creature Models
  • Re-Work of the Epic Endgames
  • Kingdom Tabards (worn on the body)
  • Cross-Server Chat
  • New Fence Types
  • Flower Beds and Flower Pots
  • Gravestones
  • New “Analyse” on Rock Ores
  • Foraging and Botanizing Overhaul
  • Modify Existing Structures
  • New In-Game Music
  • GUI: Addition of a Drag and Drop “Paperdoll”
  • GUI: New icons for climbing, faithful etc
  • Inventory Grouping
  • In-game Skill Tracker
  • Diagonal Roads
  • Falling Tree Animations

P.P.S. There will also be a slight change to the farming mechanic. There will now be more factors affecting crop yield, including seed ql, rake ql and the rarity of everything involved. In theory, someone with only 1 farming skill could potentially achieve a yield of 4 crops. Also, you will continue to always harvest more than 0 crops.

View the tumblr article
  • Like 9

Cool Deal!!

Hope the tabard superimposes on the armor, and not replaces it, and that in the future PMKs and even individual deeds or alliances (thinking of freedom) get to "costumize" their tabard by mixing a preset number of foreground and background images (something pretty standard for mmo guilds and clans in many games).

Also i'm a bit concerned about the farming thing, although i think its great that skill and ql of the seeds factors in, i hope there's not too big of a variation (ie a lvl 60 farmer still gets his due minimum six, but higher ql seeds and farming with a high ql rake gets extra).

Also a suggestion for the PR team, why not create a "focus" feature about sorcerer powers new farming mechanics and such with a bit more detail?

• Like 1

Also a suggestion for the PR team, why not create a "focus" feature about sorcerer powers new farming mechanics and such with a bit more detail?

Yes this would be appreciated :)

Also are the "curbs" included in the new fence types?

Edited by sunsvortex

Please for the love of god make the GUI changes an option, to turn off or not use. You know like we have with the GUI skins..The ability to switch between them.

• Like 4

When will PMK's get the templates for the tabards so we can start working on our own? :D

Sounds awesome though! Good work.

• Like 1

Love it, can we get some more information about the pauldrons? They are clearly shown in the picture but not mentioned at all as a new addition to the game.

Will shoulder damage be modified to use these to defend now instead of chest armour?
What armour types can they be made for?

Just wondering because this game already has a rather large amount of armour pieces that we all have to keep reimped etc, most games dont seperate gloves and boots into seperate armour pieced for example. Specially an issue for people who wear scale/drakea and don't happen to have scales or drake hide knocking about to complete their set with pauldrons. Even more so for Epic where they need these items to reimp such armour sets.

Also i notice that the picture is named "guard" (http://www.wurmonline.com/images/mail130614/guard.jpg) am i to believe that i'm looking at a tower guard in that image? Will all guards look like that now?

And ofc what Red said, PMKs tabards will need sorting ^-^ (On that note we still need PMK packs on normal client, people have to use unstable to see custom banners and flags)

Looking forward to next week :D

Edited by Nadroj
  • Like 1

Love it, can we get some more information about the pauldrons? They are clearly shown in the picture but not mentioned at all as a new addition to the game.

Will shoulder damage be modified to use these to defend now instead of chest armour?

What armour types can they be made for?

Just wondering because this game already has a rather large amount of armour pieces that we all have to keep reimped etc, most games dont seperate gloves and boots into seperate armour pieced for example. Specially an issue for people who wear scale/drakea and don't happen to have scales or drake hide knocking about to complete their set with pauldrons. Even more so for Epic where they need these items to reimp such armour sets.

Also i notice that the picture is named "guard" (http://www.wurmonline.com/images/mail130614/guard.jpg) am i to believe that i'm looking at a tower guard in that image? Will all guards look like that now?

And ofc what Red said, PMKs tabards will need sorting ^-^ (On that note we still need PMK packs on normal client, people have to use unstable to see custom banners and flags)

Looking forward to next week :D

Yes. Can we get the PMK banners etc on the normal clients please?

Hello, become a sorcerer! YES! Screw everything else. Magic without being a priest, wheeee!

Hello, become a sorcerer! YES! Screw everything else. Magic without being a priest, wheeee!

I like it.

I like it.

How do we know it is magic without the priesthood?  If Rolf replaced priest abilities with something better, he would see priest alts dropping off like flies.  Rather, if done right, the new abilities would be limited to priests so as to encourage MORE  priest alts - more premium player alts, etc.

I just hope he explains the systems and doesn't leave us to try and figure it out on our own (I am thinking of gnomes and how we still don't know what they do).....

Wurm doesnt need more abilities tied into Priest.  They have more than enough.  Have another class that has limited abilities that people want to do. Hopefully Sorcerer's will able to do spells or potions.  Hopefully they will be even or less than a Priest but not take away from what Priest do. 

Edited by squirrels

Can our PMK flags be on our tabards at launch too ?

• Like 1

I hope sorcerers are their own handy capped class like priests are.

Other wise this patch sounds really good.  Glad I have an empty deed to play with the new add-ons with > :)

Edited by Ronnie

How do we know it is magic without the priesthood?  

Because that is what sorcerer means.

Please for the love of god make the GUI changes an option, to turn off or not use. You know like we have with the GUI skins..The ability to switch between them.

They will be optional.

i'm a little weary of this Sorcerer feature, it could open up a pandora's box of new issues, exploits, Windows of Opportunity, balance problems and/or otherwise be ineffective due to only being relevant to a tiny wurm fraction (such as JKE/MRE/BLE/Wild Pmk knockoffs). Unless it's non combat orientated then it would be fine. 

I'm excited for the new decor items, Tabards, Inventory organization, and the other Non-combat implementations.  

• Like 1

i'm a little weary of this Sorcerer feature, it could open up a pandora's box of new issues, exploits, Windows of Opportunity, balance problems

Aye, I hope its been tested a bit more now that we have more devs/people working on wurm.

• Like 1

Great Update, hopefully not that bugged as the last were.

We do plan to do a more in-depth look at features, probably posted with the v1.1 release. :)

Other than that, lots of the new stuff can now be seen on the test server if you fancy a look a few days early.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this