Sign in to follow this  
Puertorro

Expand The Cap On Sleep Bonus/ Award Sleep Powder On Server Crash

Should SB cap be raised or have SP awarded when server is down?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should SB cap be raised or have SP awarded when server is down?

• SB cap should be raised!
    • SP should be awarded when servers go down.
    • SB cap should be raised and SP should be awarded when servers go down.
    • Keep it the way it is

Vill,

This is not a request at all.  It cam up in Global chat and I decided to make a thread about it to gather thoughts.  Please don't insult me or say that im whining,  I just wanted to see what ppl think about this.  Thx to everyone making constructive comments.

WOW LMFAO!!!  Here I sit commenting on this thread about server being down and when I hit login to server... TA DA!!!!  Indy is down :(

Hopefully it comes back up soon ;)

The point wasn't whether we should or shouldn't use sleep bonus, why should we be given sleep bonus every time something goes wrong? I don't see how it's ruining it for other people if this is only a suggestion.

It's not the actual words of the suggestion that would ruin it... It's if it was made reality...

I think the problems with the suggestions far outweigh the perceived problem. If you go with the option to extend SB, do you extend it indefinitely? If I have full 5hr SB and theres a crash, I now have 10hrs. If there's another crash, do i end up with 15hrs? If not, its the same problem as we have now. If you extend it indeffinitely, or give out sleep powder, what do you do about inactive premium players? Many players take extended breaks from wurm (i myself have taken a year out on a couple of occasions). It would be a little excessive if I come back after a year to find out I have a sleep powder in my inventory for EVERY crash that happened in that year...or better still, i log in after 2 years to find I have 70 hrs sleep bonus >.<

I originally voted for Sleep Powdre, but I have just changed it. I agree that it can be frustrating when you have not used your sleep bonus and a crash happens.

If you consider the SB to be compensation and you have full SB and someone else has none, when the server crashes you are both equally impacted by the down time, but they are compensated more than you, which seems unfair. However, if you consider the extra SB is intended to help players make up for lost play time, if you already have full SB then you are already equipped to make up the missed gains. I personally think the bonus SB is to allow players to use SB to make up for missed gains, especially in time limited skills like meditation.