Sign in to follow this  
Puertorro

Expand The Cap On Sleep Bonus/ Award Sleep Powder On Server Crash

Should SB cap be raised or have SP awarded when server is down?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should SB cap be raised or have SP awarded when server is down?

• SB cap should be raised!
    • SP should be awarded when servers go down.
    • SB cap should be raised and SP should be awarded when servers go down.
    • Keep it the way it is

I suggest that SB cap is extended so we can hold more than 5 hours or be awarded Sleep Powder after a server is down.  A lot of people will agree that sometimes when the server goes down (which is without warning) we have some SB already or we have even just used a Sleep Powder.  If the cap is extended or Sleep Powder is awarded when this happens, then everyone will get awarded for the server being down.  I made this a poll to see what people think about this suggestion.  It doesn't require much change in the code since all they are doing is just changing from 5 hours to w/e they wanna give or just award an item.

Meh, not needed, it happens but we'll have to deal with it. It doesn't crash that often..

sleep powder can be sold to other players, so maybe another item that is character bound then

• Like 1

has been suggested before ( by me as well. )

should give a redeemable 5 hours in your referal's

I am tired of this suggestion coming up every time there is a server crash.

Rolf, please remove sleep bonus from server crashes. We don't need any compensation.

its a tie right now ;) Guys feel free to leave your thoughts!!!

Ok. There is no need to increase the cap, it will only lead to abuse of the feature.

Ok. There is no need to increase the cap, it will only lead to abuse of the feature.

Wut?

The Sleep Bonus after a server crash is a courtesy, not a right or a privaledge. If you are sitting on 3 hours of SB and only receive 2 after a crash you should not be pissed or upset because you missed out on an extra three hours. You should be happy you received anything in compensation for the server going down.

i think we shoudl be awarded 2 sleep powder per account so my 10 alts all get some too and i can be rich! (sarcasm)

Edited by Niners

I'm not complaining my main had 0 sleep bonus and my alt had about 30 mins, both had the max this morning. Don't need anymore thanks :D

I have never been concerned about the sleep bonus cap.  For every time I was shorted out by already having 5 hours, there were more times that I ended up getting some too.  Since we all get shorted out equally over the long run it's not enough to be upset about.  Sometimes you wins, sometimes you loses.

if you did not use up some or all of your sleep bonus.. when would you have done it?

having 5h and not using them you would still have 5h after a server crash, so no loss.

Wut?

I was replying to this statement:

its a tie right now ;) Guys feel free to leave your thoughts!!!

I am tired of this suggestion coming up every time there is a server crash.

Rolf, please remove sleep bonus from server crashes. We don't need any compensation.

Edited it because some people are getting the wrong messages.

If you don't like the fact you're getting SB from crashes, then the solution is simple, don't use it. Just don't ruin it for other players too because some people do want it.

Edited by Maylilyx

Maybe you don't want any compensation but some people including me do. If you don't want any then just don't use it but some people would. Why would you want a feature that actually benefits people be removed? What do you get if the sleep bonus gets removed? And we should get compensation btw. It's the basic thing to do when something fails. It's a way of apologizing for the crashes.

Stop acting so entitled. Sometimes ###### happens and there's nothing that can be done.

Stop acting so entitled. Sometimes ###### happens and there's nothing that can be done.

Actually the sleep bonus is what they are doing. Like I said, don't want it, don't use it. Just don't take it away from other players too.

Maybe you don't want any compensation but some people including me do. If you don't want any then just don't use it but some people would. Why would you want a feature that actually benefits people be removed? What do you get if the sleep bonus gets removed? And we should get compensation btw. It's the basic thing to do when something fails. It's a way of apologizing for the crashes.

Read the user agreement.  There is nothing in it to guarantee the servers will always be running, nor is there anything to say you will be compensated in any way if they are down.  Rolf gives out SB once in a while as a COURTESY if he feels the down time was enough of an inconvenience to warrant it.  Trying to tell him how much to give out goes along the same lines as trying to tell him when he should give it out.  It's really up to him and none of our business.

Read the user agreement.  There is nothing in it to guarantee the servers will always be running, nor is there anything to say you will be compensated in any way if they are down.  Rolf gives out SB once in a while as a COURTESY if he feels the down time was enough of an inconvenience to warrant it.  Trying to tell him how much to give out goes along the same lines as trying to tell him when he should give it out.  It's really up to him and none of our business.

I'm not telling him that it is somehow not up to him. I'm just telling Bix that if he doesn't want the sleep bonus then don't use it but don't ruin it for other people too. 

I'm not telling him that it is somehow not up to him. I'm just telling Bix that if he doesn't want the sleep bonus then don't use it but don't ruin it for other people too. 

The point wasn't whether we should or shouldn't use sleep bonus, why should we be given sleep bonus every time something goes wrong? I don't see how it's ruining it for other people if this is only a suggestion.

If you don't like the fact you're getting SB from crashes,

I don't mind the SB from crashes. I just don't like people whining like little kids everytime the server crash and they had full sleep bonus and they think its the end of the world because someone else had used all their sleep bonus and its completely unfair that someone else received something which they didn't.

Like Vroomfondel says, it all evens out in the end.

I see your error.  You are getting over-concerned about removing SB completely.  Wulfgar was the only one to say that, and I imagine it's mostly because he too is tired of seeing new threads asking for extension of the SB beyond the 5 hour limit for when you get SB from crashes.  He actually enjoys and uses SB as much as any of us and appreciates any time he has some extra.

It has come up repeatedly for years now, and this is one subject that will likely not ever get changed.  The current system is fine, even if you don't always get extra SB because you were already full.  It attempts to compensate everyone on the server, p2p and f2p alike.

It's getting old to see threads that sometimes almost demand that they get a full 5 hours of SB somehow after a server crash, even if they already have 5 saved up.

Trying to set up different limits or types of SB depending on of there was a server crash or not gets complicated and for little benefit; you set a new limit and someone who has reached it will ask for another exception later on because you did it before.

And giving out sleep powders affects the market value of powders, not to mention it would mean giving something of RL value to free players unless you skip them in the formula for compensation.  That would take one more thing from f2p, who are really shorted enough to inspire them to pay, and it also would be complicated calculating who is currently paid up each time before awarding SB and restarting the server.

What we have now is nice when we get it and is easy for Rolf to implement as he sees fit, so for the most part it works.  Why start making it hard to handle and take more time to implement properly each time before restarting a server, when it would most likely cause even more arguments than the current system does now anyway?  I don't see any benefit for Rolf to make customer requested changes that will only open him up to more complaints and requests for the same thing.

Edited by Vroomfondel

I see no need to change the current Sleep Bonus cap and/or adjust for SB-capped characters that miss out on gifted SB in return for unexpected server downtime. This idea is no different than players complaining they cannot log on soon enough to burn off SB before Rite of Spring is cast on their server.