Sign in to follow this  
MasterEntaro

Horse Farm

How many horses should I be looking at requiring in my horse farm if I want to breed 5-speed horses for myself with maybe 1-2 spare?

You could do it with just 1 pair, if you are patient. However, the more you have breeding, the more chance you'll get of good traits to use to pass down to the next generation. 

More animals means more AH too.

You could do it with just 1 pair, if you are patient. However, the more you have breeding, the more chance you'll get of good traits to use to pass down to the next generation. 

More animals means more AH too.

Well the difficulty with one pair, is if one of them does die, you're left with a bunch of horses that will suffer with inbreeding nerfs. As I understand it, to be able to be assured of always having breed-able stock, around 3 breeding pairs at the 'top' is ideal.

Alternatively I guess, if you only breed the one pair and one dies, you can kill the other and all your horses will be 'blank' as far as their family tree is concerned and you can pick any two to resume the breeding program.

Well the difficulty with one pair, is if one of them does die, you're left with a bunch of horses that will suffer with inbreeding nerfs. As I understand it, to be able to be assured of always having breed-able stock, around 3 breeding pairs at the 'top' is ideal.

Alternatively I guess, if you only breed the one pair and one dies, you can kill the other and all your horses will be 'blank' as far as their family tree is concerned and you can pick any two to resume the breeding program.

Hmmm, so ideally 6 plus whatever I want to breed?  So say maybe 10 total?

I would get 4 males with at least 4 good traits and no bad traits also make sure the 4 have all the good traits between them if possible and about 10 females all different parents and go at it.

That's going to be tough since this is on a new server and also since they're going to be hell horses and not just regular horses.  I guess I'll just try with 3 of each and see how it goes.

Hmmm, so ideally 6 plus whatever I want to breed?  So say maybe 10 total?

If by breed, you mean use, then yes, that's what I was getting at, but if you meant breed, then I'm very confused :D