Sign in to follow this  
Eyesgood

Describe Your #1 Most Memorable Day In Wurm Online

Mid the ebb and flow of daily Wurm grinding, there are memorable days, events, or times which we all seem to hold on to.  Some are more memorable than others.  Some are the most memorable of all!

What is your most memorable day in Wurm?  Here's an opportunity to share it with the entire Wurm forum community.

My most memorable day in Wurm was the day when an entire server of players left for Independence - the crossing to Independence.

My real-life son, a good friend of mine, and myself labored to acquire and make boats, and pack for the crossing.  I remember my son decided he wanted a cog and he worked on it for days.  When the time came for us to head south in preparation for the crossing, he was behind schedule.  My friend and I decided to push on ahead to the crossing point and my son would follow as soon as the cog was finished (he wanted to do it himself).  We took our two sailboats containing everything we could possibly put in them, and sailed south.  It took us all that night and the next morning to reach our destination on the south shore of Jenn-Kellon.  I remember seeing ships of all sizes lined up along the shore as far as the eye could see.  I remember mayors of grand and glorious villages opening up their gates to allow anyone to have whatever they could carry.  I stayed in a comfortable little inn while I waited for my son.

He finally finished the cog and caught the east and south winds.  Once he arrived, he anchored next to my sailboat and we all waited for the announcement from Rolf that the passage south had been opened.  A few delays were expected and did occur, but finally the word came - Sail South to the New World!

It was like a boat race - everyone raised anchor and an armada of ships sailed further and further away from the shores of JKH.  I still remember thinking how I would never see those shores again, followed immediately by the expectation of the new map we would all call home.  What did it look like?  Would there be lots of shoreline?  A hundred thoughts accompanied a hundred ships.  

The crossing was not without incidents.  Many were thrown off of their ships.  Some lost everything they had.  But when the crossing happened, I remember seeing mountains, tall mountains.  One in particular reached for the heavens.  Do I go left, right, or straight?  I took to the right and sailed for what seemed like a day until finally discovering a cove in the SE corner of Independence.  There, I founded my first of many settlements in that fair land.

Nothing in my 4 years of playing this game has yet to compare to that most notable and memorable day!

When i found 3g in a mailbox at one of the starting towns i could not believe it. (Was turned into a GM and..well the rest is not important but i did not get to keep it, lol)

Edited by Kegan

Ive had so many great days...

Getting my knarr red and island finished are in the top 5 :P

In all my years of PvP - by far, even beyond all the fun I had on Wild, is the time in the Mongol Empire PMK defended against all 3 kingdoms in a joint raid.  

I am talking about 22 people (Mongols side) against 60, Mol-Rehan and Jenn-Kellon made an alliance and grouped up, then HotS showed up and joined in.  It's three kingdoms against one.  It was one the rarest time I've ever seen 80+ people in one local, especially on a PvP server.  The best part is that Avarga (the capital being raided) is located in a middle of a flat desert, so you can just look out and see this mass of people on horseback forming catapults, carts, paving a road.  You just watch it slowly creep towards the capital.  

We as Mongols realized quickly that there's no way to repair the damage that would be dealt, because in most raids you would grab bricks, repair walls, but you're up against 60+ people and several catapults, there's going to be damage all over.  So we made our choice to instead defend however possible with PvP.  We went out in the desert, we shot arrows, back and forth for an hour.  Just arrows flying all over the desert, and we manage to kill 3 of 4, but it's barely a dent in numbers.  Eventually the raiders assemble tall stone walls, archery is blocked, and we realize there's only one option left.

We grab the Orb of Doom, for those who don't know it's an Artifact on Epic/Chaos, it is like a small grenade that will damage all enemies around you in 5x5 with an "Infection" wound, but has a chance to backfire and just explode killing everyone even your own kingdom.  We mount up on horses, 22 of us, and we rush.  We even say in voice-chat it's a suicide mission, but we can at least hold their numbers down and respawn, come out again, and try more.  It comes as a shock to us that we rush into these 60+ players, set of the Orb, and it is just a massive slaughter.  

Just picture 20+ mounted riders going full-on into a crowd triple its size.  The raiders begin to fall over quickly from the Orb of Doom and our swords, we are just swinging at everyone on the path in the desert, trampling bodes, leaving corpses, just pushing right into them and even past them.  It's one the biggest fights I've ever seen in Wurm, and we kill over 50 players, and only manage to lose 3 of our own.  It's probably the biggest engagement and most deaths that ever happened in Wurm in 1 fight.  It was just amazing to see such a victory, even though we had to use an artifact, it was still crazy to be apart of 20 people going against triple the numbers and winning.  

Edited by Postes
  • Like 15

For me, the most memorable day was when I miraculously survived bad pvp. We were out in 3 sailboats as bl and got intercepted by Lomenar pmk (I think, might have been jk) in a full knarr. Everyone stupidly sailed away, separating. While they were chasing we asked for Doin' Stuff to come save us. After a 10 minute chase, Lomenar caught up and started killing us. First in my boat to die was Kellyt as captain, then Borken took captain and died, then sparkytaco I think, and died. I was the last left on the sailboat and they started attacking me. I quickly dropped low still trying to sail away, like 20%, drain life'd myself back up to 70% or so while trying to sail away more, then fell to dying again, at which point they suddenly turn around their knarr, without finishing me off, because Doin' stuff popped in local. Doin stuff then caught up to them and killed them all, while I healed up, collected some corpses and sailed home, amazed at how the ###### I didnt die.

I killed loads of people and stuff, but that was just so ###### lucky it was awesome. Also I think that was the day backdooring was invented on epic.

First time I experienced a raid ~ April/May 2008? I was JK in Rivendell 2 (the one by Independant settlers/fort mole landbridge). Back then I didn't live on deed, rather lived out in the hills below the IS fort/hill by a lake in a shack. From what I remember, it started off with Zarnibuddha and Topdog coming out of the woods from nowhere, and attacking us with their raging crocodile pet (we didnt have locks on our shack, so they made quick work of us). I tried to swim across the lake towards Rivendell, but IIRC, Zarni chased and finished me off :(

Respawned at Rivendell, and quiet afew more LO popped our local, and began to raid. They got pretty far in, I think they got across our moat, and got into our house area, they were 1 tall stone wall away from the token house. We managed to outrepair them, whilst getting support from Kyara/Valhalla, and they left (after many faceshots).

I didnt do any pvp, but it was exiciting for a newbie like me lol. Eventually they absolutely wrecked our town when they came back, so we converted to MR, as Kyara wanted us to pay them for future help against being harrased by LO. Afew months later, we get ransacked by Kyara, so we upped sticks and moved closer to LO (the MR capital). Then LO disbanded, HaP-Rivendell war started etc etc Another story for another day :D Wild was so much more fun back then :wub: , wish I could go back :(

• Like 1

I don't know if I can pick one instance that was my "most memorable" of Wurm ( I have a lot when I start to think about it).

* Fell down a noob trap, aka dropshaft with no ability to climb out, in my first week of play. This was right outside of NT on JKh. Of course, I had everything I owned on me (including the gate keys to my yard), so suicide was not an option (at least I thought it wasn't). I spent 4 or five RL days in that hole... and mined myself right out of it, taking breaks to beg passer-bys in local to drop me some food and water from the top of the dropshaft.

*The day Rolf ate a sammich and decided "let's flip the pvp switches on for the home servers".

*The day we carebears convinced Rolf that flipping the pvp switch was a bad idea.

*The day we all floated over to Indy from the homeservers.

*Dragon hunts slaughters have always been memorable. Landing the killing blow to the black dragon on Exo was probably most memorable of all the hunts slaughters.

Aside from specific circumstances, the most memorable thing of Wurm for me is the players. I've met a lot of good people in game. Some of the friendships I've made have even transposed into real life. When I think of Wurm, I think of those people and the events that we shared in game.

The day I decided that almost all of the PVP servers were choked with carebears (if you are not a carebear shutup this is not about you). 

So I decided to throw my god to the wind while I went on a robbery and horse killing spree of anyone I did not know or I knew I disliked (this might be about you so you do not need to shutup).

It became a special day when people blamed HOTS.

My first day on Wurm/Serenity.. walking out of Strongbox and just stopping for a second realizing how beautiful this game is.

My most memorable day was the last day of the JK Home server (directly before shutdown),

I walked back to my old deed (New Westport) from the starter town (called Newtown), to middle west.
I left behind the transfer stones - not even touching them yet - just to see one more time the place what we built with my friends.

It was 2.5 hours by walk on that huge server and of course, it was a challenging attempt to not die on the way. Spirit and tower guards become lazy and monsters wandering the area.

Every town was almost empty, robbed and destroyed, items dropped everywhere because they had no value at all now,

the whole thing was so apocalyptic.

When I reach our place, remembered to the good days and the challenging events we got there, then did suicide at the token :D

Several precious memories.

Wurm Beta, I loved that map, huge areas of deforestation, my little place on the mountain....NO Spiders, pigs and cave bugs were RARE. My first proper PvP encounter, I was doing really well until my foe remembered to put his armour on...

Gold 1, Finding a green dragon hatching behind my deed, it had a limited roaming area it couldn't escape, we could view it safely, but it didn't last long. :(

The introduction of Spiders and my I hate spiders rant on the forums, they used to one hit severe you then, there were 9 on the cliffs near my deed and it used to take several guard respawns just to deal with 1 spider.

Gold 2, New map and the initial mad rush to find clay before we starved after 24 hours, (we didn't start with a clay bowl then) found it and got a deed down, phew. Then they put clay at the start town, because people wernt finding any :D Then I took a break and came back about a month ago...

Chaos to Exodus

Came back from a long break to find my main character on Chaos with her Gold 2 equipment and stats intact minus a sword and pickaxe..still had the 95ql Spyglass, BoK and Ageless title tho :D to cut a long story short, made an alt and rescued her from that awful place...stressful 6 hours of sailing, but oh the relief to be off of Chaos.

Edited by Hailiah

The day I met Rosie <3

Edited by Suntzu
  • Like 2

I remember when i first played in independence and i was awestruct by the sight as i walked around and i saw my friend pick me up on a large boat in the east, The whole game is amazing in all, i honestly didnt mind the graphics back then and i loved all the freedom you get

The wurm day thats clearest in my strainer of a memory is problably today, or yesterday. But I do still remember that sweet lady who have me my first fishing rod back in beta. I still owe her bigtime for that one ;) even though she managed to excape chaos recently. Also the day I got 99 mining. the day I died shortly after and was reduced to 98.78. The first days of Gold one and two. The time we founded The Damned, come to think of it, there are many memorable days in wurm :)

• Like 1

I have a few, I'm not sure which is the most memorabe but there are a few moments that stick in my mind.   

1.   Fixing a tunnel to to top of the mountain next to Mithril Hall, and for the first time seeing all of MR lands.   I was a newbie, and hadn't really traveled that much.   

I was just curious where this tunnel went, so I just started fixing the collapses with another village mate.   We finally broke through and emerged out of the tunnel at the top and saw the increadible sight.   I have to say that more than anything impressed me.    After that I vowed to explore everything I could see, and since then I've also climbed Gedd's mountain and looked over that side of the map.  I have to say the view was impressive.   

2.   The opening of Epic and the formation of LO.    I was there when the very first PMK ever was established, and it is a memory I'll allways cherish.   The journey to the WL, the trek across the desert and building that first deed, and tower.   Rolf came in person, as we were having difficulty with the process.   It is one of the very few times I've ever seen his GM character in game.   

3.  The fall of MR control of the WL.    I was the very last defender of the WL island after Rolf changed it so we could no longer build that close to the WL.   If no one remembers the situation, it was like this.   JK at the time had all the artifacts, but MR had control of the WL.   The JK had possession of the artifacts for many years and kept them sealed away as trophies.   They were rarely if ever used in pvp.   Eventually due to the slow death of Wild, Rolf instituted a charging system for the artifacts.

Orignally the WL artifacts would have to be charged at the WL and vise versa.   So we spent months fortifying the island and as the hour of the cat approached, we pulled a 24 hour guard there.    Right before the deadline, suddenly Rolf switches it around, after he takes away any chance we have of fortifying the lights.   This pertty much took all the wind out of our sails and some even quit the server in disgust.  It was not a good time to be MR.    But I have to say I was the very last one at the WL before the JK showed up at 4 am EST to try and level what was left of our gatehouses.

I don't remember where this raid was, but it was a lot of fun.    MR and BL went out to bash a tower and Tony told the JK what we were up to to get them to come PvP.    This was Pre-champ nerf, and both sides had a few.    MR completely steamrolled into the JK and got several kills including Dragonpen.  Unfortunately for me, I was taken out by Saroman, Gavin, and Xallo's leet archery skills.  (Had no shield skill worth mentioning at the time) I had a lot of fun, and it was an awesome fight.    
Edited by Battlepaw
  • Like 2

Hmm it piles up to be quite a few such moments the longer one plays. First mountain jump, first sword, first monster kill, first raid, first pvp kill, smithing my first 90ql+ lock, popping my first 90ql lock, first caravel jacked from JKH... so on and so forth.

For me the most memorable was that first day: The First of Firsts.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

Probably at an old deed on Exodus, back when piles of dirt, when equipped in the hand, made you look exactly like a pile of dirt.

I had just made an alt but crucially I hadn't told anyone yet, and we were having a big village digging session. I got one person in on my plans and then launched the prank.

My poor villagers were shocked to find that the pile of dirt they had just tried to add to simply ran away! They tried to right click > open, but it ran off! Then, in true pantomime style, the guy in on the plans ran after it... we co-ordinated it perfectly that the pile of dirt/my alt was behind him at all times. 3-4 people all watching on in horror and screaming in village chat "IT'S BEHIND YOU!!!" as the said helper kept trying to turn around but I turned my alt with him, so it seemed like the dirt was constantly out of sight.

The pile of dirt then ran away again, having been eventually spotted after a few minutes of mid-March Pantomime, and hid, before climbing up the mast of a cog. The pile of dirt planned its next manoeuvre from this vantage point.

Having un-equipped the dirt pile, my alt, Henzy, then proceeded to run up to people and try to trade them mushrooms for their "á¼Î»Î¹ÎºÎ¯Î±" (life.) I had been learning some Greek at the time, and the alt only talked in Greek, while I pretended to be translating what he said back to the villagers. I deliberately left gaps though, pretending to not really know what my alt was saying, only adding to the panic as a pile of dirt morphed into an angry Greek demanding their souls in exchange for mushrooms.

Nobody caught on to the fact that it was my alt. Unfortunately, I don't have any screenshots of the moving piles of dirt; although I watched the whole thing from my main account as a second camera angle, I was too busy laughing/concentrating to hit F11. xD

Best prank I have ever done, I have never made a group of people so confused in my life, and for so long too (the whole episode lasted for over 30 minutes.) Best of all, they saw the funny side of it at the end of it all. :)

"What moving piles of dirt? Bler, are you sure? You must be going mad! I can't see any of them moving!"

"Me too, Doc! I can't see them moving at all! Bler, have you been drinking?"

Edited by Docterchese
  • Like 2

day i became hated by jkh best feeling ever

Edited by shankiest
  • Like 3

When Tonygreen was finally banned and I could roam around The Landing without getting spawn killed.

• Like 1

I remember the day Golden Valley was to be closed and turned into a tutorial server. That was the first and only server I had known up until that point. I had always heard about Freedom and Wild, always wanted to see these massive projects and markets the premium players had built. When I heard that Indy was to be opened up to freeplayers I was overjoyed.

During that last day, all the noobs were making pilgrimage to New Dawn, where the portal was located for us to have safe passage to Indy. Before making my way there, I looked at my pitiful little homestead. A 3x4 fenced area and a 2x2 house, built into a dugout on the mountain just East of HotS Lake. After arriving at New Dawn I took one last look at the sky. I knew I would miss that place... With a sigh of both sadness and anticipation for events to come, I stepped through the portal...

Upon arriving at the Howl, the very first thing I noticed Dragon Fang mountain. It was this giant spike of rock that reached out to touch Magranon in the sky. It was the biggest and most impressive thing I had ever seen in my Wurm life until that point.

I went into Freedom Market, browsed through the goods there. Bought myself a studded leather set and a crappy longsword, and set out to find a new place to call home...

Edited by whereami

In Alpha having a hut and trying to hermit near trolls (so much fleeing to water....), occasionally chatting with players from Mist

In Alpha When The Horde and Hammerfell went to war over gold and the fallout of towns like Mirkwood burning.

In Beta becoming a fo priest and being able to survive almost anything if I could get a heal in.

Gold 1 when we finished the Whosville Pyramid. :blink:

Gold 2 The formation of Mol Rehan and the trek to where Whosville was re-established then defending the building site against JK :D

Gold 2 Many PvP battles/wars some won, some lost, but lots of adrenaline regardless.

Edited by Gaeron

no clue what these pvp guys talkin about

Carebears.

Carebears everywhere.

:P

• Like 1