Sign in to follow this  
Rotab

Signature Finder For Freedom [Help, Wtb Logs!]

Hi!

The Freedom version is now live here, but more logs is always appreciated

I made a signature finder for Epic (original thread), but freedom would probably appreciate such a thing more.

The problem is that I don't have logs of freedoms chat, so I can't extract any player names.. Therefor I would appreciate if you could send me your chat logs (kchat, global, local, and even event). Simply upload them somewhere, for example to mega, and give me the link, either in here, or PM me.

The more logs I get, the more accurate it will be. :)

http://wurmfeed.rotabland.eu/signaturefreedom

Edited by Rotab

oh noes.. now i am on the interwebs

and

Awwww no more playing Wurm hangman...

Thanks to everyone that have sent me logs, but more logs is always appreciated. So far I've got almost 16000 players in the list.

I've put it the signature finder up here :)

• Like 1

Bumping this because this tool's fairly handy and it's getting buried in the subforum.

Perhaps a mod can/would move this over to the toolbelts section...

okay and what does it do exactly? 

Edit: I get that is tells you the name of like a boat's owner but not seeing how that is important to anyone..idk

Edited by Kegan

Edit: I get that is tells you the name of like a boat's owner but not seeing how that is important to anyone..idk

You are a newb. You don't have a deed yet. You have an inclosure (sm walls) with some animals inside. You log on one day to find a few of your animals dead, a few hurt, and also some arrows sticking out of the ground. You would like to improve those arrows to find out who the creator is (and possibly the culprit) but, alas, you are not premium and can only push it to the 20s.....

That is one example of many.  ;)

Vehicle owners already display the full name.

But yeah, sometimes people are just curious to see who made the item. It happens that people ask in kchat, and nobody has a clue.

Also what As_I_Decay said

You are a newb. You don't have a deed yet. You have an inclosure (sm walls) with some animals inside. You log on one day to find a few of your animals dead, a few hurt, and also some arrows sticking out of the ground. You would like to improve those arrows to find out who the creator is (and possibly the culprit) but, alas, you are not premium and can only push it to the 20s.....

That is one example of many.  ;)

If you're on freedom, and the animals were in an enclosure, don't pick up the arrows and call a GM. We don't need to imp the arrows to see the creator.

Bump because this tool is awesome, since its' been about 10 months maybe we could give more logs and get it updated further? :)

• Like 2

Is this site still supported? I'm getting bad gate way splash, not connecting. Use this a lot. Hope its not down for good.

Thanks

1 hour ago, TeeeBOMB said:

Is this site still supported? I'm getting bad gate way splash, not connecting. Use this a lot. Hope its not down for good.

Thanks

Same here ☹️

It looks like the epic chat reader is still working on the same domain: https://wurmfeed.rotabland.eu/

... so it must be an issue with the specific tool. Maybe try again later?

It wouldn't be the most difficult tool in the world to replace, if this can't/doesn't get fixed for whatever reason then I could spin up a replacement. Could also make it more useful too as we could add way more logs.

Alternatively, this seems like the sort of tool that could be added to Wurmnode: https://www.wurmnode.com/tools

• Like 1

Is there a replacement signature finder function somewhere? Where do we send our log files now? I am looking on Wurmnode, don't see a signature finder function there yet...

13 hours ago, TeeeBOMB said:

Is there a replacement signature finder function somewhere? Where do we send our log files now? I am looking on Wurmnode, don't see a signature finder function there yet...

It seems to be working fine now? So I don't think a replacement would be necessary. https://wurmfeed.rotabland.eu/signaturefreedom

what is the reason of this site? because i dont really understand

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2023 at 8:46 AM, Votip said:

what is the reason of this site? because i dont really understand

You enter a partial name, even copy line from ur event tab - and it returns possible matches from its database which maker name could be the solution.

So this site finds maker names for you - if you like don't have all the letters when u examine an item.

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2023 at 4:28 AM, Docterchese said:

It seems to be working fine now?

Great, so do I post my files here? So we can update the database? I was wondering where to post my log files at.

• Like 1

I didn't know this site was a thing, and have used it to find 5 signatures already on some random items - love it. 

Like TeeeBOMB says, I didn't see any place to update the database at all, no place for logs and what not even though it is working.