Sign in to follow this  
Leanthar

Two Problems

1) Java keeps crashing (I am running 7.2, the latest version and it is installed correctly, verified). Sometimes it crashes going in to the game and some times it crashes while I am playing in the game itself. Any idea?

2) I am in the tutorial, at the point where they are explaining the chat interface (/help etc.). I have done it told me to do but I don't know what to do now. The path is blocked off by two locked doors and fence all around me. I am at a dead end. What do I do now? I just want to get in to the game and out of the tutorial if possible.

Thanks.

well for java just downgrade to java 6,that has fixed it for me

You probably have to do something before the door gets unlocked eg right click something and exaime it or something like this.

For instructions click on the mission buttons on the left side of the HUD.

Also make sure you only have 1 version of java installed.  Usually causes problems when you have an older installation still in the background somewhere.

Wurm itself still thinks it's in that age old beta phase.. it has glitches and bugs.  Occasionally backing up your wurm folder (renaming to wurm online-backup or so) and uninstalling wurm via the java viewer window will help.  Reinstall wurm, when it loads the launcher, close wurm out.  delete the new wurm online folder and correct your old folder's name.  Run the launcher and try again.

Wurm just loves to corrupt itself and from what I've found that can be the cause of some crashes in and of itself.

I started using internet explorer 64 and that cured my crash problem

I use to ctd a lot trying to start wurm sometimes 3 or 4 times on the run then I installed  the 64bit java and its been fine ever since... computer has windows 8 on it

First thing I'd try is upgrading to Java 64 bit.

"You probably have to do something before the door gets unlocked eg right click something and exaime it or something like this. For instructions click on the mission buttons on the left side of the HUD."

I have right clicked on everything and I did the examine etc. I have reviewed the mission instructions numerous times but it does not help. There is nothing in my area so I don't know what I am missing.

"Also make sure you only have 1 version of java installed.  Usually causes problems when you have an older installation still in the background somewhere."

Nope. I checked. Only one version installed.

I am not running a 64 bit system so I don't think that will help me. Also...I went to uninstall Wurm and I don't have that option. How the heck do I uninstall the game so that I can try a re-install. That is crazy that I can't uninstall it via the normal means.

Edited by Leanthar

The only locked door I remember is at the spot where you have to use the cotton in your inventory to bandage a wound before you can proceed.