Sign in to follow this  
Yaga

Kos Not Working Properly In Alliances

There seems to be a problem with KoS management in allied villages.

This is how it probably is supposed to work for a single village: When a mayor puts someone on the KoS list that player will get a warning as soon as he logs in. During this time that particular KoS is "inactive" and any attempt to put him on KoS again will lead to the message: "... is already put up on the kos list, pending activation.". (The list itself is empty at this time.) After the person logs in and gets the warning, KoS will be active and he appears on the list. Also, you'll see the message "... will now be killed on sight." in Settlement History. Spirit templars will now attack him.

While this is a reasonable mechanism, Wurm currently seems to consider all villages of an alliance to be ONE village, as far as KoS is concerned (although KoS is NOT automatically effective for all villages in the alliance). That is why no mayor in the alliance can put a player on KoS as long as any other village still has him on "pending". In addition, the "pending activation" obviously des NOT queue, i.e. even if several mayors set him to KoS, he will not automatically appear on all of the KoS lists after he logs in.

He will only appear on the KoS list of the first village entering him when he was offline. So, in order to get him KoS'ed in other villages of the alliance, mayors have to to it one after the other!

This is probably not intended.

Been some months since I last tried to KOS anyone but when I tried the issue I ran into was the KOS not staying and disappearing like I never set them KOS the only way we could get them to stick was for the mayor of the capital to set the KOS.