Sign in to follow this  
Akiyama

Better Fish Storage

I would like to see a change to the storage of fish. Fish at the moment is pretty useless compared to meat, as it cant be stored, cooked or much of any thing else.

Idea: give fish the same property of meat. once in a FSB give it a generic item like "Fish 5kg..." just to keep it simple.

You should be able to cook fish and store it as well, then Filet them as needed. so Cooked Fish would be 5kg. and it would make 15 Fillets or something like that.

Requested endless amount of times (usually in the combination of a craftable smoking hut), but never the less very much needed.

Very handy for people who dont live close to water, they can go on a monthly fishing trip to restock their fishsupply up in the mountains

This idea a good candidate to put on UserVoice. I have the feeling some Dev doesn't like this and refuses to let it happen. So the only way to get it implemented is to force their hand with 100's of votes on UserVoice.

Fishing is unlimited so i could see an issue as opposed to hunting animals that roam and also have a.respawn time. Would a fish preservation method allow for higher supplies in which more players would skill cooking? Perhaps driving up demand for frying pans and vegetables? Interesting. not really sure how i feel about thos but for us mountain hermits it would be rather helpful to bring home a haul of fish and not worry about cooking instantly or decaying.

Fishing is unlimited so i could see an issue as opposed to hunting animals that roam and also have a.respawn time. Would a fish preservation method allow for higher supplies in which more players would skill cooking? Perhaps driving up demand for frying pans and vegetables? Interesting. not really sure how i feel about thos but for us mountain hermits it would be rather helpful to bring home a haul of fish and not worry about cooking instantly or decaying.

meat just walks up to your deed, you have to actively fish while you have meat delivered at your doorstep

+1 to fish storage O.o 

+1, salted fish is also an idea which brings up Salt should be more common

+1

I'd also like to keep live fish in my tub, and feed them with milled grain to fatten them up.

meat just walks up to your deed, you have to actively fish while you have meat delivered at your doorstep

+1 to fish storage O.o

which is just silly imo. I thought the latest update stopped them from walking into deeds? the deed im with has no templar so i cant tell.

which is just silly imo. I thought the latest update stopped them from walking into deeds? the deed im with has no templar so i cant tell.

its still buggy, there are still aggros walking in and dying in the border

+1 to fish storage .....i realy like the Smoking hunt idea's that have poped up from time to time but Salting fish is also a good idea, would give another use for Salt.

Pls let us store the fish we catch...Salting, Smoking or just plain cooking them and then put them into a FSB or BSB.

Perhaps once salted or cooked and ready for storage the fish cant be filleted(sp). it must ne prepared or eaten whole at that point? Hmm

Fishing may be unlimited, but so is hunting.  Fishing is very slow, and you may have to search for animals to hunt, but it is pretty much the same.  With the current spawn rates I can do a circle around my property and find more animals in an area I cleared an hour earlier.  Since you can store cooked meat, no reason not to be able to store fish.  Dried and salted was always the best way before refrigeration (or make lutefisk, using lye).

Edited by Vroomfondel

I dont know how fishing in high level works but I see my priest friends dump like thousand of fishes in a day I kinda questioning if these fishes are storeable, will it make meats obsolete. Of course, I hasn't counted how many of these fishes are way a lot smaller than a fillet..

I dont know how fishing in high level works but I see my priest friends dump like thousand of fishes in a day I kinda questioning if these fishes are storeable, will it make meats obsolete. Of course, I hasn't counted how many of these fishes are way a lot smaller than a fillet..

You can get a lot of fish, true. But it takes hours to get that many fish. Hours of standing there and clicking

Better fish storage? Id like to have just fish storage...

Anyways, aye akin to cooking meat for fitting into a food bin, it would be awesome to be able to salt, smoke, or cook fish for the same kind of storage.

coughbuccancough

took me 6 hours properly hunting for 600 meats.. so 100 meats per hour. If fishing not absurdly far from that, sure :) .