Sign in to follow this  
Zivirt

Add A Confirmation To 'teleport' Ability On Path Of Insanity

Well, after a lovely experience tonight, I've realized how great it would be for there to be a confirmation box or something of the sort to make it so teleporting isn't just instant, and requires some sort of comfirmation, so misclicks aren't possible. I can't be the only person to have accidentally clicked it and ended up in a bad situation :P

• Like 5

+1 from me i've nearly misclicked whilst healing multiple times haha

I'm not even path of insanity and i've always thought it was crazy (pun intended) that the ability is instant, with no warning, and in such an easy place to click. I assume people use their "fill" ability often enough to make teleport incredibly dangerous.

+1 from me

I think it's intended as a drawback to insanity path. hahaha 

+1 from me too.

Whilst I'm not insanity any more I remember accidently teleporting and ending up across the server in water. Wasn't enchant given a timer for the same reason, because people kept accidenlty enchanting things?

5-10sec timer or a window with yes/no sounds good

Add 10% chance of confirmation not working. Its insanity after all :P

• Like 5

This suggestion seems to be reducing the insanity of the path of insanity!

Although in reality it doesn't affect me at all, so I won't oppose it.

-1, yes i am on insanity path btw

How about having all the path powers in a sub-menu named "Path", like all the nature actions are in a "nature sub menu"

• Like 3

i vote it should have a 50% chance to randomly activate instead of any other action

"oh let me just go mine some iron.."

"woops i'm in the middle of an ocean"

i vote it should have a 50% chance to randomly activate instead of any other action

"oh let me just go mine some iron.."

"woops i'm in the middle of an ocean"

Could link it to the visions, turn around, see Pus, suddenly teleport (1% chance).

Edited by Elen

Thought about it and I withdraw my -1.

Edited by leaf

Lots of things that should have a longer timer or popup confirmation box if you want to start adding them.  Accidently enchanted any trees lately?  Repaired something you were trying to destroy with a maul?

telephoning to a random tile on the map is a bit more....dangerous than repairing a lil bit of damage, btw since repairing is a timed action, you can use the STOP command bound to a key (Default Esc!) you cant stop teleporting

+1

In carebear land this may just result in you going for a swim. On a pvp server it can be quite a bit more interesting.

The path skills either need a confirmation, a submenu, or a timer so you can cancel in case of misclick.

I have wasted so many Get Info uses while farming.

Insanity.... but +1 on stuff like that, not only teleport.

They just need these brand newly invented GUI elements called "menu separators". And by brand new I mean 25+ years ago. Seriously, add a little null space between those menu items and 1-pixel misclicks can no longer kill you or pour instead of drink your water, or drop instead of light your lantern.

to all you people saying -1, how many of you are on a pvp server? its not as big a deal to accidentally teleport on independence, but on chaos, theres always that chance that you'll teleport into the local of multiple people right outside of an enemy village. i don't see how it would be a big deal, or any negative effects in adding a little timer, or a confirmation.

big +1 we need a seperate path submenu for all powers imo. All paths have this problem with misclicks wasting their powers, teleport is just the worst as it can cost people their lives and gear.

It IS insanity, so give it a yes or no option, then make it teleport you either way :P

• Like 1

It IS insanity, so give it a yes or no option, then make it teleport you either way :P

+1 to a confirmation window where the Yes/No commands are randomly switched.

-1 I guess lol, or that is not really insanity