Sign in to follow this  
warrior

Shield Skillgain

anybody else noticed that this is way slower than it used to be? also fighting sub skills seems to be slower too?

And not to mention mind speed, which hardly moves at all?

Was playing around a bit with it and I can't get near the same results as I used to get.

Seems this should be fixed to help encourage newer players to pvp

thoughts/opinions (this isn't all in my head is it?)

Shieldskillgains and stance gains were nerfed because people were AFK training on calves afaik

essentially what Aether said.

The vets got they skill up afk watching movies in pens with weak animals.

You and I, we're going to work for it. :D

alrighty, well maybe the suggested idea is that animals give more shield skillgain for say the first 1 minute of fighting, that way we'll get more from just legitimate fighting?

• Like 1

Or keep 60 cows and shieldtrain each one for 1min per day

Don't really see the issue in that if the whole idea was to prevent afk?

Wait! What? training shield old school way doesn't give skill now? WTF lol

I didnt trai shield for a while now, but was that just nerfed? didnt see it in any patch/update notes being said.

yep.. and another window of oportunity gone:/ , wonder how many more i'll miss:/

atleast make the shields not take so much freaking dmg, if i'd need to go skill for shield on wild animals i\d have to bring 3 shields with me that's just ridiculous!

Edited by viruskiller

this is really stupid why ###### newer players over like this, also seems that u cant gain anything at all on deed?

yet another fully retarded not needed change that just causes inbalance #%#!##!

Edited by pierre93
  • Like 2

lower the gain to prevent afk training?

Seems to me that its more likely to be afk trained if its slower, strange way to prevent it.

• Like 1

Yea, the skill is really bad now. I tried training on my horses like I had in the past but an entire hour of rotating didn't even get me .5 skill at 75 sub shield. The ticks were small and infrequent, and stopped completely if I used the same animal for more than a minute or so.

I also went to BLH and had to kill about 40 trolls over the weekend. I blocked a ###### ton and they broke 4 of my shields lol, yet I didn't even get .5 skill out of that, either. It seems too nerfed across the board, IMO. I raised my weapon skill 75-90 in a week and to do that with my shield appears that it would take several months.

Edited by Versai

When did this happen? I trained one of my accounts from 0-70 in a week one month ago or something. Not even playing fulltime.

Just so we have some numbers here at around 30-35 lms im gaining 0.01 per min with SB and 78coc. As for the nerf it has been brought up and im pretty sure it was done awhile back(as in years not months). The above was from about a month ago. As for what you did sharkin, sounds pretty insane....

1 week game time > 1 day (24hours) for me, if i strecht it i think. 24 hours would get me 24*60 0.01s so 14.4 skill. So 30-45 in 1 week.... and tht would be all i do...with sb.....yeah....

Edited by Blob

Yup, took my shield to try and wolia, 15 mins training on cow, not even 1 tick. Great job Rolf, you screwed up archery, now screwed up shields, w8ing for the next server restart where you get 20 fs only training on the doll, and after that (20+) you gain 0.02 fs per champ animal killed, same as it is now 70+. As really, vets crying its too bloody fast for noobs to fain fs, and that would also increase pvp. Just imagine the numbers invading enemy lands looking for pray to kill. would be so awesome!! Might even throw that one up to suggestions sub for you.

Try aggresssive stance and using a low ql shield if you ain't already

• Like 2

Just so we have some numbers here at around 30-35 lms im gaining 0.01 per min with SB and 78coc. As for the nerf it has been brought up and im pretty sure it was done awhile back(as in years not months). The above was from about a month ago. As for what you did sharkin, sounds pretty insane....

1 week game time > 1 day (24hours) for me, if i strecht it i think. 24 hours would get me 24*60 0.01s so 14.4 skill. So 30-45 in 1 week.... and tht would be all i do...with sb.....yeah....

78 coc... No wonder your ticks are so low! Dude 90 coc+ or tell it to go away

• Like 1

0-50 was ok 2 moths ago on Epic at least. I did it without SB on horses, defensive stance, took some hours but definitly doable. Now above 50 skill I don't get eny gains from horses and cows anymore but hunting seems to give a bit better gains. Still will take forever to get 70 skill.

But as Exor says, making it slower to grind is not a good way to prevent AFK training, it will only make people AFK more. I would vote for increased skillgain from actively fighting something.

Maybe give less or zero skillgain above 20 skill if you are not using a weapon and reduced skillgain in defensive stance?

Not to mention that slowing skillgain for new guys makes the gap between them and 3 year old accounts on epic even bigger, hence - slows down whole "getting into pvp" process.

Edited by Arkhir

Yeah a massive change needs to happen to shield skillgain imo, I went hunting on BLH the other weekend and after killing countless animals(probably more than 600) I gained less than .5 sub skill. I am at 57 sub, that is complete and utter bull**** Rolf, how do you expect anyone to be able to catch up with the players that got to afk grind for hours on end and have well over 70 sub shield skill? Please fix this.

78 coc... No wonder your ticks are so low! Dude 90 coc+ or tell it to go away

Isnt that just a 12% difference if even that,wouldn't explain anything.

Edited by Blob

Bump

Anyone on epic knows how much of a hassle it is to get skill in any shield skill. Add on top of that the people who have 70 or higher in multiple shield sub skills and I see a major imbalance in power.

If you don't want people AFK grinding for hours on horses Rolf then remove major skillgains on them and creatures like them (cows, bison, etc). Not on all of the creatures, bring it back to normal for the rest or perhaps just bears and above since it isn't feasible to AFK grind on a bear. I don't know how you want to do it or what would be best but it needs to change.

I'm on Epic and I know it's not a major hassle...  When I grinded every shield to 50, I just sat in defensive and it took 2 days each.  When I'd hunt, I'd get 0.5 or so large metal and I got that to 91.  Just recently I grinded small wooden from that 50 to over 70 in a matter of days, using just a horse.  I even started grinding up an alt from boredom as being a priest, did shield skill from scratch and it's still easy.