Sign in to follow this  
Saddist

Stop Pvp Until.,.

Pvp needs to be stopped until the memory leak is addressed. It pretty stupid that raiders are draining deeds and people can't defend properly, or when players are defending the raiders keep disconnecting too.

It's a nightmare, when raiders reach local my FPS drops below 1, the only way I can fix it is to relog. Not good under any situation.

We have a refresh option in console, maybe a memory flush option would be advantageous as well.

• Like 2

dont know who your fighting against, but here on elevation all that needs to happen is a person crashes cause of it, someone on there side says he disconnected or the fact we notice that they did, and we dont attack them.

Perfect example was i believe hellfang was on vessa's deed with all of MR, As we went in to fight he crashed, we ignored him till he reconnected. Before we got to them and archery started i crashed, My guys said i crashed and i didn't get shot at.

Stopping PVP is grinding the servers to a halt, Thats dumb.

• Like 2

Stopping pvp means stopping the server pretty much.

PvP server without pvp would be pretty much another freedom

I agree deeply i started having this problem a month agoto be honest... I could care less for the features of 1.1 right now. I rather would want to see the leak fixed for once... I never had a problem with wurm and i now cant play as often without getting mad. Seriously i havent heard about it being worked on or anything i and others i can guarentee agree they also think this is a major bug / problem

• Like 1

everyone says it and it worked miracles for me:

Java 64 bit

• Like 3

i crashed maybe 15 times in 30 minutes when raiding.. download 64bit java and i haven't crashed since (been in strongbox too)

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by KaiH, June 2, 2013 - trolling
Hidden by KaiH, June 2, 2013 - trolling

Stop PvP until permanently. It's a waste of time. :P

Even on the freedom server users are having the same issue even with the right Java.

Stopping PVP when this problem has been around forever is nonsensical and a kneejerk reaction at best. Surely there is a way to reduce the huge amounts of memory that this game hogs without breaking something else?

Just fix it por favor. I'm not getting issues since I switched to 64-bit java, but not everyone has a 64-bit OS.

even people with new higher end PC's running 64bit windows and 64 bit java 7 are having problems and at the very least having much fewer frame rates under the same conditions as pre 1.0 wurm. Something fundamental has shifted, broken, given out or is in the way and it has varying effects with varying degrees of impact but is felt in one way or another by all. This simply must be fixed as it is a game changer (ender) for most and their patience is running out. 

Edited by Joanavon
  • Like 1

buy a better computer.

This is clearly not the case. Unless my issue is different than OP's, I still crash when boarding a cart (memory dump blah blah blah).

Stopping PVP is not the solution.

Java 64 bit

This.

• Like 1

Java 64 bit

This. I don't play on PVP servers, but this fixed the crashing anyhow.

I play on 64bit and I have a 4month old very shiny purpose built gaming rig and Wurm is still RIDICULOUSLY unstable. I certainly am not crashing out every 10-15min as some people do, but I do have to relog regularly to maintain a reasonable FPS and also suffer occasional game freezes and crashes. I would highly recommend Rolf make improving the client's playability before ANYTHING else at all. Right now he's losing customers that don't have monster PC's that cant struggle through the mess that is the current Wurm client. Its really bad for the game any way you look at it.

Edited by Emoo
  • Like 6

I've had a few slight freezes during pvp but completely stopping it is not the answer.

I play on 64bit and I have a 4month old very shiny purpose built gaming rig and Wurm is still RIDICULOUSLY unstable. I certainly am not crashing out every 10-15min as some people do, but I do have to relog regularly to maintain a reasonable FPS and also suffer occasional game freezes and crashes. I would highly recommend Rolf make improving the client's playability before ANYTHING else at all. Right now he's losing customers that don't have monster PC's that cant struggle through the mess that is the current Wurm client. Its really bad for the game any way you look at it.

v1.1 will not be released unless the client performance upgrades have been successfully developed. They are that important. :3

• Like 1

v1.1 will not be released unless the client performance upgrades have been successfully developed. They are that important. :3

Yeah the performance upgrades are very important I completely agree however the rest of the stuff included in 1.1 should be secondary and chances are the things that get brought in then will only cause MORE problems.

I had issues around the release of 1.0 and found out I had a hidden old version of java. Haven't had any issues with wurm since. -1 to the topic since I believe it is a problem on the users end.

"OMG! Something is broke! Stop the pvp!"

Riiiiiight, good luck with that :P

I dislike crashing whilst mobs are attacking me, can we stop the respawning of mobs until crashes get fixed? >:D

Java 7 64-bit installed, played for 3 hours yesterday without a single freeze. Several times had between 5 and 10 ppl in local during that time on Elevation. In the end animations were a slide-show but framerate was still good.

Definitly alot better than before (Java 6, 32 -bit). 3 hours is not enough to say all problems are gone but I'm sure I would have had at least one freeze during that time with 32-bit Java. Animiations are not reliable still. They work ok for a while but then starts to slow down over time.

Just for reference. Has this been stickied? If not it should be.

Seems like I'm having trouble to get wurm run 64bit java. I made a .bat file to fix that and it seems I'm not getting anymore crashes.

Open a .txt file and copy and paste this into it. Then resave it as a .bat file. Doesn't matter what you call it. Just open it and you're good.

"C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\Javaws.exe" -J-Xmx3000M http://www.wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient_unstable.jnlp
pause

Note: The 3000M is the memory. Can just do 2000M. If you crash, just increase. This is for unstable. If you use stable, just remove the _unstable part.

Source: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/80900-5132013-out-of-memory-crashes/?p=806786

Also to note that it is a memory leak, that means it works like a snowball effect. The longer you are logged in the worse its going to get so if you notice you've been on for a bit and you start to lag try restarting before it becomes a problem. 

Edited by Fabled

dont know who your fighting against, but here on elevation all that needs to happen is a person crashes cause of it, someone on there side says he disconnected or the fact we notice that they did, and we dont attack them.

Perfect example was i believe hellfang was on vessa's deed with all of MR, As we went in to fight he crashed, we ignored him till he reconnected. Before we got to them and archery started i crashed, My guys said i crashed and i didn't get shot at.

Stopping PVP is grinding the servers to a halt, Thats dumb.

Canadian PvP?