Sign in to follow this  
Zohnar

Lets Play Wurm...?!

Hey everyone. I been doing some minecraft letsplays but been wanting to delve into lots of others games and I recently got the consent and blessing of Rolf to do stuff with Wurm.

I am hoping to do a letsplay but to also do tutorials and sight seeing videos and maybe if there is time a machinima about...something...maybe a drama who knows.

My question here is what kinda videos would you want to see that are all about Wurm? Were should I go, what should I see, and what should I do when I get there. Also if I did tutorials what should they be about...should I grab someone who knows everything about said skill to talk about it or should I just throw everything at the wall and see what sticks after some research. There is a lot that needs to be done but I want this series of videos to be something for us and you the community of wurm. Something to show off what the games about so that you can show your friends who are on the fence of playing to say "Hey...this is what its like"

At the moment I dont have premium but shortly when production starts I plan to throw coinage at that. I also am currently living on Exodus and thanks to a death a few days ago I am currently hanging around the Spawn area as I dont belong to any particular deed.

When all is said and done I hope to have produced many videos showing off wurm from some of the best visual locations to the greatest built deeds to some funny letsplaying to everything else in between.

All videos will be recorded in full 1080p at a nice quality for youtube as well as playing wurm at its top most possible graphics at all times. Iv already tested and things game out well. I do plan to do more internal tests though. If ya like to see a video I created as a test a few weeks ago take a look at this. (Its a simple showoff of a location with no music and no commentary and was 40mins of film compressed to 20..Rather boring in my opinion but was to see about actual video quality. Was also shortened using WMM which I no longer use cus it rather sucks lol.) 

I hope to hear from ya guys and see what yall want for videos. If you want to be a part of this also just poke me I also looking for help.

Edited by Zohnar
  • Like 1

I would like to see some tours of some of the more elaborate and monumental creations in wurm. Such as puzzle plaza.the old wild mega deeds, some of the public canals etc.

A montage of all the things in Wurm that make no sense. Here's one: Food can get to the "Glowing Hot" state. Might be something fun and entertaining to watch :P

Easily a series on how easy it is to find a spot to build when you start playing.

• Like 2

you should make some honest wurm gameplay vids e.g. 2 hours of repeatedly clicking "mine" on a cave wall

then part II could be 2 hours of turning all the rock shards into bricks

• Like 1

actually since wurm is so slow, timelapse Videos of People building or terraforming something always look nice ;)

• Like 1

I know about that one already I am just telling him what I know he will see new players saying all the time.

Thanks for the suggestions of what should be done. Still want more hehe.

I plan to do plenty of timelapse videos and if yall really want ill entirely record us looking for a place to build. Still looking for people who would be willing to help out with the series such as giving me a tour of a location or an entire server. I wana find a place to settle down before recording and then ill just do a single scripted episode of me and who ever im with finding the location.

I will be certain to do videos on epic servers and do some pvp at some point. If I have too may do multiple letsplay series.

Once again thanks for the suggestions keep throwing them my way. Also if anyone wants to be a part of this just ask and tell me why.

I can show you around Inde if you end up there.

At the moment I am in Exodus but I will start on any server that I can get too. Unfortunately im in the spawn area in Esert right now and my sailboat is up in the north. So if anyone wants to help me get up there that be great...or you can donate a boat to me cus your just all so nice. :)

And thanks for pointing that guy out I may contact him.

At the moment I am in Exodus but I will start on any server that I can get too. Unfortunately im in the spawn area in Esert right now and my sailboat is up in the north. So if anyone wants to help me get up there that be great...or you can donate a boat to me cus your just all so nice. :)

And thanks for pointing that guy out I may contact him.

when im online you can catch me on my main or "recording account" via irc in the channel  #Notsodirt-Youtube"

Edited by Notsodirt

when im online you can catch me on my main or "recording account" via irc in the channel  #Notsodirt-Youtube"

Awesome. What times are you normally online?

I just got my new headphones today as well as the popfilter for the microphone thats still in the mail. backorder of it ment its coming right from manufacturer. So hopefully soon ill be doing some vids.

You can take a trip around Deli from me if you want, heck even Chaos xD

Great to see someone wanting to do Wurm letsplays :3

I started doing Videos about Wurm Online aswell, mostly about our new Settlement Zwergenbucht on Desertion with roughly 30-40 aktiv people. The videoseries is in german tho (like the settlement).. however if youd like to take a look around the safety harbor bay area or the progress we made in a weeks time (check the difference between "ende mai" and "anfang juni") your more then welcome to take a peak.

Well im willing to film in any location I can get to but right now I am stranded on Exodus and still in esert. Personally id love to start with the newest servers and work my way to the older ones. showing in a way the timeline of wurm...though I could start the other way around. begin in the oldest and move to the newest.

What yall think I should do? Old to New or New to Old...also would someone be willing to help me get there lol.

Well im willing to film in any location I can get to but right now I am stranded on Exodus and still in esert. Personally id love to start with the newest servers and work my way to the older ones. showing in a way the timeline of wurm...though I could start the other way around. begin in the oldest and move to the newest.

What yall think I should do? Old to New or New to Old...also would someone be willing to help me get there lol.

New to old, go south over the border to Celebration and start from there. :3

There's an impalong in Celebration this weekend, lots of people will be traveling to the server so you could probably arrange a lift easily. You could even cover the event too.

Thats not a bad idea. How and were does the impalong begin. I could actually live stream it over twitch. the program I use to record can both record to PC and to twitch.

Hit up some of the more elaborate deeds. Nothing wrong with the smaller ones but always cool to see some of the bigger building projects.

Go to the decaying down trodded deeds..talk about inflation, price hikes.. migration of players away from..let the masses know...

my opinion i check youtube under "wurm" everyday on my phone and once a month usually some new guy trying make a tut or guide on wurm.,...then they quit after second or third video....or better yet they arn't active in uploading...please don't bring disappointment if you aren't going be dedicated to it. More of personal issue but pisses me off see so many tut videos and then they say come back for more and then never do.....

EDIT: of course if you do stay active you have my support and will gladly watch any your videos

Edited by shankiest

my opinion i check youtube under "wurm" everyday on my phone and once a month usually some new guy trying make a tut or guide on wurm.,...then they quit after second or third video....or better yet they arn't active in uploading...please don't bring disappointment if you aren't going be dedicated to it. More of personal issue but pisses me off see so many tut videos and then they say come back for more and then never do.....

EDIT: of course if you do stay active you have my support and will gladly watch any your videos

Its understandable cus it does suck when you watch a letsplay or a video series of something and its no constant or worse is continued. I dont plan to have a wurm video out every single day and some weeks might be absent but my goal is to publish videos every day of something. But I dont plan to just do a couple videos and stop. Iv been playing Wurm off and on sense it only had wild and indie. So once I do begin I plan to keep doing them for as long as people enjoy watching them.

My channel has had a blackout in videos recently but thats due to waiting for my new microphone which I just got in the mail today. I also tend or used to tend to only record on weekends but that will change soon cus I plan to also live stream gameplays as well including a eve online corp tournament thats happening someday soon.

All I can say is that once I start doing the vids ill be doing them for as long as people love to watch em. Im just the recorder...its up to you guys to help me figure out what I should point my cameras at.

• Like 1