Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

New Tall Stone Wall Sections

I had this posted in the suggestion for castle doors but it really needs its own topic i think. I would like to see a few new sections added to tall stone walls every other fence/wall has its own gate except the tall stone wall and i think they should have their own. I have used my paint shop to mock up a few examples of a simple gate that could be added and think they both look nice.

I don't have one made up but an arched type without the door might be nice too have also for a simple pass through like into courtyards or something. If nothing else we at least need the gate there are times where a 1x1 house just does not work well and this seems like a simple enough request anyway.

qUMTqot.jpg

eEFU8SU.jpg

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 3

1+

and it would be nice to have tallstonewall-housewalls, so it doesnt look odd when connecting houses with those walls :o

• Like 1

1+

and it would be nice to have tallstonewall-housewalls, so it doesnt look odd when connecting houses with those walls :o

The boarders on the stone houses should be made into the tops of the tall stone walls that would make more sense then the wood anyway and i think it would look better too.

Edit: or at least like you say give us the option for that type of wall on houses.

Edited by Kegan

+1 tho i would prefer another option you didnt suggest. The gate should be arched wall really, but with the iron/steel bars, not the doors. That way it would look like a proper gate, not like house door. and wouldnt be hard to do too, basically taking arched wall template adding the bars on it (bars would lift up to animate it) and making its top like you did combining it with the line of tall stone walls.

Edited by Dboy

+1 tho i would prefer another option you didnt suggest. The gate should be arched wall really, but with the iron/steel bars, not the doors. That way it would look like a proper gate, not like house door. and wouldnt be hard to do too, basically taking arched wall template adding the bars on it (bars would lift up to animate it) and making its top like you did combining it with the line of tall stone walls.

Some People might not want others looking into the area and would prefer the wood but i have no troubles with a iron tall stone gate option either really.

I am fine with anything that keeps the top section but adds the pass-through a gate gives that only takes up the tile boarder and not the whole tile like making a 1x1 gatehouse does. 

Close iron gates(not fence bars) would be nice too :D I wonder what happened to those Castle parts Saroman was working on...:o

Close iron gates(not fence bars) would be nice too :D I wonder what happened to those Castle parts Saroman was working on... :o

Yeah, a solid steel/iron version of a gate would be cool too.

Last time I asked one of the art team I asked if it was intended that both house walls AND tall walls were updated, yet they still didn't match up. I got the response that it was on the to-do list or something like that.

I really hope they will get around to it because tall walls next to house walls looks stupid.