Sign in to follow this  
Skyhawk

Balance?

SO, since Domming uniques is now harder, zombifying them is also tougher to maintain balance, right?

Don't be foolish, you don't get balance in this game

zombies only last 24h whilst domming can be done aslong as the mobs lives. hows that for ballance

• Like 2

Edit: Oh it's not worth it, I should have just ignored it in the first place :P

Personally I think they should have buffed zombifying instead of nerfing dominate :P

My point, Hordern, is that each spell does not exist in a vacuum, and by tweaking changes many interactions.

There exists 2 possibilities. Either the spells are now considered to be in balance between the different deities and factions and their creative applications are left to the players, or they are not and a team needs to be put together to test out their "ratings", present findings, and put them on even terms. The current system is too arbitrary and not good for the reputation of the game.

zombies only last 24h whilst domming can be done aslong as the mobs lives. hows that for ballance

yes, but if you hit a dommed mob a few times, it can break it and turn on the master, zombies won't do that.

yes, but if you hit a dommed mob a few times, it can break it and turn on the master, zombies won't do that.

yes you hit it and they lose control of it but it continues pursuing its current target... and also zombies only last 24 hours and can be killed by genesis in one cast.

Furthermor dominating was previously (and may still be) over powered as seen by dominating white dragon with low channeling

I'm tired of seeing this domination vs. Zombification cat fight. If its such a big game breaker to fight over just remove both of them. Then nobody is happy or OP

Except for you who don't have to deal with either dominated or zombie creatures attacking JKH.

Zombifying uniques was already difficult, Dominating them is harder, but you can use the unique, which there is only one of per server, as many times as you want until it dies.

My point, Hordern, is that each spell does not exist in a vacuum, and by tweaking changes many interactions.

I'm tired of seeing this domination vs. Zombification cat fight. If its such a big game breaker to fight over just remove both of them. Then nobody is happy or OP

And yet my point is still missed.

If you got rid of both spells, then the power level of both Mag and Lib decline compared to Vyn and Fo, which now also bumps the overall power level of JK over MR and BL. Wurm is never going to be "serious" until problems like this are addressed.

You can have mag priests as JK, and Fo and Vynora priests as MR.

I don't see any reason for rebirth to be made harder against uniques when you only get one attempt, and a zombie unique can be killed by a 9 second cast.

He's right there are priests of mag, fo, and vyn as well as the usual cave dwelling lilbia priest alts. Mrh no doubt has the same set up.

But JK can't have Mag champs and MR cannot have Vyn / Fo champs. It's a complicated interaction that needs attention beyond "Spell A seems OP so nerf it". How do they even know if that was the optimal solution? Is it possible that giving rebirth and genesis a chance to break dom and turn it back on the master would have been a better solution?  Rebirth doesn't necessarily have to be made harder, that was a rhetorical question. 

I have been playing Wurm a long time, and most of the "adjustments" have been Reactive - there needs to be a group working on this to get ahead of the curve, otherwise most changes will be basically arbitrary and potentially cause more damage than good. 

-should LT or venom work on zombies?

-should FA work on lava fiends?

SO, since Domming uniques is now harder, zombifying them is also tougher to maintain balance, right?

Yep, it was nerfed like 5 years ago, mag just got caught up, welcome to wurm online, enjoy your stay.

You can have mag priests as JK, and Fo and Vynora priests as MR.

I don't see any reason for rebirth to be made harder against uniques when you only get one attempt, and a zombie unique can be killed by a 9 second cast.

One attempt, but unlimited corpses as they keep spawning.  We've easily killed like 30+ Valrei spawns of mixed varieties in the last week alone, just on Ele.  Killed by a 10 second cast, with a high faith requirement and a 30 minute cooldown.

On the same note though, 2 mag priests with high soul strength and channeling tried oh, around 350-400 attempts at dominating the troll king post nerf, and we gave up instead.  Going from incredibly hard, to near impossible.  Balance, mmmm. 

There exists 2 possibilities. Either the spells are now considered to be in balance between the different deities and factions and their creative applications are left to the players, or they are not and a team needs to be put together to test out their "ratings", present findings, and put them on even terms. The current system is too arbitrary and not good for the reputation of the game.

The point you seem to not realise in the OP is that balance is what this change to dominate was about.