Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Dominate Made Harder

• Many players agreed that the dominate spell was overpowered against uniques, so it is now a lot harder to use against those
  • Source crystals now has the same price as source salt and give 30 karma instead of 10.
  • The quality level bonus for using rare items have been tweaked and will change a bit again next update.

View the tumblr article

why jumping on totally nerfing something instead of trying to balance it in small increments, could make it a bit harder now, see what happends and if is still to easy make it a bit more and so on.

what is this " a lot harder mean" is it 3x harder, 10 x harder or 100x harder? 

what happends if i try really hard and dominate one, will dev's listen again to the whiners and come with another nerf or what?if is intended for it to be possible, why not clearly state that, and there was never any pool on this, it was just a suggestion topic where some say it was too easy and some didn't.

Edited by viruskiller
  • Like 2

I hope rare items were reverted, not... "tweaked". I don't think there was any problem with the bonus they gave. It was useful without being too overpowered.

Edited by Wiro

Saw no mention of Valrei being able to be dominated or zombies, that was part of the discussion too.

Same story as always I guess

Edited by Bart

duno about others but dominating a son of nogump is kinda imposible, imo they hit too hard(killed a horse in 1 hit) and run to fast to be worth the risk of trying to dominate one:/

• Many players agreed that the dominate spell was overpowered against uniques, so it is now a lot harder to use against those

The ''whiners'' agreed. I hope you did some testing before this nerf. As far as I know the people who can dominate those things worked hard for it.

Edited by Sharkin
  • Like 8

The ''whiners'' agreed. I hope you did some testing before this nerf. As far as I know the people who can dominate those things worked hard for it.

It was approx 1 in 100 before nerf, that's difficult imo, wonder what it is now.

Edited by Bart

most whines win i guess :P and meditation enlightment is bugged.

i had my source crystal ready for trader leech

logged back in and it was 0.03c instead of 11s

boooo :(

once again they who scream the loudest on the forums get what they want. be it needed or not. gj rolf keep breaking your game like always.... how about next you make 90ql stuff worse than 1ql... cause thats just unfair that some people can make them and other's can't ;).

to make this clear i've been on both sides of the dominate zombie discussion and think there both op in there own right which in turn makes them balance each other out.

• Like 2

I think there are too many rash decisions. 10% whine, they change it, then the rest of the community reads it in the update. That creates alot of sad faces. Give it some time to give more people a chance to take part of it or don't let anyone decide anything at all.

Edited by Sharkin
  • Like 4

Give it a poll at least.

this rolf more polls... we play the game and can give you a general consensus in a simple format.

I hope we will see one day something like this:

• Many players agreed that devs way too often listen only to small part of the community (so called "whinners"), so now we promise to think twice before we nerf another well working feature.

Source Crystals - good change, shame I ate 20 of them two days go (can't be lucky all the time...)

• Like 1

Another rash decision based on a group of people whining about something that isn't really OP but they don't like it. Nothing changes in Wurm, happened in Wild years back and it happens now on epic. Just another day and as usual Rolf keeps falling for this crap. I suppose it's too much to ask that he realise there is a difference between something being powerful and therefore upsetting to some people that it kicks their ass and something that is overpowered because its too easy to be that powerful. Dominating uniques is....not easy....at all....

How about dealing with the abuse of alts?

Or the broken meditation enlightenment that you borked last week?

Edited by Nadroj

Yeah... they casted dominate twice on the troll king and dominated it making them invincible for 6 or so hours...

Let's make zombies do 1000% more damage then their normal damage and see if anyone whines on the forums

Dominating uniques is easy compared to how incredibly powerful they are, now stop whining whitelighters.

Edited by Che

Yeah... they casted dominate twice on the troll king and dominated it making them invincible for 6 or so hours...

Let's make zombies do 1000% more damage then their normal damage and see if anyone whines on the forums

Dominating uniques is easy compared to how incredibly powerful they are, now stop whining whitelighters.

You asked for this nerf so you whine just as much, blacklighter. But FYI, I'm not complaining because it will be harder for us to dominate stuff, I said it seem like a rash decision and I hope they did some testing. Dominating the troll king could have been a lucky shot + a very skilled mag priest.

Edited by Sharkin

You asked for this nerf so you whine just as much, blacklighter. But FYI, I'm not complaining because it will be harder for us to dominate stuff, I said it seem like a rash decision and I hope they did some testing. Dominating the troll king could have been a lucky shot + a very skilled mag priest.

Don't think 4 times a row in under 1 week before hotas is a coincidence

Whoever agreed to this seriously doesn't Dominate anything.

If you nerf one binding pet spell, nerf charm and rebirth too then....

Dominate was hard enough before this stupid update..... Who is on this board of players that advises you? They deserve a foot up their rear end for this stupidity.

Edited by Ezalor
  • Like 1

Im pretty sure dominate was just made so that uniques couldnt be dominated by any average joe. Seems a pretty good change to me IMO

• Like 2

Having effective 84+ Channeling and trying to dominate it for over an hour doesnt seem too easy for me.

Having effective 84+ Channeling and trying to dominate it for over an hour doesnt seem too easy for me.

Should take days if not weeks to dominate it with incredible skills/stats.

Should take days if not weeks to dominate it with incredible skills/stats.

What the hell are you smoking bro? Do you understand how long it takes to get 84+ Channeling ?

Doesn't make sense to be sitting at a creature for days or weeks, if you don't want people to use it in a fight, go kill the damn thing OR kill the person leading it.

Stop getting Rolf to win you battles.

What the hell are you smoking bro? Do you understand how long it takes to get 84+ Channeling ?

Doesn't make sense to be sitting at a creature for days or weeks, if you don't want people to use it in a fight, go kill the damn thing OR kill the person leading it.

Stop getting Rolf to win you battles.

Stop using uniques to not die

Uniques are incredibly strong creatures. I thought it was good that the crown of might was pretty much the only way to dominate them. Yes i can agree that uniquest should have a slightly higher chance then before, but nothing major because it'll be champ nogump v2.0 but even worse.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this