Sign in to follow this  
joedobo

Option To Upload A Merchant's Goods To A Searchable Index.

A Merchant good's index listing  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do one of these reflect your opnion?

• This isn't good enough, I want globalized auction houses.
    • This Idea would be acceptable if and only if prices were not available.
    • Information sharing is detrimental to localized selling and as such should not be permitted in any form.
    • This idea is good but I want prices to be available.
    • Other.

A Merchant owner can opt in to a system where the merchant's goods are uploaded to a searchable index or database.

Each item's listing would need something to help locate the merchant, ability to examine the item, and all the things you see now when interacting with a merchant. If we could accept map coords that would be great, otherwise the name of deed the merchant is on would suffice as location.

We could leave prices off the listing. My goal here is to help folks find who has what where. It is not to make it easy to undercut other sellers. Wasting time finding things you want to buy is not fun.

YOU CAN NOT BUY OR STOCK GOODS FROM THE INDEX! Dealing with physical goods require you physically be next to the merchant.

I'm not sure where we would access the listing. Some options could be enchanted bulletin boards, an out of game web page, or an in-game UI window accessible by default.

Search options don't need to be overly complicated. I'd be happy with searching for say a, "shovel" and sorting the filtered result by quality.

Edited by joedobo

Create an option on the merchant form to allow an inventory dump to a TXT file, allowing for easier uploads to the forums (or wherever).

@ Gromdehar   I already made a suggestion for that. I'm being lazy and don't want to search for it. Heck I even dropped 20s in a wishing well asking for it. Although, doing it like that does feel unpolished. I perfer systems and features that work in game. For this index Idea the enchanted bulletin board appeals the most.

Would be useful, although personally I wouldn't risk riding cross server just to find a merchant with overpriced cheese drills