Sign in to follow this  
Protunia

Trader Reset All Servers - Report Here Please, And Any Other Info.

So reset dates are still the same?

looks like that's the case deli was scheduled 19-20th

Edited by Protunia

Yeah, there was no rollback so the day that the servers ran without anyone being able to get on is counting.   Dates will be off by 1 day.

traders reset today on celebration.. 

[11:53:47] Economic breakdown this period: Earned=0, spent=0 Ratio=0.0

celebration reseted 1 hour and 13 minutes ago,as expected, next reset will be on the server day change on march 21/22.

edit: doesnt matter if the servers are on 28 days or 3,if the servers are on when the reset day comes,the reset happens,the only reason resets can be delayed its if the server its down on the day change when the reset is going to happen.

Important Note:  Traders reset different times during the day of reset like they pay out at different times during the King's payouts.

thats wrong btw,all traders reset at the same time,when the server day changes,u can use /uptime to check the server time,the merchant ratio and the "sold month" thing reset at the same time too.

Edited by Tpikol

thats wrong btw,all traders reset at the same time,when the server day changes,u can use /uptime to check the server time,the merchant ratio and the "sold month" thing reset at the same time too.

Not true....we have tested this on pristine and some traders did reset before others.

I had traders reset and others had to wait until later that day before theirs finally reset.

Why? I have no idea but it did happen.

It can and does happen.

Anyhow  servers shut down can delay times as well....this time we were running even though our access was shut down.

I have witnessed times changed by more than a day because of problems with servers.

Edited by Protunia

traders reset today on celebration.. 

[11:53:47] Economic breakdown this period: Earned=0, spent=0 Ratio=0.0

thx

yeah you are totally right,this topic its a great source of information.

Edited by Tpikol

Release is reset in the past couple of days

[08:50:20] Economic breakdown this period: Earned=0, spent=0 Ratio=0.0

Release is reset in the past couple of days

[08:50:20] Economic breakdown this period: Earned=0, spent=0 Ratio=0.0

it should have been today it is always the day after celebration

Nice topic. I am wondering about something that perhaps some of you may know the answer to. 

It has been fairly established that setting a ratio of 0.1 or higher will allow the trader to receive funds as they are distributed. What I am wondering is, does the magnitude of the money handled in setting the ratio affect the payout? Some people talk about buying and selling back 5s worth of stuff to set the ratio. Why does everyone not just buy and sell back a very low value single item? This also sets the ratio effectively, but does it make the trader a poor trader and receive less funds? And in which case, what would be the threshold and is that a linear relationship above the threshold or just a fixed thing?

I have a feeling that either two things are happening with traders either Rolf is adjusting the payout or there are just so many of them now but they are just about not worth it anymore. You are lucky to get 5-6s a month on them now and it takes you close to a year to even get your money back at that rate.

As far as your question to my knowledge ratio past .1 has no effect on payments there is variance in payouts in traders by some but i am not real sure what causes it.

I've noticed a marked drop in trader income since the 'Sell' feature was added to tokens.

I've never noticed any improvement in pay-outs between small transactions carried out every couple of days, or waiting and doing it all in big chunks.

To be clear, I am asking whether people think that a buy/sell ratio of 1.4ish from buying something at 5i and selling at 3i would be worse than a ratio of 1.4 from buying at 5s and selling at 3s. Or in other words, if a trader has had more money pass through its hands, is it a 'better' trader and gets more funds to support further trade?

On the point of income dropped since Sell came in, I seem to remember that Rolf stated it would not be affected, as the Sell funding comes from a part of the pool that is not usually available for trader funds. Or something like that.

To be clear, I am asking whether people think that a buy/sell ratio of 1.4ish from buying something at 5i and selling at 3i would be worse than a ratio of 1.4 from buying at 5s and selling at 3s. Or in other words, if a trader has had more money pass through its hands, is it a 'better' trader and gets more funds to support further trade?

On the point of income dropped since Sell came in, I seem to remember that Rolf stated it would not be affected, as the Sell funding comes from a part of the pool that is not usually available for trader funds. Or something like that.

Many things about Traders would have to be tested and written down over long periods of time to see patterns and most do not bother to do that.

As far as payouts?  Well I see more normal deeds disbanding than Trader deeds.

A lot of trader deeds are only 11x11 and pay less into the upkeep System than normal deeds which tend to be larger and pay more upkeep so upkeep the king collects could be going down.  Also less purchases from Traders for Trader sold items can effect this.

Edited by Protunia

The question and answer session held a couple of weeks ago seem to indicate that selling to the tokens had a direct effect on money available for traders according to Rolf.   The transcripts should be available somewhere.

...  Well I see more normal deeds disbanding than Trader deeds. ...

Interesting. How can you distinguish normal deed from Trader deed, while you see disband message in events.

I, pesronally, do not wield such ablitily. But really want it :rolleyes:

Interesting. How can you distinguish normal deed from Trader deed, while you see disband message in events.

I, pesronally, do not wield such ablitily. But really want it :rolleyes:

Its an obvious thing that you do not even have to look for if you have been playing for any length of time.

Exodus traders have reset in the last couple of hours. [14:45:37] Economic breakdown this period: Earned=0, spent=0 Ratio=0.0.

Indy [11:03:52] Economic breakdown this period: Earned=0, spent=0 Ratio=0.0