Sign in to follow this  
Joanavon

Why Are We Suddenly Overwhelmed With Valari And Champ Valari Spawns?

Make alt and lead them away from deed easy. or make alt keep respawning to tank while you kill it and run back in mine when alt dies.

You spawn monsters of your own kingdom on all servers.

Drakespirits really arn't that hard, they don't move all that fast unless they are champions, and don't do that much damage compared to some other valrei creatures.

Tower guards can hit them, the issue is that the amount of armor they have means they wont do that much damage to them.

They definitely go for tower guards, if no players are around they will sit at a tower and camp it killing the guards over and over. If you call guards on them, you just have to make sure the guards actually enter combat with it, the same as everything else.

They were both champions. The one in SB killed 2 towers full complement of guards so ten and then (while still healthy) proceeded to kill all 20 of strongboxs templars finishing at healthy. Edited by Joanavon

Yeah just gotta keep agro off you and stay on edge of fighting range (so that AoE's don't hurt you..)

Heheh just wait until people start dominating those things

Heheh just wait until people start dominating those things

can only dominate nogumps and they are pretty easy to kill now ;)

can only dominate nogumps and they are pretty easy to kill now ;)

Hehe the champions, wait until they start to dominate the champions :P
  • Like 1

Hehe the champions, wait until they start to dominate the champions :P

HEHEHEHE

I wonder if they realise that the text for those spawns is bleeding through to the non pvp servers, while amusing it tends to get inexperienced players worried.

• Like 1

I wonder if they realise that the text for those spawns is bleeding through to the non pvp servers, while amusing it tends to get inexperienced players worried.

No more worrying than when i asked Poseidon to spawn the Kraken and he sent out a message which caused mass panic :P

It was more fun when valrei  creatures spawned on freedom too.

• Like 2

Rolfs not gunna suddenly be like

Oh Joanavon, you're SO right, I should just scrap the whole idea of a kingdom working together to accomplish scenarios - Instead why don't we just remove them, and fighting, and Elevation, so you won't have to worry your pretty little head..

Get above 19 Fighting and stop bitching.

• Like 4

Rolfs not gunna suddenly be like

Oh Joanavon, you're SO right, I should just scrap the whole idea of a kingdom working together to accomplish scenarios - Instead why don't we just remove them, and fighting, and Elevation, so you won't have to worry your pretty little head..

Get above 19 Fighting and stop bitching.

Amen

Them jkh'ers whining too much, karma's struck back on jkh for not pvping.

Edited by Che
  • Like 1

Approximately how strong are these spawns? Everyone seems to have differing reports- what kind of FS do you need to take down the non-champ ones?

Approximately how strong are these spawns? Everyone seems to have differing reports- what kind of FS do you need to take down the non-champ ones?

as far as i can tell it is more about tactics then FS.

simply charging at them, trying to stand your ground just gets you killed regardless of FS.

• Like 1

I'm only inexperienced on Freedom, and due to my experience on Epic, as soon as that message displayed I was swimming as far from the mainland as possible lol Edited by Exeffer

All you need to kill a valrei creature is a guard tower and a player with 50 fighting skill, shouldn't be so hard to kill all of them considering how many people there is on jkh.

It is working as intended, or it should be atleast.

thats total crap 50fs my ass

They do direct damage comparable to maybe a croc.   They have an aoe stun that does internal wounds and can do it quite random intervals.  Sometimes its every 10 seconds other times its 2-3 timesin a row.    Months back I remember the stun being just an annoyance of resetting stance to 'center' and adding up internals by 5+ dmg each time forcing you to take a break and absorb mycelium or salve/hc as compared to a quick cotton.  

However it was this recent wave of valrei mobs that I felt the drakespirits were bugged.  The aoe stun was doing incredible amounts of damage despite highql plate armor being worn.   70+fs with 80+ql armor weapon and shield and the highest damage I recieved in a single hit was a 74damage severe wound from the aoe stun.  The stun lasted at least 5 seconds and I was then hit by another killing me. Tower and spirit guards seem unaffected by the aoe and therefore tank successfully.   After barely being able to stand "too far" melee range I could avoid the aoe completely and just attack easily.  It was only when a guard died that the benny hill music played a bit until it settled onto another guard.

I'd like to stress that I firmly believe the aoe stun damage is bugged or that the now 5+ drakes I've had on deed were bugged.  I had fought many in the months before and very clearly recall the aoe stun being purely an annoyance and far from deadly.  This new one is practically a one shot.

Edited by Seviago

It was only when a guard died that the benny hill music played

:D I liked that part!

I fought an old son of nogump and killed it easy. From far shooting my longbow it took dmg like a troll. Mellee it hit a bit harder but still had not much prob.

I fought a drakespirit and it was a whole other matter. It hits faster than before, AOEs are too frequent and hit much. However, I thought that the whiptail attack was the major dmg dealer. They are indeed as fast as they want, seemingly not having speed limit. They will just reach your speed no matter what it is.

Spirit guards ignore them for the most part (unless they take AOE dmg). Towerguards without equipment don't stand a chance.

I fought 2 champ drakespirits which kept me stunlocked for the whole 8 seconds it took them to kill me.

5 guards and 2 spirit guards around us were just irritating them without effect.

I'm at 70+ FS, I had on q80+ plate with dual LT q90 LS  and I think there's something wrong with the dmg mitigation of those things.

I agree, it's a matter of strategy and we've had successful kills on JKH, but I have a question about who really does missions. Because I know for a fact, JKH hasnt done them and 1 BL and 1 MR are pending. So why the heck are there so many spawns? That's the real problem.

It seems like the pending row of failed spawns for so long is all releasing now at once.

Please reset the missions que, and check drakespirit dmg mitigation. Then all will be good.

Edited by KalinMenajin

... So why the heck are there so many spawns? ...

Because Rolf has "played" with the Valrei mobs and changed both the frequency of Valrei mobs and their stats and characteristics. :)

I got killed by a nogump in a cave the day before yesterday (didn't see it at all before it hit me), 3 times before I got my gear back. Saw 2-3 more nogumps and some terror demon thing in the same area. Also on the deeds I passed there were several dead nogump laying around and more spawned, the messages about nogump arriving keeps coming.  This was on Elevation.

I'd say the spawns are exessive, sure, it was broken before and they should spawn sometimes but currently it's a bit too much.   

On JKH and especially in the starter area I'd say it's not a good thing to have these spawns too often. It doesn't help keeping new players in the game. And I don't get this mudslinging on home server players. What do you gain from these people having to do things they don't want to?

It certainly does not make the prospect of attracting new players if they hear or worse yet find out first hand that the spawn is being camped by moon daemons.

• Like 1

I think the reason there is more mobs then usual is because of the current scenario.  Anyone who does a sermon may get a 'vision" that says something to the effect of, "Lustiorus circlets are scattered around valrei. These must not fall into the claws of the wurm!"   Suggesting that this current scenario the goal is to stop wurm from winning and not as much about god vs god.   This added attention to the wurm gives it the ability to summon mobs.  Seems wurm is the main one sending spawns after spawns.   Throw in the fact the wurm moves like 3 times a day and you have a clustarhuck of valrei mobs.

Venom is your friend against things like that.

Venom dont kill animals, at least it never used to. I just put troll clubs on your tgs and call guards then shield bash the beasties, all the guards will ###### em.

Edited by Suntzu

All praise the Wurm. Glory be to the cleansing.

• Like 3

Venom dont kill animals, at least it never used to. I just put troll clubs on your tgs and call guards then shield bash the beasties, all the guards will ###### em.

Venom does kill animals (and nogumps) but it is too unreliable. The animal may die of the 1st poison wound but it may also manage to heal as many as 40+ poison wounds without getting killed by the poison (I'm not jocking about 40 it has happened more than once). I have even noticed a foal having a medium poison wound (+black veins) and surviving for 24h (it managed to turn the poison wound into a normal wound). It works but it may take several attempts (and if your target is a champion... )

Edited by Anothernoob