Sign in to follow this  
toreth

Paypal Not Working For Me

im having a problem... when i went to pay for my premium time through paypal  i enter my card information and hit accept and it usually has the loading symbol then says payment confirmed or what ever but now for the past two days it shows the loading symbol then the screen flashes real fast like it was going to load to the confirmation screen but instead acts like it is refreshing the page and just shows my credit card info screen again. does not say it was declined or anything and gives no errors. so how can i fix this?

I am having the same problem since Monday.

A friend recently had this problem also and traced it down to Paypal and a recent change in their rules for guest accounts and credit cards.  They have a limit on the number of times they will accept any 1 credit card number as guest before you have to create an account to continue to use that card.  I did not get the limiting number of times, but it seems most are starting to hit it now.

It's not the browser nothing has changed on it since I paid for a year on Becket just before the increase, I even just tried on my laptop which runs IE9, same problem.

If what Vroomfondel is saying is true then Paypal is forcing me to make an account to pay for a game and buy silver which I have been doing without one for five freaking years. This is why I hate large corporations.  

I'm also not seeing the USD to Euro conversion thing anymore.

Any word on this outside of the easy solution just make a Paypal account which I really do not want to have to do.

I also am getting nowhere  without using PP, and i will quit rather then have to use them.  I had them in the past and it was a nightmare that they were totally indifferent and rude about.

I contacted PayPal regarding the issues some people were having like this with guest payments. They recommend that people try clearing their browser's cache and cookies, this should prevent the endless loop situation that occured here. The last-ditch alternative is to try another browser.

PayPal say that they are not aware of any bugs on their end of the system, so it is likely a browser problem/bug.

Hope it helps :) Report back as to whether or not this solves the problem.

Edited by Docterchese

I am getting the same thing. I tried all sorts of browsers on multiple PCs and other devices and it all behaves the same.

Hell I even tossed a different CC at it and it still will not work.

Same for me.

I installed a new browser I'd never used on the system, I do not allow for cookies to reside (all browsers are set to purge on close, and I remove any non-purged manually at least once a week) and have used multiple cards.  The loop continues.

::edt insert::

Will try the google purchase via Super Rewards later today since it is only about $0.08 difference in price per silver and see if that payment system works.

::Update::

Yes, Super Rewards worked and the coin has been credited to my character account.  So it is not the browser, Wurm, or the bank/credit card, this leaves only Paypal.

Can we use this to now look at other vendor options for payment processing please?  While Super Rewards is usable for coin purchase, they do not have a direct subscription purchase, meaning subscription will need to be purchased in-game for folks running into this problem.

Edited by Hussars

As stated by Vroomfondel, Paypal told me there is a limit on the number of guest purchases with a CC.

Did not get the exact number of purchases allowed as a guest, but after email to Rolf (no poblem on Wurm end),

and talk with my bank (no block on my card), I called Paypal and was informed that I would have to use my

account with them to purchase wurm premium time.

Bah! Wurmonline needs a better and varied payment system.

A friend recently had this problem also and traced it down to Paypal and a recent change in their rules for guest accounts and credit cards.  They have a limit on the number of times they will accept any 1 credit card number as guest before you have to create an account to continue to use that card.  I did not get the limiting number of times, but it seems most are starting to hit it now.

Hell I even tossed a different CC at it and it still will not work.

Having had to resolve account issues with PayPal, I was able to get an explanation as to how they track users without accounts.  The short version is if you use the same email/contact information with different cards, those cards are now associated on the back-end and will have the same limits applied.

[Redacted] Not trying to start an Anti-Paypal discussion in the support forum, the above information was provided to help clarify potential issues.

Edited by Hussars

Well I have a year on Becket ,will just toss 10s in token when I want to use my priest. Maybe we will get more payment options.

I wonder which empty suit came up with the idea of let's strong arm the customers of our Business Clients into creating accounts in our company.

I'll talk to PayPal again about a guest limit, if there is one in place then that would suck and would be a failing on their end.

Wurm has always wanted to look into alternative payment options for customers who do not wish to use PayPal, the trouble is that many of them have setup/monthly costs so it'd be harder to get into. As we expand though they are being considered.

Well, while this is being considered my skills are hitting the ceiling and it makes all the time I am spending seem wasted.  I am definitely not going to stay much longer if I hit a few more caps and lose tons of exp.  Makes no sense.