Sign in to follow this  
Jarosz

Would You Pay Premium For A Non-Aggro (Not Attached Like Epic) Server?

Thoughts on non-Aggro Server cluster  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay premium for non-aggro server?

• I currently play on a PVP server, no
    • I currently play on a PVP server, yes
    • I currently play on a PVE server, no
    • I currently play on a PVE server, yes
    • I am F2P, no
    • I am F2P, yes
  2. 2. Would you play on a non-aggro server?

• I am F2P, no
    • I am F2P, yes
  3. 3. Do you think a non-aggro server would bring more players to wurm?

• I am F2P, no
    • I am F2P, yes

Simple enough, if Rolf released a non-aggro server, would you play on it and/or pay premium?

Edited by Jarosz

Yes to all.....and more people would play there than PvP.

I think it's not going to work because:

1. You will skill up hella fast (as you said, like epic)

2. Theres no killing, no templars, no reason to go out do something, no guard towers, no FS, no weaponsmiths needed, no armoursmiths needed (and dont tell me for Dueling or Sparring because thats a joke)

3. No market, because everything is so easily made and there's no real challange to the game.

4. We aren't playing minecraft where you can just make it daylight all the time or cheat yourself XP. This is Wurm. It shouldn't be that easy, i think its a waste of server resources and developement time.

• Like 8

I choose option 4: get a dedicated crew working on improving the current PvE system that is not just tacking on another server with extra gimmicky

I think it's not going to work because:

1. You will skill up hella fast (as you said, like epic)

2. Theres no killing, no templars, no reason to go out do something, no guard towers, no FS, no weaponsmiths needed, no armoursmiths needed (and dont tell me for Dueling or Sparring because thats a joke)

3. No market, because everything is so easily made and there's no real challange to the game.

4. We aren't playing minecraft where you can just make it daylight all the time or cheat yourself XP. This is Wurm. It shouldn't be that easy, i think its a waste of server resources and developement time.

Without PvE, you wouldn't need armor/weapons.  Guess what, Tools sell more frequently than any PvE/PvP item.

Jarosz, why do we grind?

I never "ground" in Wurm.  I enjoyed playing the game.

Most of the forum users are going to be die hard grinders btw  ( which I am one )  and they wont go for anything that will pull away population from their servers.

A faster skilling server without aggros and with just terraforming, skilling, and fun would have to be much larger than the small islands made lately.

I would still like to have area's for hunting though and not just go full out no aggro.

Edited by Protunia

Most of the forum users are going to be die hard grinders btw  ( which I am one )  and they wont go for anything that will pull away population from their servers.

A faster skilling server without aggros and with just terraforming, skilling, and fun would have to be much larger than the small islands made lately.

What I see happening is a player joins wurm... They play on the Freedom isles and get frustrated.  Current option is, they quit.  This would give them the option to try an "easy" mode where they can learn wurm without risk of death/loss of time.

If they get bored with it, they can try again on the PvE or even PvP server.  Chances are, there will be a large majority of players who just hate the concept of "kill X amount of animals to get y amount of skill" They'd rather have a cow farm to collect leather to make waterskins and backpacks.

• Like 1

What I see happening is a player joins wurm... They play on the Freedom isles and get frustrated.  Current option is, they quit.  This would give them the option to try an "easy" mode where they can learn wurm without risk of death/loss of time.

If they get bored with it, they can try again on the PvE or even PvP server.  Chances are, there will be a large majority of players who just hate the concept of "kill X amount of animals to get y amount of skill" They'd rather have a cow farm to collect leather to make waterskins and backpacks.

You have to realize this type of server is some of the  players biggest fears.

And yes a lot of people would play to have just fun without all the grind and hunting.

All it would really take is proper scaling on mob zones like you see in other games.

Right now noob can come in and have champ troll bash him to bits.

He could try a noob only server like GV again, but I dont think that would be great either as players want help a lot of times from experienced players.

Basically any new server that is PvE what ever ruleset will bring more players in.

This type of speed skilling server would attract a lot of people who have not tried or wont play wurm because of its grindy ways.  Having less people die and lose all their stuff when starting out would also lead to more population.

The big question becomes would they stay longer if they skilled faster?

I think they would because there are so many skills in wurm to do.

On Epic to be a decent JOAT takes many months even with fast skilling.  If you look at the Homer Server Population it would double without PvP easily.

Anyhow having more people stay for a few months is better than having people bail within the first week or two.  Heck I have seen rage quits because of grinding, losing items, and mob deaths within days.

Edited by Protunia

As is theres next to nothing for agro near my deed.

And i am borred to death not having something to kill, this is on Inde.

And dont say its because amount of deeded spots.

There is barrely anything deeded , and i may see the odd bear like 200 tilles away or Lion.

My deed on Deli has so much or so many deeded spots its crazy, and yet has 100% more mobs then on Inde.

Man i even had a lava den pop on my Deli deed.

There is 3 goblin huts, 3 spider dens a wolf  a bear and troll all within a 200 by 200 tille area on Deli from my deed.

Comapared to Inde.

So having a none agro server is just not going to happen.

As is theres next to nothing for agro near my deed.

And i am borred to death not having something to kill, this is on Inde.

And dont say its because amount of deeded spots.

There is barrely anything deeded , and i may see the odd bear like 200 tilles away or Lion.

My deed on Deli has so much or so many deeded spots its crazy, and yet has 100% more mobs then on Inde.

Man i even had a lava den pop on my Deli deed.

There is 3 goblin huts, 3 spider dens a wolf  a bear and troll all within a 200 by 200 tille area on Deli from my deed.

Comapared to Inde.

So having a none agro server is just not going to happen.

You are assuming your play style trumps other players' desires.  What about players who do not want PvE at all?  Just because you have your experience to go off of in Wurm, doesn't mean a 1,000 other players have quit because of spawns on the other side of the server you decided to settle on.  a verison of Wurm could exist on a non-violent server.

YES to all from this PVE player. Apparently we didn't argue enough in the other thread. I not even going to try to change the minds of players whose opposing position is just as unsubstantiated and opinionated as mine.

YES to all from this PVE player. Apparently we didn't argue enough in the other thread. I not even going to try to change the minds of players whose opposing position is just as unsubstantiated and opinionated as mine.

This is a true statement.  I'll let the poll run for awhile and see what the numbers say.  Sadly, we can't gather numbers on players that have already quit.

Jarosz, I'm not sure I understand the premise when you say "non-aggro". Are you saying there would be no combat? Just trying to get a handle on your idea here before I vote. 

Jarosz, I'm not sure I understand the premise when you say "non-aggro". Are you saying there would be no combat? Just trying to get a handle on your idea here before I vote. 

No PvP no PvE.  All animals in the server would be Non-Aggro.

one thing for sure with less mobs you would have many more horses and cows chickens etc...

one thing for sure with less mobs you would have many more horses and cows chickens etc...

not necessarily a bad thing ;)

No PvP no PvE.  All animals in the server would be Non-Aggro.

So the primary difference between your idea and current Freedom servers is that the animals would all be non-aggro? Again, just clarifying. 

So the primary difference between your idea and current Freedom servers is that the animals would all be non-aggro? Again, just clarifying. 

Correct.  Meaning, players would NOT be attacked by Mobs.  The fine tuning would be up to Rolf if he including ANY kind of aggressive type creatures, or just current non-aggro animals.

Another suggestion to go along with it is that you can sign into it at anytime while also having the same named character on a different server (different Skill tree).  Like Epic is now.

Edited by Jarosz

Your best bet would be to figure out a "balanced" new character add on that players cant abuse much. Like seeing as they can use bartenders and get a fint light for 24hours of game play, why not critter repellent from anything stronger then a lion, SO only rats, wild cats, and lions attack you within your first 24hours ingame. A much better suggestion to help out new players. Since at 70faith FO priests no longer aggro critters, they can rework the same system to be used for such an aid.

Wurm already has 12 servers, no need to add more. Personally I think servers should be merged together, one indi size map with 4 established maps merged together.  Still their own islands/landmass just on one map with everything players have already done to it.

Deli | Exo

Cel  | Pris

And release floating off on its own until new islands are "discovered".

Your best bet would be to figure out a "balanced" new character add on that players cant abuse much. Like seeing as they can use bartenders and get a fint light for 24hours of game play, why not critter repellent from anything stronger then a lion, SO only rats, wild cats, and lions attack you within your first 24hours ingame. A much better suggestion to help out new players. Since at 70faith FO priests no longer aggro critters, they can rework the same system to be used for such an aid.

The question we are trying to answer here is, are people interested in a non-violent version of Wurm.  While a non-aggro time period could help new players, it does not assist those players looking for a 100% peaceful version of Wurm.

I would however, recommend what you suggested for PvE servers.

Edited by Jarosz

No, No, and...

"Do you think a non-aggro server would bring more players to wurm?" That has to be a Yes.

Of course a non-aggro server would bring more Players to Wurm. They won't be the type of People normally attracted to Wurm (or any traditional mmorpg), but that is a discussion for another thread I think.

I don't like the Fight System in Wurm, never have, and I am a big chicken butt, but even I realize that Wurm without a Spider trying to take a bite out of me isn't exactly Wurm.

Edited by Kyrmius

No, No, and...

"Do you think a non-aggro server would bring more players to wurm?" That has to be a Yes.

Of course a non-aggro server would bring more Players to Wurm. They won't be the type of People normally attracted to Wurm (or any traditional mmorpg), but that is a discussion for another thread I think.

They wont bring what???? kind of player???

As I recall we just had 60% increase because of lack of funding.

I could care less if super care bears ( of which there are millions in MMO's btw )  came to Wurm to play the game for fun and what it is actually the best at.

Building and Terraforming.

Mobs and Combat is not something Wurm is best at sorry.  ( it's getting a little better with graphics lately )

The whole survival thing is bunk....yeah maybe for brand new players coming into the game it is  otherwise its an all about deeds and building game.

Edited by Protunia

To back up Protunia here...nearly all my gaming friends that are unwilling to give Wurm a try are all a result of having witnessed combat. At least we have SOME combat animations these days, but combat is still mostly a joke. Most MUDs have more exciting combat text. 

I would support the OP because frankly it's not combat that brings me to Wurm; it's playing with friends, meeting new friends, and being creative. None of which requires combat. 

+1