Sign in to follow this  
Aariez

Strange Graphic Issue With Tiles While Moving

Hi all.  I know this has probably been brought up and a fix posted, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I'm playing on a 2011 Mac pro with Mountain Loin.  The new patch works perfectly and finally allows me to enter the game with no crashes.

However, I seem to be getting a strange issue when I move around.  It's as though adjacent tiles are jumping into each other.  It's kind of hard to explain, but if you can imagine two rows of tiles:  one stone and the other grass.  If I walk down the stone row, as I'm walking the grass tiles will start flashing between grass and stone and the stone tiles will start flashing in the same fashion.  When I stop moving, everything "rights" itself.

Is there a graphic option or something I can do to keep this from happening?  Thanks in advance for any help.

Here is a Youtube video of what I'm experiencing:

http://youtu.be/X-uZat0Q6JU

Edited by Aariez

Is there any advice for this or any further information needed?

Sorry to bump this again, but I'm still getting this issue.

Got something similar happening on water when reflections are turned on.

I noticed this over the weekend when I went into the console (F1).  Does this help explain the issue at all?

oj8m.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.com

the null tile types are not related to your issue

I'm also running on a Mac (with Lion), and I have the same issue.  Tiles frequently flash back and forth between their own texture and the texture of an adjacent tile.  I don't have reflections on.

This graphical issue is still occurring post 1.1.

Edited by Aariez

The cause of this problem was identified recently:

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/65244-mac-texture-skipping/

It's yet another problem that can be caused by having FBO (FrameBuffer Object) support and Pbuffer (Pixel Buffer) support enabled at the same time.  Pbuffers were deprecated by FBOs, but Pbuffers can still be used for legacy compatibility reasons (supporting older graphics cards/chipsets or older games).  In general, you should enable FBO support if your system (via its graphics card/chipset and corresponding drivers) supports it properly or Pbuffer support instead if your system either lacks FBO support or has a buggy FBO implementation, but you should avoid having both enabled at the same time.  They're used for similar purposes and will tend to interfere with each other if enabled simultaneously, potentially causing various visual glitches or even crashes.  It would really be better if the FBO support and Pbuffer support options were combined into a single option so they couldn't both be enabled simultaneously, as that would avoid a lot of problems.

• Like 1

I also have this problem...I disabled both options but the problem persist...any idea?

I have this problem now on a brand new machine.Turned off everything to get rid of the avatar mutations but this persists. Turned on only pbuffer and it still persists.  How do you tell which to turn on? Id have to look up the exact name but I have one of the newest GeForce's on the market so I assumed that supported pbuffer?

Thanks!

Still have it. Any update? Makes farming a major pain. You cant see where your crops are. :(

BUMP!!! PLEASE!!!

Someone at least register its being worked on. :(

Today I re-updated to the new Java and started using the unstable and it is still there.

Video drivers are up to date (newest two weeks ago).

What do I do? Its VERY hard to teraform  I had to lay down barrels every other tile on a 30 tile road to mark where the cobble stone was. :(

Somehow I fixded it lol.

Curent settings:

MultiDraw CORE

GLSL Core

VBO CORE

FBO CORE

Pbuffer UNCHECKED

mipmaps COre

Non Power of Two Disabled

Occlusion Disabled

Rest unchecked

PLus lateast java64 latest video drivers windows up to date, unstable client.

The fix "back then" was to disable Pbuffer on Mac, so that's what fixed it now for you.

No I had it disabled and it stil didnt solve it. I had vbo fbo and pbuffer turned off and still had it. But turning fbo and vbo on seemed to fix it.  Tho now I have the strectched models now. Guards, Players, Horses. Stretched out all whacko.

The fix "back then" was to disable Pbuffer on Mac, so that's what fixed it now for you.

It's fixed it for me on the current Mac client!  Thanks!

No I had it disabled and it stil didnt solve it. I had vbo fbo and pbuffer turned off and still had it. But turning fbo and vbo on seemed to fix it.  Tho now I have the strectched models now. Guards, Players, Horses. Stretched out all whacko.

To be complete for posterity. My final solution was to to have java 51 installed with FBO and VBO turned on and pbuffer turned off. That fixed everything finally! Praise God! 

(I had rolled back to Java 45 because it kept crashing wurm on login but someone suggested I try it again now.)

I had the same problem, Took a look at Schwanke's list and compared it to mine:

Mine:

MultiDraw CORE

GLSL Core

VBO CORE

FBO CORE

Pbuffer UNCHECKED

mipmaps COre

Non Power of Two Core

Occlusion Core

Rest unchecked

Schwankes:

MultiDraw CORE

GLSL Core

VBO CORE

FBO CORE

Pbuffer UNCHECKED

mipmaps COre

Occlusion Disabled

Rest unchecked

I disabled Non Power of Two & Occlusion, and it fixed the problem. Go figure!

I update my solution. I had to turn VBO off to stop the model mutilations. (Aliens?) 

Either I had a mistake in my version that had it turned on or there is something wierd about the order you turn things on and off on the compatability page. Cuz I fooled around with every combination I could think of and finally that one worked even though I'm almost 90% sure I tried it before and it didnt work.

So then new solution:

Latest Java (51), Latest NVidia Drivers (I'm a 740M GT), Windows 8.1

MultiDraw CORE

GLSL Core

VBO DISABLED

FBO CORE

Pbuffer UNCHECKED

mipmaps COre

Occlusion Disabled

Rest unchecked

The problem is much more complex then just the settings in the compatability section.

My last configuration above worked on my account "Schwankenchanter" but now does NOT work on my account "Schwanke" even though all I did was load the account with the same configuration from the settings section.

I have fiddled with every combination that I can think of short of doing a logic chart and I can get EITHER working models and bad tile textures or working tile textures and bad models but NOT both working models and good tile textures.

I suspect there is a bug in the configuration system that has the launcher SAYING one setting but using another. I believe this because I was pretty darn sure my first set was correct and then it didnt work the second time but something else did. Then that other person showed that an even different set of settings worked and now even the same set on the same computer does not work. When it DID work on that account not a half hour before. I even had the first account running with the settings working and the second account running with them not with the same settings and now that I have logged out both accounts either one when I log them in with either of the two 'working' settings dont work.

**************** FOUND THE FIX****************

I had just reinstalled and forgot that the laptop defaults to using the onboard intel graphics processor for everything unless you tell it manually to use the GeForce. I went into the NVIDIA control panel and set it to use the GeForce as the primary display adapter.

I have no idea why some random settings worked before unless I some how triggered it to use the card naturally.

BTW my current settings:

Windows 8.1, Java 51, Latest NVidia Drivers, NVIDIA CARD AS PRIMARY GRAPHICS CONTROL CARD.

Then in wurm I have everythingon the compatability page set to CORE and the pbuffer unchecked.

Works now. :)

Edited by Schwanke

I still get this issue even when doing these fixes.

To double check. Are you dual video cards and is your 3d engine card made the primary card for wurm? (My post may have been confusing. I have an integrated intel and a second nvidia and I had to use the nvidia control panel to force the nvidia to be the primary card for everything)