Sign in to follow this  
xNoTimeLeftx

No Pvp And Monsters

Hey guys,

I really like this game, but I don't like the monsters, because I get killed all the time and I really like to go out on myself. So maybe it's an idea to create a "Creative server" where you don't get bothered by any players or monsters, the only way to train combat is the archery and the fighting dummy, if you're ready you can transfer your account to a normal server, or to an epic server.

Post your comments below :D

Edit: Before you post anything, read this below and then comment. If you have already commented before when this post below wasn't here yet, please re-comment. Thanks

(#12 post) a server were are monsters, but non of them are aggro. It's like an easy server, you know. You can do anything what you can do in the normal servers, only you won't be attacked by any monsters, a no-aggro server  :)

How about this guys?

Edited by xNoTimeLeftx

-1  Then you would starve seeing as there will be no meat.

-1  Then you would starve seeing as there will be no meat.

Fish aren't monsters :P

(except the sharks)

Fish aren't monsters :P

(except the sharks)

But who wants to sit around fishing for countless hours to grind cooking on their priest on such a server

You do realize this is wurm NOT minecraft, right?

• Like 7

You do realize this is wurm NOT minecraft, right?

I would really hate such a new type of server, but if Rolf wants to make Wurm famous he has to add something like that, well it will be very different to the Wurm we know. I would say one day yes, there will be such a server.

I would really hate such a new type of server, but if Rolf wants to make Wurm famous he has to add something like that, well it will be very different to the Wurm we know. I would say one day yes, there will be such a server.

I don't think it's needed to make wurm famous. Plenty of games don't have a mob free server and are well known :P

No. Minecraft took a turn for the worse when trying to appeal to the no-risk sandbox crowd, and I would hate to see Rolf proceed down the same, totally uninspiring road (not that there is any kind of threat or actual danger on Freedom once you learn the game)

But who wants to sit around fishing for countless hours to grind cooking on their priest on such a server

Well, the price on fish would be insane ;)

But what about weapons, armor, guards, templars, fight-related skills and spells, etc. - they would be useless

Hey guys,

I really like this game, but I don't like the monsters, because I get killed all the time and I really like to go out on myself. So maybe it's an idea to create a "Creative server" where you don't get bothered by any players or monsters, the only way to train combat is the archery and the fighting dummy, if you're ready you can transfer your account to a normal server, or to an epic server.

Post your comments below :D

A possible solution is to build a guard tower. It will spawn free guards that you can call to attack anything that is bothering you in that area. or likewise with a deed's templar guards. No fight skill required on your part. 

No-aggro server!

A few months back we had a Q&A with with Rolf. One of my questions (it didn't receive one word of related reply) had to do with making different types of aggro focused servers. Lets face it -- different strokes for different folks! I'd like to see two servers. One would be a no-aggro where no mobs spawn, the whole server's creature cap is dedicated to cows, pigs, horses, ect. The other is a dangerous server with mostly raging and greenish high difficulty lairs spawn and if its possible a higher chance of champ spawning.

• Like 1

No-aggro server!

A few months back we had a Q&A with with Rolf. One of my questions (it didn't receive one word of related reply) had to do with making different types of aggro focused servers. Lets face it -- different strokes for different folks! I'd like to see two servers. One would be a no-aggro where no mobs spawn, the whole server's creature cap is dedicated to cows, pigs, horses, ect. The other is a dangerous server with mostly raging and greenish high difficulty lairs spawn and if its possible a higher chance of champ spawning.

You gave me an idea, a server were are monsters, but non of them are aggro. It's like an easy server, you know. You can do anything what you can do in the normal servers, only you won't be attacked by any monsters, a no-aggro server :)

How about this guys?

Edited by xNoTimeLeftx

Honestly I would prefer mobs across all servers were more balanced.

It is far more difficult for new players today than when I started, and far more tedious for me than 2 years ago. Since its unlikely that it will ever get balanced, I now support a non-aggro only style server, because it will retain more players which can only benefit Wurm.

• Like 1

I think it would actually be one of the more popular servers in he did in fact make one with just deer, horses, cows,dogs, chickens, etc..Maybe once in a while a wolf or a bear might pop up? 

You do need furs :D

It would have more people on it than the PvP servers do I can bet on that.

Edited by Protunia

Honestly I would prefer mobs across all servers were more balanced.

It is far more difficult for new players today than when I started, and far more tedious for me than 2 years ago. Since its unlikely that it will ever get balanced, I now support a non-aggro only style server, because it will retain more players which can only benefit Wurm.

Well said.  I know Rolf upped the animal spawn because established players were getting bored... I don't think he was thinking about the trouble "loan wolf" type new players would have.  Wurm's appeal is the do it yourself/survival aspect of the game.

It doesn't help any that a WOW Equivalent lvl 80 Troll/spider/bear is roaming 20-50 tiles apart all over the server...

But Wurm was never about taking on the whole world alone. If anything, the area around starter towns should be revamped to allow for a lot of new players going through it, with upped decay, regrowth and decrease in hostile mobs wandering the area, but I really don't want a no-risk server. Instead new players and those who don't want to deal with mobs should join up and fight the frontier in groups instead

Edited by san_tropez

But Wurm was never about taking on the whole world alone. If anything, the area around starter towns should be revamped to allow for a lot of new players going through it, with upped decay, regrowth and decrease in hostile mobs wandering the area, but I really don't want a no-risk server. Instead new players and those who don't want to deal with mobs should join up and fight the frontier in groups instead

Who are you to say what the appeal to any 1 type of player is?  MANY people come with the belief they can tackle it on their own.  Having a lvl 80 MOB continually tell them otherwise only hurts Wurm.

Nothing stops players from making starter areas more "safe" for new players.  You want to know why it hasn't happened yet? because people are busy tackling Wurm they way they want to, not helping others get through the game easier.

Heres a task for you.  Start a new character and see how easy it is to find other new players to group up with.  Its like herding cats.  Why? because a lot of players who are drawn to wurm are those who want a challenge.  And the challenge they are really looking for is figuring out how to deal with everything but MOBS.  Minecraft does this well, because you have a full day before MOBS show up at night.  Wurm... you have them 24/7.

Minecraft didn't cater to non-pvpers.  the beta was a Creative non-hostile mode.  Survival came much later.

There is almost certainly a customer base for a Non-Aggro mob only server. If it were separated from freedom Al La Pristine/Release to avoid any of the headaches integration of a aggro free server could cause as well as any unintended effects on other servers then I see no reason why it wouldn't be viable. 

Minecraft is also a single player game, so you are kinda expected to handle it on your own. It also hasn't evolved the survival part much at all despite a tacked on hunger bar and AI still being dumb as carrots. Wurm however is still a multiplayer game first, solo play farming simulator second, and I don't want to dismiss your way of playing, but I don't want gameplay dumped down to cater to a crowd not really interested in what makes Wurm either.

The environment could use a serious redo I'll agree on that, because upping the aggro cap may be too rough on new players, especially since you cannot truly clear an area without relying on deed guards. Putting the environment back into PvE can be done in a multitude of ways without spawning 10k green scorpions, since even with the increase of mobs, Wurm is still pretty easy for an established player.

Of course I started playing Wurm with a certain group and would never have stayed for more than an hour tops without it, so I may be heavily biased towards village living and having a nice n tight community outside the Freedom tab

Edited by san_tropez

Minecraft is also a single player game, so you are kinda expected to handle it on your own. It also hasn't evolved the survival part much at all despite a tacked on hunger bar and AI still being dumb as carrots. Wurm however is still a multiplayer game first, solo play farming simulator second, and I don't want to dismiss your way of playing, but I don't want gameplay dumped down to cater to a crowd not really interested in what makes Wurm either.

The environment could use a serious redo I'll agree on that, because upping the aggro cap may be too rough on new players, especially since you cannot truly clear an area without relying on deed guards. Putting the environment back into PvE can be done in a multitude of ways without spawning 10k green scorpions, since even with the increase of mobs, Wurm is still pretty easy for an established player.

Of course I started playing Wurm with a certain group and would never have stayed for more than an hour tops without it, so I may be heavily biased towards village living and having a nice n tight community outside the Freedom tab

Whens the last time you played Minecraft?  It is now multiplayer with player run servers.  You can now starve to death, and there is magic/potions.  Also a very interesting wiring system (where people have reproduced basic computers)

You don't dumb down play by making a no-aggro mob server.  If EPIC doesn't effect freedom servers, than a "creative/non-aggro" server wouldn't effect it either.

Why dont we have a 99x exp server while we're at it.....

Wurms way to easy as it is. I start new characters every month out of boredom and have em run out to some random clearing and survive on their own. Wurms rather easy compared to what it use to be, no need to make it even easier.

Why dont we have a 99x exp server while we're at it.....

Wurms way to easy as it is. I start new characters every month out of boredom and have em run out to some random clearing and survive on their own. Wurms rather easy compared to what it use to be, no need to make it even easier.

says the established guy who knows how to make a jar and a mallet...

Wheres a wiki that tells you how to make everything.  I even still use it. No way you can remember everything.

Honestly we have way too many servers as is.

Besides, the homeservers for the Epic cluster for example are very safe...

You have a multitude of options at your disposal if you wish not die as often in the world of Wurm. First option being to relocate to an area with a higher population of players, therefor that will keep the mob numbers low with plenty of other players cleansing the area. Another option is the creation of a Guard Tower in your area, and to use it to dispatch of unwanted mobs in the vicinity. Third option is that if you own a deed then a viable defense is a Spirit Templar, which will take care of mobs on deed, which, coupled with a Guard Tower is an effective defense. Last option is the most basic, and that is to simply increase your Fighting Skill, and acquire finer Armor/Weapons, this of course would allow you to hold your own against most everything you encounter. The game provides numerous options to equip and defend yourself against mobs, and pardon me but the idea of such a server is a weak way to get around the very basics of the game. Freedom is already the safest cluster, save for Chaos. No PvP, natural disasters, or for the greater part, griefers, can destroy nor halt your game experience. Another point is with the current number of players we have now, spread across so many servers, it is not needed to further disperse and separate everyone with a new server. You have the ability to easily handle the world around you through skills and items, so to create a server for the sole purpose of being too afraid to effortlessly defend yourself is just not needed.