Sign in to follow this  
silakka

Is Joey Online In Any Form?

Why do we need to keep asking is #### online?

Why cannot we rightclick to add them on friendlist if they have it allowed in friend settings and just wait them to come online ^^

It's very hard to come face to face and then add someone, I have many good friends, but never really got near them, because it's a big world! =)

from my experience in other games i think a command to send a friend request the other side has to accept is the best way to do that

• Like 2

from my experience in other games i think a command to send a friend request the other side has to accept is the best way to do that

could it not be automated though?

IE, send friend request to A who is not online.  A logs in, sees friend request, accepts/denies.  Player B is notified of A's decision.

Would be nice to /add player_name and they get the friend request pop up. But I can see this being used as a "grieffer tool" or abused in pvp. By spamming it over and over filling the persons screen.

And if you could just add someone without them ok'ing it. You could just scout out a village add the villagers to your friends list without them knowing and wait until they are all offline and attack.

As annoying it maybe to have to be right by the person to add them is, I still think its best to leave the system as is.

Edited by Ronnie

Would be nice to /add player_name and they get the friend request pop up. But I can see this being used as a "grieffer tool" or abused in pvp. By spamming it over and over filling the persons screen.

And if you could just add someone without them ok'ing it. You could just scout out a village add the villagers to your friends list without them knowing and wait until they are all offline and attack.

As annoying it maybe to have to be right by the person to add them is, I still think its best to leave the system as is.

Simple enough, If enemy in local you can't send invite/receive invite. and have a 30s cool down after an ignored invite (kingdom on kingdom grief)

Just make it run off /invitations, a clever little thing devised to counteract spamalot

• Like 1

hahahhahahah r u serious

hahahhahahah r u serious

I think that was pretty strong argument, what is so funny about it?

I think that was pretty strong argument, what is so funny about it?

people think that even little things like this will be abused to the max.. ludacris to me :)

It would be a nice little add in overall for the game.

people think know that even little things like this will be abused to the max..

fixed

I thought they were going to work on something.....using invitations?  otherwise the person couldnt send you one.

i heard something ringing along those lines too, Protunia :)

and yes, without the receiver using /invitations first (or something similar) it would be prone to abuse.

fixed

if you have any personal problems we can discuss in PM :)

ive noticed some tension from you.

I havent seen friend invitations being abused anywhere else though if they put even little thought to it =)

To the majority of the total player base, those who play on the Freedom servers, the argument "because it will be abused in PvP" is the most ludicrous argument possible.  PvP balance should not be the main reason for dismissing a feature suggestion.  Ever.

Just make it run off /invitations, a clever little thing devised to counteract spamalot

quoting myself cuz you need to read this. Until we get a proper "invitations" tab this will be the second best solution to a gazillion popups blowing up in your face. Nobody is against this, just please consider stuff before combusting kthx

as long as the whole "can't friend request enemies" stays in and some sort of spam filter is added i see no problem with this.

The best way to do it, would be person A sends invite to person B, person B gets a notification (inside there event chat) that person A wants to be friends, he brings up his friends tab, and can click accept/decline/ignore. (Ignore would make it so they can't send another one, you can always undo it from a ignore tab. This does NOT mute the player - just there invites)

If you must, add a 2 minute cd to sending a friend request to the same person. BAM, problem solved. Won't hurt you pvp players, and helps a TON on pvp and pve. And if you can come up with any problems with it, there is a way to fix it (100 MMO's out there saying hello)

No reason this shouldn't be implemented. This lets new players add there friends easier.

Your Welcome.

Edited by Druidnature

+1. I would like to add friends without coming face to face.  Of course, you would have to accept the request like when friending face to face. Also, I'm a free user, which means I can't mount a horse or fight off the stronger mobs. So I wouldn't be able to easily travel to my friends for something like a friend invite.

If you're worried about people abusing the system, just link it to /invitations. Or make it a way for people to ignore a certain person's invites.

Other games have this system, and it makes things a lot easier.

Edited by Maylilyx

Wouldn't work in chaos/epic because people would abuse the hell out of it. Say that you are on a home server and you know a few pvpers. If you try to add them and the add goes through then you know they are on the server etc... If you can't go face to face then you probably aren't friends to begin with :D

Wouldn't work in chaos/epic because people would abuse the hell out of it. Say that you are on a home server and you know a few pvpers. If you try to add them and the add goes through then you know they are on the server etc... If you can't go face to face then you probably aren't friends to begin with :D

Read the other post... And it shouldn't be that hard to make it where you can't friend enemies. For the love of wurm, 1000 other games have done it. It's not rocket science.

What about RL friends? Or friends acrost server(s)? They may not be able to meet face to face at the start. I know when I first joined it would have made my life a hell of a lot easier. And there's multiple people still that I'd like to add, but I can't because I don't have the time to go acrost a server just to add them.

There is flat out no reason to not add this. It's not like we can't make it where people can't abuse it. It's very easy. Read the above post, there's most of those problems solved.

(And please note I don't mean to sound harsh in this post, just saying there are work arounds)