Sign in to follow this  
chazman17

Whats New?

So I haven't check on Wurm for 2 years now and I am curious whats new? I have seen some new animations from videos online and such where they FINALLY got the mining animation, fighting animation, and digging animation. I also sow some couple story buildings now! Cool! Waited forever for that! Anyways I was wondering if someone could give me a brief idea of some supranational changes to gameplay. Is there anymore benifits for free players at all? New skills? So on! Cheers. - Chazman

• Like 1

I have seen some new animations from videos online and such where they FINALLY got the mining animation, fighting animation, and digging animation.

I think that's one of the oldest animations still in Wurm. Definitely older than 2 years. :P

not much change to gameplay just cosmetic changes to be honest

Edit: I mean the multi story house thing is cool but not really a game changer the next update sounds interesting though 

Edited by Kegan

I think that's one of the oldest animations still in Wurm. Definitely older than 2 years. :P

Wasn't as nice when I was playing. The pickaxe would stay still while you character would flail in the air.

I noticed you can mine bitcoin with your CPU to earn wurm online iron coins. This is a nice convience.

^ not worth it

And why is that? :o I was making 247 Iron a hour

And why is that? :o I was making 247 Iron a hour

Usually the cost of the electricity plus the strain it puts on your computer isn't worth it.

• Like 1

Usually the cost of the electricity plus the strain it puts on your computer isn't worth it.

Electricity is actually quite cheap here and my parts are power effecient as all hell. Also 3 year warrenty on my GPU. Should be fine, been doing Litecoin Mining and such for a while now.

247 iron a hour isn't worth it in my opinion, you could get that in 1 minute. >_>.

I doubt I'd run it even if I was making 30c/h though, I can make silver fast when I feel like it, so I'd rather not harm my computer (though, I doubt it would)

247 iron a hour isn't worth it in my opinion, you could get that in 1 minute. >_>.

I doubt I'd run it even if I was making 30c/h though, I can make silver fast when I feel like it, so I'd rather not harm my computer (though, I doubt it would)

How can you make that money that fast? :o

actually alot of stuff changed but its a bit difficult to find all posts regarding that ;) most stuff is probably graphical like character costumization, new textures, new models, actual better animations with "skin" instead of moving chopped legs ;)

the horses have eyes instead of dots and so on XD

then there is multi story, which may not game breaking/changing, but it changes aloooooot regarding the visuals of wurm when travelling around^^ since alot of people are using them.

then we got water particles for fountains and new servers and I think raiding is possible again on chaos servers? also you can "steal" stuff from merchants now :o on pvp atleast....then we got new avatar models for magranon and fo I think....mh.....did i mention new models already?XD

I think there were some changes about leathworking, blacksmithing ah yeah and paving got a better use now since multi story....trolls can bash fences and go through unlocked doors, all intelligent monsters can go through unlocked doors :P

catapults have visible flying ammo now XD

uhm....

there is more, but really, you should look for yourself ;9

Rare items functionality.

We can pick up empty BSB's.

Horses stay hitched on cart over server restarts.

Digging got new abilities; Flatten Border, Level up/down (when leveling down it is like continuous slow digging that pulls dirt up and puts it in your inventory, or if leveling up it attempts to use dirt in inventory to raise the tile borders... Level only works when you stand on a flat tile).

We no longer create iron scraps and cotton rags as byproduct when working with iron lumps or spindling cotton.

That's to add some which I could easily remember impacting my gameplay in memorable fashion.

2 years... hmmm, well we now have 11 servers (not counting the tutorial server) across 3 clusters - one PvP [Epic, which has fater skillgain and skills aremore effective than listed] one PvE [Pristine and Release - newest servers] and one a mix [PvE on 4 servers with Chaos - Old Wild server -  attached for some PvP].

Were bulk storage bins in when you were last here? Those are one of the best additions to Wurm since I started playing 4 years ago.

Creation of some items has been changed, crude items can be created so you canmake tools from nothing and then loads of cosmetic stuff.

New skills include thatching, papyrus making... possibly another I've missed. Free players still have the 20 limit.

there are also achievements now and new mobs! hellhounds, hellhorses and hellscorpions^^

You can see armor when you wear it, and they have models for gold and brass etc. :)

Oh, I forgot - slate and marble veins.