Sign in to follow this  
Sodomiko

Please ... Birds, Palm Trees, Rivers! Thanks.

It would be great if we had palm trees on the beaches, rivers for fishing and birds flying

+1 to all of it, but has been suggested many times.

Well there are already eagles that fly around.

Palm trees would be fun to have on sand.

Rivers. Well, you can make canals and inlets, but as far as flowing water goes - that requires a huge amount of new coding and Rolf has said it's something he'd like to implement in the future, and believes it is possible, but it won't be for a while yet.

Palm trees would be fun to have on sand.

Ooooo....   +1

Flowing water would be nice.... As long as we can dam it and divert it too.

+1 Rivers would be great. And if graphic allowed it, waterfalls too. 

+1 Rivers would be great. And if graphic allowed it, waterfalls too. 

Rolf mentioned in the last IRC chat I think it was that some form of waterfall graphic could be done with something similar to the fountain effects but falling off a tile border.

I think palm trees would be really great, and also possible with a combination of existing code? For example, you take the meditation logic requiring proximity to water (to avoid entire deserts becoming palm forests) and tile type = sand and if those work, then allows palms to grow there :)

Rivers are much more complex, and have possibly disastrous consequences so I could imagine them taking months to implement. As for birds... to actually have ones you can attack would be cool but not much different from existing mobs so *shrug*

Palm trees would be nice to have in places where it makes sense, I.E a server/region with warmer climate, not growing out of any random sand patches across all servers.

Rivers would be complicated. Time-consuming to code and probably hard to implement in a way suitable to Wurm's dynamic terrain. Wouldn't want someone to re-route a river and flood your deed, no?